Installs: 2012 lml - Page 84 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 AM   eBay Motors  #831 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosis21 View Post
Great thread armalite!!! Gotten lots of great ideas and might have even raised my IQ a little! Haha keep up the great work I enjoyed reading, props to you bud
Im not so sure on raising the IQ...

Hang around here much longer and you will be inflicted with I.S., or whatever it is that we seem to get while installing on these duramax's....

Either way, thanks for the compliments. Appreciated very much.

Truck is for sale...
Check the classifieds section...

My Build Thread
Armalite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 AM   eBay Motors  #832 (permalink)

I will let on that I have ordered the Road Armor front bumper. It will be arriving sometime next month. Willie told me it would be a few weeks before it shows itself around here.

So, with in the month I hope to detail the complete installation of it, the lights and winch, along with this rear diff cover and the switches...

Truck is for sale...

My Build Thread
Old 01-21-2013, 02:51 PM   eBay Motors  #833 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
I will let on that I have ordered the Road Armor front bumper. It will be arriving sometime next month. Willie told me it would be a few weeks before it shows itself around here.

So, with in the month I hope to detail the complete installation of it, the lights and winch, along with this rear diff cover and the switches...
Ash,
Check out the rear one...just arrived at Casa Don
Looking PDG
Will start on it tomorrow!
SCHWEAT!!!!!!!!!!!
2011 6" Fabtech, Dirt Logic, Road Armor F&R, Warn fogs,Hella HID and headlights, LEDs, S&B Intake,H&S XT Pro,MBRP 4" side exit,ProComp 18" wheels,35" Toyo MT's 9K winch,synthetic rope,poly rollers,AD 165,sump,Opti-Lube,Rare parts tie rods,4.56 gears Grizzly locker,Amsoil bypass filter,Fumoto valve,GLO diff cover & U-bolt flip,survival gear,Raptor bed liner, relocated shock mounts,Cognito UCA & truss kit,Sulastic shackles,gun mount,Filter rock shields,Edge CTS,resonator block off,EGR delete,Alligator downpipe,Hypertech speedo calibrator,Kenwood GPS,Pro-Flow manis & up-pipes,deep trans pan,3" intercooler pipe,custom spare and fuel can rack, butterfly valve delete,
PCV delete
Author of: "Distant Thunder"
flyin6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 03:32 PM   eBay Motors  #834 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin6 View Post
Ash,
Check out the rear one...just arrived at Casa Don
Looking PDG
Will start on it tomorrow!
SCHWEAT!!!!!!!!!!!
Why must you influence me?? I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but there is a definite influence there...

Now where's the pics of that new rear bumper...

Truck is for sale...

My Build Thread
Old 01-21-2013, 03:48 PM   eBay Motors  #835 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade

X2 on the pics....all he gave us was some scribbled schematic of twisted steal for some kind of tire holder thing that goes on said bumper. I think the bumper was a ploy to distract us from the real project......RED Dozer!
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 04:08 PM   eBay Motors  #836 (permalink)

Lol, RED DOZER. I like it.

I'm sure he has to clean all the slobber off the thing before he can take pics....

Truck is for sale...

My Build Thread
Old 01-22-2013, 06:18 AM   eBay Motors  #837 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensAuto View Post
X2 on the pics....all he gave us was some scribbled schematic of twisted steal for some kind of tire holder thing that goes on said bumper. I think the bumper was a ploy to distract us from the real project......RED Dozer!
Think: Big Red with a 6" lift, turned up fuel pump and wide tracks! Oh, and stereo!

Hey, seriously, I have modded the dozer some! Amsoil installed! Heavier battery cables! Rotated the chrome stack to blow forward (Helps produce thrust to slow me down coming into the turns!)
2011 6" Fabtech, Dirt Logic, Road Armor F&R, Warn fogs,Hella HID and headlights, LEDs, S&B Intake,H&S XT Pro,MBRP 4" side exit,ProComp 18" wheels,35" Toyo MT's 9K winch,synthetic rope,poly rollers,AD 165,sump,Opti-Lube,Rare parts tie rods,4.56 gears Grizzly locker,Amsoil bypass filter,Fumoto valve,GLO diff cover & U-bolt flip,survival gear,Raptor bed liner, relocated shock mounts,Cognito UCA & truss kit,Sulastic shackles,gun mount,Filter rock shields,Edge CTS,resonator block off,EGR delete,Alligator downpipe,Hypertech speedo calibrator,Kenwood GPS,Pro-Flow manis & up-pipes,deep trans pan,3" intercooler pipe,custom spare and fuel can rack, butterfly valve delete,
PCV delete
Author of: "Distant Thunder"
flyin6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 04:23 PM   eBay Motors  #838 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin6 View Post
Think: Big Red with a 6" lift, turned up fuel pump and wide tracks! Oh, and stereo!

Hey, seriously, I have modded the dozer some! Amsoil installed! Heavier battery cables! Rotated the chrome stack to blow forward (Helps produce thrust to slow me down coming into the turns!)
And I always thought it was to help push you in reverse for when you mess up and need to back up to fix your mistakes!!!

Truck is for sale...

My Build Thread
Old 01-24-2013, 01:06 PM   eBay Motors  #839 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
I went with blue backlight for the switches. Here is a mock up version of what it will look like when pieced together...

Did you get your switches installed into the dash somewhere? I'm interested to see where you will eventually wind up mounting them. I have plans to do something very similar with OTRATTW switches. I'm staying tuned...
2011 Dmax, CC 4WD SB. 6" ICON Lift & Shocks. BMF 20X9 Novakane 8 Stealth wheels. Nitto Trail Grappler 37" Tires.4:56 G2 Gears, ARB Air-Locker (rear), AMP Research Steps. Custom Firestone AirBags with Warn Compressor. RetroSolutions Hi-Beams and Fogs. Trailworthy Fab 42" LED Light Bar. AirDogII. 400W/120VAC PureSine Inverter.
BeechAV8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 01:09 PM   eBay Motors  #840 (permalink)

Not yet!!! I stole the idea from Tyler. That bracket is a perfect fit in the overhead console, just past the dome lights. Just have to cut out the square hole, and insert the bracket.

Truck is for sale...

My Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.