My Build Thread - Page 325 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 04:45 PM   eBay Motors  #3241 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by looch10 View Post
Ya you hunt the big exotic game, the ones that hide in villages and behind women and children. What were the called again?
Not so exotic in a caveman sort of way

But having been in both Iraq and the Stan, I'd have to say those T-ban guys stood and fought a lot of the time. Saw some crazy stuff. Actually saluted them a time or two. Ther were definately fighters. Now the Iraqis...just chicken parts

http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com

Author of: "Distant Thunder"
flyin6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 05:18 PM   eBay Motors  #3242 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Gun stuff going on over at my gator 825 build thread
Thanks Holton!
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2012, 07:30 AM   eBay Motors  #3243 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Back to farms, land, guns, hunting, even ragheads. I love it.

Benelli - good guns. Own several. The nova is a solid, cheaper gun that'll shoot every size shell and shot you wanna run through it. They can take a beating and keep going, almost as good as the ol remington 870's. The SBEII are very deadly weapons in the right hands!

Mossberg - very good guns, solid built, cheaper guns. Parts readily available, as well as upgrades. Very reliable doomsday weapon that parts would be easily accessible too. Very reliable, or they wouldnt be so popular with our armed forces. Own several of these as well, in various gauges.

Remington - 870 - nuff said. To Broc212, look into the new versa-max. I picked one up last year, and I absolutely love it. It's my go to gun every time im going to a skeet shoot, dove hunt, duck hunt, and squirrel hunt. Handles 2 3/4 up to 3 1/2. No recoil what-so-ever. Goosehunt with it, and never feel a thing. Camo version. It is a little pricey, but, I would compare it with the SBEII and other top end guns before making a final decision. I've had guys that love benelli hold that versa max, even shoot it, then throw down the benelli. Has a real solid feel about it. Anyway, just a thought, to complicate your situation more !

Browning - A5g's were solid. Only browning I currently use is my Gold Stalker 10 gauge semi-auto. My goose gun, and it's a stud ! Nothing can evade a 3 1/2" round of BB's screaming at them outta that 10 gauge !

Ok. Back to trucks...

Don, you call that mud?? I think even shawn could have navigated those trails in the Ferd.....

My Build Thread
Armalite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 09:29 AM   eBay Motors  #3244 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
Back to farms, land, guns, hunting, even ragheads. I love it.

Benelli - good guns. Own several. The nova is a solid, cheaper gun that'll shoot every size shell and shot you wanna run through it. They can take a beating and keep going, almost as good as the ol remington 870's. The SBEII are very deadly weapons in the right hands!

Mossberg - very good guns, solid built, cheaper guns. Parts readily available, as well as upgrades. Very reliable doomsday weapon that parts would be easily accessible too. Very reliable, or they wouldnt be so popular with our armed forces. Own several of these as well, in various gauges.

Remington - 870 - nuff said. To Broc212, look into the new versa-max. I picked one up last year, and I absolutely love it. It's my go to gun every time im going to a skeet shoot, dove hunt, duck hunt, and squirrel hunt. Handles 2 3/4 up to 3 1/2. No recoil what-so-ever. Goosehunt with it, and never feel a thing. Camo version. It is a little pricey, but, I would compare it with the SBEII and other top end guns before making a final decision. I've had guys that love benelli hold that versa max, even shoot it, then throw down the benelli. Has a real solid feel about it. Anyway, just a thought, to complicate your situation more !

Browning - A5g's were solid. Only browning I currently use is my Gold Stalker 10 gauge semi-auto. My goose gun, and it's a stud ! Nothing can evade a 3 1/2" round of BB's screaming at them outta that 10 gauge !

Ok. Back to trucks...

