Powerupdiesel.biz - PLUG-N-PLAY MILEAGE MODULES For LML - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 07:19 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
AWM

Powerupdiesel.biz - PLUG-N-PLAY MILEAGE MODULES For LML

I have seen many posts on how the duramilage tunes are not as effective as other available options. I have not seen any feedback on the plug-n-play for the LML. Has anyone installed this option? This product claims to be "The ONLY Warranty Friendly Option" and completely undetectable by GM. Powerupdiesel claims this module will add 3-5 mph, 70hp & 100 FT/LB torque so they have my attention.
CUSTOM TUNING BY KORY WILLIS
SYNTHETIC MOTORSPORTS
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 07:27 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

I had one from autochipsdirect on my gasser and bought one for this truck too. I know it increased my throttle response and made my mileage better. The one I had on this truck, I guess due to the mounting location, got hot and the case melted. I removed it.

To Be Installed:EGRblock,ADII 165

Thanks to: http://www.syntheticmotorsports.com/
brandon.prewitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 07:54 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
AWM

I see autochipsdirect has the same warranty claim. Did you have any GM warranty issues with this unit?
SYNTHETIC MOTORSPORTS
Old 08-09-2012, 08:07 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Husker Diesel Pimp

I highly doubt its undetectable. The ecm measures input torque to the transmission and records peak numbers. If it records a peak number that is 100ftlbs over stock, bye bye warranty. Exact same reason the banks tuners and edge juice are detectable on the newer dmaxes.

Sent from my old skool Droid

04 LB7: It's coming along, slowly
gr8shot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 10:38 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
AWM

Here is a statement from autochipsdirect -

Q. Will the Performance Module void my warranty?

A. Absolutely not! Our product will not void your vehicles warranty. In fact, you are protected by law under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act! The vehicle manufacturer cannot simply void your entire vehicles warranty due to aftermarket accessories!

Is this a fact, can these devices be used without voiding the GM warranty?
SYNTHETIC MOTORSPORTS
Old 08-09-2012, 11:09 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
812-344-4421

GM can void the warranty. Now if your power windows stop working GM will most likely not give you any trouble. However if you have any issues and they can relate it to the module you can bet your warranty will be void.

Call any reputable company and we will all tell you the same thing. Any performance module will be detecable and VOID your warranty.

Last edited by Meyerperformance; 08-09-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Meyerperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 12:08 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
I know nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM View Post
Here is a statement from autochipsdirect -

Q. Will the Performance Module void my warranty?

A. Absolutely not! Our product will not void your vehicles warranty. In fact, you are protected by law under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act! The vehicle manufacturer cannot simply void your entire vehicles warranty due to aftermarket accessories!

Is this a fact, can these devices be used without voiding the GM warranty?
Not a chance in hell. Everything is detectable on the 07.5+ trucks.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:12 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Never had either one in for service.

It connected to the MAF sensor, didn't see how it would be detectable, but not saying its not. Saying I accepted the risk.

To Be Installed:EGRblock,ADII 165

Thanks to: http://www.syntheticmotorsports.com/
brandon.prewitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 12:24 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

haha I love it when people fly the "oh well theres the magnuson-moss act! I can mod the hell out of my truck and have that to fall back on!!!".

That law is the biggest crock of shit in this day and age. It was written back in the 1970's when everything wasnt "by the book" and "technical" and "official" from GM. There were (basically, you know what I mean) no lawyers back then, no real computers, etc...

In this day and age, GM can void the warranty for whatever they want. It doesnt matter what you do, GM's lawyers are better paid and better in court than your lawyer. Fighting GM on a warranty claim because you blew up your engine or smoked your trans after you tuned it is a long expensive battle that you will never win.

Its not like GM doesnt warn you, its not like GM doesnt clearly state/spell-out "if you plug something in and it makes the engine produce 361hp instead of 360 (LMM) or 398hp instead of 397hp (LML), IT WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY! This isnt a hard concept to grasp.

I think its funny when people try to play dumb and get GM to warranty ridiculous claims that were caused 100% by what the owner did to his truck. And then they cry when "stupid worthless GM" laughs in their face and blocks their warranty.

ben

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Specializing in a wide range of custom electronics and great gadgets for your 2001+ GM full size truck/SUV

Allison torque converter lockup controllers, Allison Tap-Shift kits, digital DSP-5 switches, affordable injector harness repair kits, and much more!

Check out our online store at www.btdieselworks.com and use promo code DMAXFORUM for 5% off all orders!

307.200.9255 - btdieselworks@gmail.com - Be sure to "like" us on Facebook!
duratothemax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 02:45 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
AWM

The logic makes perfect sense. I actually read the Magnuson-Moss Act as well and if I was GM I would win a dispute every time. Holes galore.

I will sign out with the oh so common "I will just wait until my warranty is up to do any mods" and thank everyone for their time. Good news is, I am 5 months into the truck and 25% into the warranty. Thanks again guys.
SYNTHETIC MOTORSPORTS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.