My Build Thread - Page 369 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 01:35 PM   eBay Motors  #3681 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

You people are ruthless!
Just got back from Case. When they pulled the tracks off the dozer, they discovered my frame was cracked on both sides. We're going to grind it all out and reweld, but that costs another $400-$600
2011 6" Fabtech, Dirt Logic, Road Armor F&R, Warn fogs,Hella HID and headlights, LEDs, S&B Intake,H&S XT Pro,MBRP 4" side exit,ProComp 18" wheels,35" Toyo MT's 9K winch,synthetic rope,poly rollers,AD 165,sump,Opti-Lube,Rare parts tie rods,4.56 gears Grizzly locker,Amsoil bypass filter,Fumoto valve,GLO diff cover & U-bolt flip,survival gear,Raptor bed liner, relocated shock mounts,Cognito UCA & truss kit,Sulastic shackles,gun mount,Filter rock shields,Edge CTS,resonator block off,EGR delete,Alligator downpipe,Hypertech speedo calibrator,Kenwood GPS,Pro-Flow manis & up-pipes,deep trans pan,3" intercooler pipe,custom spare and fuel can rack, butterfly valve delete,
PCV delete
Author of: "Distant Thunder"
flyin6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 02:18 PM   eBay Motors  #3682 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade
Lifetime Supporting Member

Ahh man, I feel guilty about my wise a** comments now. On another note, I think I saw someone jumping a schoolbus with a red dozer on one of those tv shows a couple weeks ago....the crowd was chanting "chrome stack attack" over and over again in the background. jk Big Don, that does suck, hope they don't find anything else while it's tore down.
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 04:52 PM   eBay Motors  #3683 (permalink)

Don thanks for the great build. I have read all posts twice and have really enjoyed all aspects of guns, politics, etc. What are your thoughts on coolant filtration. It looks like the kits are pretty cheap. I am trying to get the best filtration of all fluids.
Jared Herzog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 PM   eBay Motors  #3684 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

don, check your email. i sent you some pictures of those spare tire mounts and a couple of other ones that i thought you might find interesting

06 LBZ, CC SB
52 gal titan
edge juice w/ attitude

nmeyer414 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 05:14 PM   eBay Motors  #3685 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Herzog View Post
Don thanks for the great build. I have read all posts twice and have really enjoyed all aspects of guns, politics, etc. What are your thoughts on coolant filtration. It looks like the kits are pretty cheap. I am trying to get the best filtration of all fluids.
Haven't really thought about that, your thoughts? Others?
2011 6" Fabtech, Dirt Logic, Road Armor F&R, Warn fogs,Hella HID and headlights, LEDs, S&B Intake,H&S XT Pro,MBRP 4" side exit,ProComp 18" wheels,35" Toyo MT's 9K winch,synthetic rope,poly rollers,AD 165,sump,Opti-Lube,Rare parts tie rods,4.56 gears Grizzly locker,Amsoil bypass filter,Fumoto valve,GLO diff cover & U-bolt flip,survival gear,Raptor bed liner, relocated shock mounts,Cognito UCA & truss kit,Sulastic shackles,gun mount,Filter rock shields,Edge CTS,resonator block off,EGR delete,Alligator downpipe,Hypertech speedo calibrator,Kenwood GPS,Pro-Flow manis & up-pipes,deep trans pan,3" intercooler pipe,custom spare and fuel can rack, butterfly valve delete,
PCV delete
Old 01-17-2013, 05:16 PM   eBay Motors  #3686 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmeyer414 View Post
don, check your email. i sent you some pictures of those spare tire mounts and a couple of other ones that i thought you might find interesting
Thanks Nate
Good pics!
HMMV, for sure.
You know how that thing swings out??? You could easily mount a hand crank winch on the inside... Was already thinking about that, but since everyone jumped on that deadlift bone I threw out there, I thought I'd keep it close hold until it showed up in pics!
PCV delete
Old 01-17-2013, 05:26 PM   eBay Motors  #3687 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensAuto View Post
Ahh man, I feel guilty about my wise a** comments now. On another note, I think I saw someone jumping a schoolbus with a red dozer on one of those tv shows a couple weeks ago....the crowd was chanting "chrome stack attack" over and over again in the background. jk Big Don, that does suck, hope they don't find anything else while it's tore down.
You know, that's OK. At least we found it. That track is going to be spiffy cool! So far they replaced three questionable hoses. Replaced the worn sprokets, Found a support roller wheel all loose and hanging and reinstalled that properly. They crimped new ends on the bat cable, put a fuse in a wire that was added which was a fire hazard, pulled one final drive apart replacing the gaskets that were leaking. Cleaned the air filter system with a new filter, installed two new track adjuster cylinder grease valves which were defective, changed the fluids (Amsoil in the motor) and are replacing the bushings and some pins in the loader lift arms.
With the welded up cracks, I have about a 80% undercarriage, recently rebuilt engine, and all serviced and new everything. I could have purchased another unit for 15K-20K and had to work on it, this way I will have 8K cash and my old gator in it, and it will not be all that far from a new unit. And I even got ugly paint at no extra charge!
Can you just imagine that ugly beast parked on a pile of freshly crushed Kias?
PCV delete
Old 01-19-2013, 02:54 PM   eBay Motors  #3688 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Got a call from R&L trucking.
The bumper will be here Monday!
PCV delete
Old 01-19-2013, 03:05 PM   eBay Motors  #3689 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin6 View Post
Got a call from R&L trucking.
The bumper will be here Monday!
Hell yes!

http://zero-signal.org/2500HD/2500HD_sig_small.jpg

SGT/USMC | 0311
CODE4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 03:06 PM   eBay Motors  #3690 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

And will be installed Monday afternoon ! Looking forward to seeing pictures of this.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2008 GMC 2500HD LMM SLT CC SB 4x4 Z71
Buckstop front bumper, WARN M12000 winch, PIAA 520 ATP driving / PIAA 510 fog, Westin Platinum Series nerf bars, Pace Edwards Bedlocker tonneau cover, Cognito UCA leveling kit and HD Idler Pivot Assembly, Cognito Pitman and Idler steering braces, Bilstein 5100's, LT285/70R17 BFG AT KO tires, 17 x 9 XD Series Crank Wheels, 15% Tint Driver/Passenger windows, GM Tow Mirrors, DDM Tuning HID lights 6000K 35W
Georgia Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.