Don, you call that mud?? I think even shawn could have navigated those trails in the Ferd.....
Mud, are you kidding! That is the worse! I've never seen such condirions. My suspension flexed inches at times! I drove over bumps! There was super narly looking terrain in view at all times. Thank the heavens there was no nasty mulch to get stuck in. There were times I hit ruts that caused the truck to actually rock slightly side to side.
It was awful. I'm curently half way through a total redesign of the suspension to be able to handle even bigger bumps, say 6" or greater at speesd of over 10mph! Serious stuff, but I think with some rockwells, 66" ag tires and a bushhog crew working in front of me, and well a couple tractors pulling box scrapers, I should be much more off road capable!
For now, back to the mall to stuff not quite as rough!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:10 AM   eBay Motors  #3245 (permalink)

Quote:
I think even shawn could have navigated those trails in the Ferd.....
Just had to bring me in to the mix didn't ya!
stlaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 11:17 AM   eBay Motors  #3246 (permalink)

Quote:
Super Nova was my first ever gun purchase and it will eat and cycle anything you put into it, love that gun. I then upgraded to an M2 and put a 7-shot magazine extension on it for a total of 11 The M2 is also an extremely reliable gun, I have shot it upside down, one handed, etc and it performs flawlessly. Then Benelli had to come out with the Vinci and taunt me with its futuristic look and incredibly easy take-down. Now that I think of it, I could have invested all this money into my non existent duramax I should be driving! Anyway, the Vinci is amazing. I have not found anyone yet that is willing to put it down once they try it. The Vinci is truly a thing of beauty. My most recent purchase was a M1014 for home defense. I believe the M4, although pricey is the most reliable home defense shotgun you can buy along with the numerous upgades and accesories you can acquire for them. I've ran thousands of rounds through my Benelli's without a single cycling issue, that in itself speaks volumes of the quality they produce. Last year duck hunting my buddy dropped his SBE-II in some nasty swamp muck...after some digging he pulled it out and proceeded to take out 3 birds. They may be pricey, but you get what you pay for.
dkami712 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 03:16 PM   eBay Motors  #3247 (permalink)

Man, this forum isn't about just trucks. It's about everything!
You guys are tearing me up now! Do I want a Versa Max, Vinci, SBE-II, M2?!
What a jump it'll be.. going from pump-action to semi-auto. Wow...

Anyways, come to Illinois. We have the worst mud you can possibly get!
Cheap
Turd

Duramax very soon!
Broc212 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 03:42 PM   eBay Motors  #3248 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLakeOffRoad View Post
Just had to bring me in to the mix didn't ya!
You know it! Didn't want you to get your feelings hurt.....

Tell you what, I'll change it and give you a little more credit.

Even you could have navigated those trails in the jeep !!

My Build Thread

Last edited by Armalite; 11-20-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:43 PM   eBay Motors  #3249 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin6 View Post
Mud, are you kidding! That is the worse! I've never seen such condirions. My suspension flexed inches at times! I drove over bumps! There was super narly looking terrain in view at all times. Thank the heavens there was no nasty mulch to get stuck in. There were times I hit ruts that caused the truck to actually rock slightly side to side.
It was awful. I'm curently half way through a total redesign of the suspension to be able to handle even bigger bumps, say 6" or greater at speesd of over 10mph! Serious stuff, but I think with some rockwells, 66" ag tires and a bushhog crew working in front of me, and well a couple tractors pulling box scrapers, I should be much more off road capable!
For now, back to the mall to stuff not quite as rough!
I expected to get a smart remark from you ! Didn't expect an entire paragraph though.... But then again, we are dealing with an army pilot here...

My Build Thread
Old 11-20-2012, 03:44 PM   eBay Motors  #3250 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broc212 View Post
Man, this forum isn't about just trucks. It's about everything!
You guys are tearing me up now! Do I want a Versa Max, Vinci, SBE-II, M2?!
What a jump it'll be.. going from pump-action to semi-auto. Wow...

Anyways, come to Illinois. We have the worst mud you can possibly get!
That's what makes it so interesting. Keeps everyone hanging around, for one reason or another.

My Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.