2013 Duramax and the future - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 07:30 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

2013 Duramax and the future

A duramax expert here in Abilene told me that GM is making it very difficult for aftermarket companies to make programmers. He stated the new 2013 duramax is supposedly is going to have all kinds of new sensors making it difficult for companies to make programmers. He is a PPE authorized dearler in this area said he was told (by PPE I assume) that they would have programmers for the new 2013 GM duramax in 3 yrs after production. Wow, kinda is a long time. At least, I think it is a long time.

*Air*

*Fuel*

Dyno'd 4/13/13: 643 RWHP/1086 RWTQ

Thanks to A-Star Diesel Performance and Redline Mobile Dyno (George and Willie Loewen)
Duramax381 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 07:33 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
oh yaaaaaaaaaa

Good, they are giving people enough horsepower stock, that you don't need to modify. And also this DEF that everyone hates, it is actually very good, and is working how it should! I don't mind what they are doing wit emissions now. I will always keep my truck and make it fast, but if I got a brand new one id leave it stock cause it has everything I need.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
EFI Live, AFE hot/cold intercooler tubes, SDP EGR delete,5" MBRP straight pipe, 3" Diamondeye Downpipe, Bills custom intake, AFE turbo mouthpiece, Edge CTS Insight, Recon taillights, cab lights, and tailgate light bar, 8000K HID's, PacBrake Air bags, 06 grille, Reflexxion Cowl hood, Pioneer 3100 double din,
Click picture to be redirected to Meyerperformance.com
Price match Guarantee!
kman2468 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 07:33 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

only 2 years of warranty left at that point!

-2006 GMC CCSB LBZ --Sold--

http://performancetruckproducts.com/

-2004 Grand Prix GTP
Stocker

-2008 Pearl White Streetglide
primetime_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 07:34 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

They said the same thing about the lml. Look how long that took lol. 13 is am lml still though?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-11-2012, 08:31 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

One good point about all the new sensors, is that the value of the older D-Max's is going to sky rocket!
2011 6" Fabtech, Dirt Logic, Road Armor F&R, Warn fogs,Hella HID and headlights, LEDs, S&B Intake,H&S XT Pro,MBRP 4" side exit,ProComp 18" wheels,35" Toyo MT's 9K winch,synthetic rope,poly rollers,AD 165,sump,Opti-Lube,Rare parts tie rods,4.56 gears Grizzly locker,Amsoil bypass filter,Fumoto valve,GLO diff cover & U-bolt flip,survival gear,Raptor bed liner, relocated shock mounts,Cognito UCA & truss kit,Sulastic shackles,gun mount,Filter rock shields,Edge CTS,resonator block off,EGR delete,Alligator downpipe,Hypertech speedo calibrator,Kenwood GPS,Pro-Flow manis & up-pipes,deep trans pan,3" intercooler pipe,custom spare and fuel can rack, butterfly valve delete,
PCV delete
Author of: "Distant Thunder"
flyin6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 08:27 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin6 View Post
One good point about all the new sensors, is that the value of the older D-Max's is going to sky rocket!
Very true. Make me wanna buy a few low mileage lbz's and hold onto them
willsdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 08:33 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

If they don't do some major changes to the interior I don't want it anyway.
Isn't it about time for a body style change as well.

When will it be?

To Be Installed:EGRblock,ADII 165

Thanks to: http://www.syntheticmotorsports.com/
brandon.prewitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 10:55 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

You gotta watch those dealers. When i bought my goat in 09(what i traded in on my lml) the service manager told me that the new 2010's ecms were gonna be to where if you tried to reprogram it, the truck would go into limp mode. He said there was impossible to program it. I think mopar or gm tells the dealership ppl stuff and they just take it as the stone cold truth and dont really know what they talking about sometimes.

2011 GMC 2500HD SLE CC/SB 4x4 __ Insight CTS, B&W turn over ball, added tow mirrors with signals, Go Rhino Dominator III nerfs, cranked T-bars(stock keys), Zone shock ext, Bilstein 5100's up front, RS5000 stabilizer shock, a little trimming, 35x12.50 Toyo M/Ts on stock 20's!

Shop @ the DMAXstore.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER View Post
You can never have too much tire, only too much fender.
silver_lml is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 11:03 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon.prewitt View Post
If they don't do some major changes to the interior I don't want it anyway.
Isn't it about time for a body style change as well.

When will it be?
2014, I believe.

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Old 05-12-2012, 05:05 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsdiesel View Post
Very true. Make me wanna buy a few low mileage lbz's and hold onto them
Don't get me wrong, I really like my LML, but If there had been a pristine low mileage LBZ I'd have been driving that instead!
I don't want a vehicle I can't modify to be the way I want it, they can keep the new trucks.
My next purchase will probably be a 12V Cummins!
2011 6" Fabtech, Dirt Logic, Road Armor F&R, Warn fogs,Hella HID and headlights, LEDs, S&B Intake,H&S XT Pro,MBRP 4" side exit,ProComp 18" wheels,35" Toyo MT's 9K winch,synthetic rope,poly rollers,AD 165,sump,Opti-Lube,Rare parts tie rods,4.56 gears Grizzly locker,Amsoil bypass filter,Fumoto valve,GLO diff cover & U-bolt flip,survival gear,Raptor bed liner, relocated shock mounts,Cognito UCA & truss kit,Sulastic shackles,gun mount,Filter rock shields,Edge CTS,resonator block off,EGR delete,Alligator downpipe,Hypertech speedo calibrator,Kenwood GPS,Pro-Flow manis & up-pipes,deep trans pan,3" intercooler pipe,custom spare and fuel can rack, butterfly valve delete,
PCV delete
Author of: "Distant Thunder"
flyin6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.