Installs: 2012 lml - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 07 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 08:02 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Installs: 2012 lml

Well, ordered it for my 2012 lml. This will be my very first aftermarket install for my truck. I went with the paper filter because i am on dirt roads and oil field roads everyday. Hope the install goes well !
Armalite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 08:50 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

I've been trying to decide between a Banks and SB intake for my LML (have a Banks on my LBZ). Let us know if you notice better throttle response with the SB.
LMLDirtyMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 04:48 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Will do.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:58 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

What is your reason for replacing the factory intake? Are you making so much extra power that you feel the need to let more in with an aftermarket intake? Has anybody done flow tests with the factory intake versus aftermarket yet?
06 CCSB LBZ 4x4 LT3; torsion key lift (leveled); 265/75-16 Pro Comp A/T on OEM wheels (winter), BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain 275/70-18 on XD Diesel 18x9 (summer); MBRP 4" turbo back with Corsa muffler; EGR blocked; Edge Insight CTS gauges; EFI Live DSP2 by Idaho Rob - 80HP DD and 40HP tow with turbo brake (love it!); Rancho 9000XL shocks; updated rear cab mounts; Transgo Jr.; Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves; everything synthetic; Access Tonneau hiding Line-X; tinted windows 5% all around; Tekonsha P3 brake controller; HIR bulbs, more to come soon......
knaffie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 05:09 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaffie View Post
What is your reason for replacing the factory intake? Are you making so much extra power that you feel the need to let more in with an aftermarket intake? Has anybody done flow tests with the factory intake versus aftermarket yet?
No tests performed here. I plan on doing some more mods, and i want my truck to be able to "breathe" as much as it can. Less restriction, the better.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:25 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

I'll be curious to see what the flow tests say. The LBZ/LMM intake flowed enough to support over 500HP. Many people bought aftermarket intakes anyway, essentially throwing their money away. The stock element also filters the best compared to all the aftermarkets.
06 CCSB LBZ 4x4 LT3; torsion key lift (leveled); 265/75-16 Pro Comp A/T on OEM wheels (winter), BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain 275/70-18 on XD Diesel 18x9 (summer); MBRP 4" turbo back with Corsa muffler; EGR blocked; Edge Insight CTS gauges; EFI Live DSP2 by Idaho Rob - 80HP DD and 40HP tow with turbo brake (love it!); Rancho 9000XL shocks; updated rear cab mounts; Transgo Jr.; Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves; everything synthetic; Access Tonneau hiding Line-X; tinted windows 5% all around; Tekonsha P3 brake controller; HIR bulbs, more to come soon......
knaffie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 05:30 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaffie View Post
I'll be curious to see what the flow tests say. The LBZ/LMM intake flowed enough to support over 500HP. Many people bought aftermarket intakes anyway, essentially throwing their money away. The stock element also filters the best compared to all the aftermarkets.
Well, i wont be performing any flow tests. So, what i do with my money is my business, so no worries there. I guess if anything, at least it will look better than the factory intake !
Old 05-08-2012, 04:24 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

And here it is...

Last edited by Armalite; 02-11-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:33 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Install it, and let us know how it does. I have been considering getting one, because I want to do something to my truck that is relatively cheap, and not a lot of work. If it does nothing, I will not spend the money, but if it gives a little performance, i'm all over it.
5" MBRP Turbo Back / MagnaFlow DownPipe
AirDog II DF-165
PCV Reroute / ProFab EGR Delete
TransGo Jr. / Allison Deep Pan / Mag Hytec Diff Cover
GO GATORS
firefighter37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 04:41 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Will do. Got alot going on this morning, so it will probably be tomorow before i tackle this one. maybe...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.