Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Banks releases the AutoMind programmer for the LML

44K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  Gearhead2 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Doesn't seem to remove emissions. But good about time we have more products come out .

#4 ·
I have an email in to one of their sales guys trying to get more info on the unit.

Stay tune.

#6 ·
Do we know what the settings will amount to in HP ratings. You know plus 40, 80, 120 and the like?

#7 ·
This is hot off the presses. I just got off the phone with the Banks Rep and here are the numbers:

The Banks AutoMind Programmer for 2011-2013 LML Duramax – List price $435.00. Part#: 66105
There are going to be 4 tunes with the programmer:
Setting #1 – Economy Mode: no hp/lb-ft gains, just better MPG (2-4)
Setting #2 – W/T Work/Tow Mode: 28 HP and 46 lb-ft
Setting #3 – Sport Mode: 106 hp and 168 lb-ft
Setting #4 – Super Sport: 113 hp and 180 lb-ft

You also can set Speed limiter and change Tire Size by ¼ in increments.

Banks iQ not fully released at this time for the LML, but you can order it now and it will work with the LMLs. The current LML support is for diagnostics and information (gauges) only. The iQ’s list price is $499.00.

Banks is waiting for the Flash Model and the EGT probe to be finished. Once the Flash Model is complete you can order/install it. The flash module will allows you to program your truck from the iQ. The iQ will have the same 4 levels of performance as the above AutoMind.

So today, if you want the iQ and a performance tune by Banks; you would have to fist buy the above AutoMind for tuning your truck and then purchase the iQ 2.0 to monitor the truck. Or you can wait untill the new Flash Module comes out and you can save $85.00

The rep was not sure when the Flash Module or the new EGT Probe were going to be coming in. He said he would be giving me a call when they did.

The Flash Module will have a list price around $350.00 and the EGT Probe will be around $100.00.

I will keep you updated when I receive additional information. :gearjamin

Thank you

Attachments

#17 ·
According to the Banks sales Rep; The iQ that is supported on the 2011-2012s is part# 61156.

He also said that they have not tested any 2013 yet.

#8 ·
Alright cool. Thanks for following up man. I see it's not dpf deleted. But still good progress for us LML guys

#9 ·
So just to add; I ask the Banks Rep about Warranty on the LMLs. He said it is a "grey area". He said that every time you program your truck it leaves a Data Log entree that the ECU has been programed. He said for example, you have your truck in for service and they look at the log and see no Data Log entries for programming the ECU and they do not do any updates to the ECU than all is good. But if you put the programmer in and make changes and upload new tunes the Data Log will show how many times a new program was flashed in the Data Log. So let’s say you have to take you truck back in and you have flashed your truck back to stock. When the service guy looks at the log, he will see the number of times you flashed the truck. This is where you could void the warranty, the tech could be a fuck and say “we show no record of us (GM dealer) programing your truck”. “So that means you have been messing with it”, the dealer and GM could not honor the warranty after that.

Then I asked him about the idea some of the people on this forum have had about the ECU being able to log a hp and/or ft-lbs jump regardless if you have used a programmer or not.

Please referrer to my other thread on the Snow Performance Thread.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2...42527-snow-performance-lml-your-thoughts.html

The guy at Banks was not aware of any way the LML will record any type of hp or torq changes. He was going to look into it more. He did say it will leave a log entire if the trans slips.

I will keep you posted.

#23 ·
Well, at least your Banks rep was honest with you about the "gray area". My Banks rep (Nick D) told me it would not void the warranty when I asked him about it. When asked about programmers, the owner of the dealership where I bought my truck specifically said a programmer/tuner WILL void the warranty. The Banks rep I spoke with said that if I had to bring it in for warranty work and they denied me, to call Banks and they would set me up with someone from their side to help me fight with the dealer about the warranty issue. I just don't know if it's worth fighting over for who knows how long while my truck sits waiting to be fixed. As a matter of fact, I have to bring it in today for a P20EE code on the emissions BS. I guess if I had the Automind, they'd try to say the code was caused by the tuner and I would have to pay out of pocket. I would love to have one of these on my truck for the MPG and power, but I'll probably wait until my warranty is close to being up.

