My Build Thread - Page 366 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 10:43 AM   eBay Motors  #3651 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just read through your build, (almost all of it) truck looks very nice man!
Thank You!

http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com

Author of: "Distant Thunder"
flyin6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 AM   eBay Motors  #3652 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Looky here!

THe designer at Road Armor has the bumper all packaged up and ready to ship. I believe the thing is going to be shipped today or tomorrow, so we will all have a much better look at it in just a few days. You listening Canada?
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 AM   eBay Motors  #3653 (permalink)

Unmentionables

That darned former name that I cannot mention had better get off their duffs and ship you some parts for a hinged tire carrier! I would say it but getting banned 3x in one week is a little much for me even, ha ha. Realize they are more parts that we won't even be selling mind you.......

Edit: note I still have not read the rules so hopefully I didn't just break another by ghosting those unmentionable things in the public view?

Last edited by stlaser; 01-16-2013 at 11:25 AM.
stlaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 AM   eBay Motors  #3654 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlaser View Post
Unmentionables

That darned former name that I cannot mention had better get off their duffs and ship you some parts for a hinged tire carrier! I would say it but getting banned 3x in one week is a little much for me even, ha ha. Realize they are more parts that we won't even be selling mind you.......

Edit: note I still have not read the rules so hopefully I didn't just break another by ghosting those unmentionable things in the public view?
All right so we are speaking in code
OK
Well
If you know THAT GUY over in the great lakes area who plays with ugly 4X4's (Jeeps) Sure, let's look at that thing you, err, he wants to produce.
I just might be tipping up to 37" tires, so when I have to purchase wheel/tire #5 for the spare rack, it will become decision time...

Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 AM   eBay Motors  #3655 (permalink)

I'm going to have those oil impregnated washers dropped shipped from the supplier to you. So if you recieve a box from MSC or McMaster this is what it is. I will also (most likely once you have received parts) draw up another basic sketch giving you a couple ideas to work off of for that rear carrier using these hinge parts. If you need double what I am shipping you initially (hinge parts) to carry all that extra weight & / or if the bumper can actually hold up to the all of this abuse (extra weight) then we can get you more parts. Including but not limited to things like plate gussets, structural tubing and other extra reinforcing items. We have plenty of drop laying around I can provide you for your build up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin6 View Post
All right so we are speaking in code
OK
Well
If you know THAT GUY over in the XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (shhhhhh!) who plays with ugly 4X4's (Jeeps & butt ugly EB's) Sure, let's look at that thing you, err, he wants to donate.
I just might be tipping up to 37" tires, so when I have to purchase wheel/tire #5 for the spare rack, it will become decision time...
Old 01-16-2013, 01:18 PM   eBay Motors  #3656 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
I'm going to have those oil impregnated washers dropped shipped from the supplier to you. So if you recieve a box from MSC or McMaster this is what it is. I will also (most likely once you have received parts) draw up another basic sketch giving you a couple ideas to work off of for that rear carrier using these hinge parts. If you need double what I am shipping you initially (hinge parts) to carry all that extra weight & / or if the bumper can actually hold up to the all of this abuse (extra weight) then we can get you more parts. Including but not limited to things like plate gussets, structural tubing and other extra reinforcing items. We have plenty of drop laying around I can provide you for your build up.
Cool Shawn, appreciate it

I have collected a ton of designs already but the hinge boils down to the mugo wheel bearing stud design or 2 poly bushings, allowing it to hinge like a fence gate.
The thing may be made in two halves meeting in the middle, or more likely span from the passenger side all the way to the drivers side, opening far enough to clear the tail gate + a few inches.
I think it needs to carry the spare tire and a couple fuel or water cans and maybe some pioneer equipment. I estimate the weight will come in somewhere around 250-300 lbs.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:16 PM   eBay Motors  #3657 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Looking good!! Get that thing to 'Tucky now !!!

Truck is for sale...
Check the classifieds section...

My Build Thread
Armalite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 04:33 PM   eBay Motors  #3658 (permalink)

You can rig this up either way. I personally think that having it in two pieces & connecting in the center will be better. These parts are HD enough to mount low and close to the bumper on either side. This should help keep them clear of brake lights. However, you may still want to add a third brake light at the top of the tire for all those foreign cars that will not be able to see over your tailgate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin6 View Post
Cool Shawn, appreciate it

I have collected a ton of designs already but the hinge boils down to the mugo wheel bearing stud design or 2 poly bushings, allowing it to hinge like a fence gate.
The thing may be made in two halves meeting in the middle, or more likely span from the passenger side all the way to the drivers side, opening far enough to clear the tail gate + a few inches.
I think it needs to carry the spare tire and a couple fuel or water cans and maybe some pioneer equipment. I estimate the weight will come in somewhere around 250-300 lbs.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 PM   eBay Motors  #3659 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
Looking good!! Get that thing to 'Tucky now !!!
Ash, I just got the bill of lading! It's finally on it's way to the Tucky.
Going out tomorrow to purchase the paint and bed liner product I plan to use on it.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 PM   eBay Motors  #3660 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
You can rig this up either way. I personally think that having it in two pieces & connecting in the center will be better. These parts are HD enough to mount low and close to the bumper on either side. This should help keep them clear of brake lights. However, you may still want to add a third brake light at the top of the tire for all those foreign cars that will not be able to see over your tailgate.
I like the meet in the middle design because it does not cantilever the weight of those fuel cans 5 feet from the mount. There were Hummer mounts (like mine) that broke with all that weight flopping around.
What I don't like about it is the possibility or a rattle or movement that might overcome the latch. If I go with a two piece design, then I might incorporate some rummer padded pedestal for the two arms to rest upon...I'll think about it and come up with something cool...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.