#12 ·
Any of you guys plan on buying this or hypertech? Or any programmer

#19 ·
Hi all, this discussion and product ties into a lot of my concerns and frustrations with my truck. Maybe I could get some overall guidance from those who are up to speed on how to navigate the shoals of GM and various aftermarket products. When I bought my truck, I was getting 12 Litres per 100 Km(about 18/19 Mpg) which i was happy with. Now im getting 14 MPG and im convinced it is related to the DEF system. I found a friendly dealer recently who looked at it and showed me the readout concerning DEF system. The truck goes into high idle for about 30 percent of my driving during which I assume its trying to regen. Canadian dealers are saying "performing as designed" No regens show up on little screen ever. When this friendly dealer showed my readout, the truck had just finished a regen, the soot level was at 35 grams(real high) and the truck has done 33 regens in 20,000 miles. There was the reason for my bad fuel economy. So,
I plan on waiting until warranty expires then purchasing a tuner such as the Banks one discussed here. Would I then remove all the junk related to DEF? or would I get the benefits of tuner without that? Do I need to modify exhaust? I dont really need any more power, just better fuel economy. My friend that is driving a 2004? Dmax is boasting of 24 Mpg!
In conclusion, what is the best series of step to get me to good fuel economy the quickest

Any help appreciated

Cheers

#20 ·
Since u plan on removing the emissions junk. I'm pretty sure ur only option is H&S. I don't think banks has dpf delete capabilities. And yes u would need a new exhaust probably looking at a price change of like $1,000 all together. Give or take a few dollars depending on what your choice of exhaust.

#22 ·
It's the DPF and REGEN that you are having troubles with, not the DEF (UREA) system that causes the drop in mileage. I don't mind have the UREA system on my truck, I actually think its a good thing. It actually accomplishes something. But the DPF system is a total EPA joke. Burning fuel for NOTHING.

#24 ·
Here is my somewhat dilemma. I bought my truck already lifted brand new off the lot and because it has 35's on it the speedometer is about 5mph off at highway speeds. I also know that for whatever reason the dealership cannot adjust the speedometer to correct it which I think that is insane. I can buy one of these programmers and have my speedometer fixed but then there I go I've messed with the ECM. My main question is do you think I could use the speedometer issue to my advantage to get a programmer for a truck that they sold me already lifted and the speedometer should of been correct to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#25 ·
I would talk with the service manager at the dealer and tell them what you want to do. They may make an exception in your case. I would make sure the tuner you are buying can match the tire size that is on your truck.

On my 2003, 8.1 gaser, I had the dealer reprogram my tire size and it did not effect my warranty.

#28 · (Edited)
FYI the Banks tuner goes all the way up to 38" tires so yes it would work with your 35's.

I've always wondered though...if you know how much your speedo is off why correct it if it's in the good for you? Yes it is annoying, but you are recording LESS miles on your truck...

#29 ·
Guys remember, its not the dealer that controls major parts warranty...they are just the beginning of the process. they cant approve, say, an engine without contacting the claims division and they require proof that the pcm/tcm has not been flashed with aftermarket goodies....the techs actually have to take pics of the flashings on their tech2 screen and submit them. Doesnt matter how 'nice' the dealer is unless they cover it themselves....which is rear on major repairs....as for tire size, I'm running the hypertech calibrator and it works fine...doesnt program or flash anything

#30 ·
I just spoke with a service manager at my other Chevy dealer and he confirmed that it is a "gray area". It won't necessarily void the entire truck warranty, it all depends on the dealer. He said some dealers will try to do that, but they won't here (Granger Chevrolet in Orange, TX). It just depends what the issue you bring the truck in for. If it is an engine issue and it appears to be caused by a flash (or tune), it will void it. Another thing he mentioned was when the truck is brought in for warranty work or an update by GM, if they ask for a picture of the Tech2 screen like @KensAuto mentioned, if it shows it has been "corrupted" (tuned) GM may not allow the dealer to do the update or warranty work...or something along those lines. Hopefully this makes sense, that's about the best I can explain from what I was told.

On another note, if you live in SE Texas or SW Louisiana, Granger Chevrolet in Orange is highly recommended. They are very friendly and helpful, and straight forward with you on their service. Their customer service is second to none! I bought my wife's Traverse here (for a great price!) and wish I had bought my DMax here. I am done with Billy Navarre in Lake Charles! Sorry, I just had to add that in.

#31 ·
Now listed in Summit Racing for $368.68.......very tempting, I just don't want to be the first one to try it out lol

#33 ·
If anyone decides to buy anything banks call them directly they usually are cheaper than anywhere you can get it online. When I bought my banks cold air intake the cheapest I could find it was 359.00 I called banks and they sold me one for 299.00 shipped to my door

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#34 ·
I guess I'll be sending them an email then. Thank you for the heads up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.