H&S Confusion - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 02:47 AM   eBay Motors  #31 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

It's only on the engine, transmission and driveline. HA HA.
2011 LML- H&S Motorsports CP3 over CP4 kit w/tunes from Kory Willis , 17x9 XD Misfits, 285-70-17 Cooper AT's, Spray on, tool box/50 Gallon Auxillary, tint all around, Ride Rite bags, Ride rite compressor system,H&S Mini Max, Cobalt Pyro, ready lift keys, 5" MBRP straight piped, Rare Part Tie rods, Cognito UCA's, Bilstein 5100's, Fass Titanium 150, ADP downpipe, EGR delete from ADP and Proflow up pipes and manifolds.

To be installed: Built Tranny from Calvins and custom compounds.

Gotta love being a Directional Driller.
LMLFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 06:51 AM   eBay Motors  #32 (permalink)

This seems a bit ridiculous to me. I mean, people have been using these tuners for years...never been a secret. They have always sold them as "Off Road Use only". I guess I dont understand why or how they can go after them when legally they have done absolutely nothing wrong....

Also, is this just a '11+ Thing? As in are they only going after the tuners for the vehicles with the new DEF emissions??

With that said, I guess I should pick one up asap...Was wanting to wait till spring...guess not now!
S&B Intake
Ceipherz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 07:38 AM   eBay Motors  #33 (permalink)
DLB

I'm going to buy a Mini Maxx while I still can, but I won't be able to install it for awhile. I'd like to get at least another year out of my warranty. Will I still be able to buy the unlock codes in a year or two?

2015 GMC Yukon XL SLT
Husky Liners throughout, otherwise stock...
DLB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 08:57 AM   eBay Motors  #34 (permalink)

Just ordered my H&S mini maxx and AFE turbo back exhaust... Cant wait till it gets here to install it..... Just to confirm once i remove all the stock "restrictions" and install the DP back exhaust I just tune and should be good to go? I dont have to worry about DEF, DPF, regen or any of that stuff right?

BB2500HD
BlackBeast2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 11:40 AM   eBay Motors  #35 (permalink)

Remove old exhaust and install new. After exhaust is on then you plug in programmer and save stock tune to programmer and download delete tunes to truck. Just follow prompts and you should be good to go.
Tugboat856 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 12:30 PM   eBay Motors  #36 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLB View Post
I'm going to buy a Mini Maxx while I still can, but I won't be able to install it for awhile. I'd like to get at least another year out of my warranty. Will I still be able to buy the unlock codes in a year or two?
I am wondering about this, too. I would probably order one now, but want to know I can still get the unlock codes.
Limo Tint All Around w/ Limo Brow
EDGE CTS Insight, Rancho Steering Stabilizer, Backup Camera
3/4" Lift via Torsion Bars (it was all I could get with stock keys), 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers
GoLight Stryker HID
XRT Pro on Tow with 4" Flo Pro Exhaust
Chevytuff19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 01:16 PM   eBay Motors  #37 (permalink)

Yes you can. H&S has stated they will honor any warranty and supply unlock codes for tuners already purchased before they stopped shipping.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:22 PM   eBay Motors  #38 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMLFanatic View Post
It's only on the engine, transmission and driveline. HA HA.
Yeah all the $$$ stuff...
Sandman_73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 02:50 PM   eBay Motors  #39 (permalink)

Think H&S will ever start shipping units again? or is this the end of tuners?

Traded in:09 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT(it was fun but now enjoying my diesel)
M8chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 03:01 PM   eBay Motors  #40 (permalink)

don't be suprised if H&S took a step back by not selling any deletes to have their lawyers rewrite some legal crap to put on these products to satisfy the EPA. if you read everything H&S have wrote, they never say they will NEVER sell these delete kits again. or.........this a hell of a way to make everyone nervous and move some products. lol
sold: 01 lb7 drw cclb 1 ton 4x4 federal truck. straight pipe with two 5" tips and banks exhaust brake. EFI live with cts monitor by ATP, CAT fuel filter adapter, Air Dog 165, AEM Intake, 6" lift with 285-70-16E Nitto MT tires. Sulastics shackles, AMP steps, HID head lights,Recon clear cab lights and led tail lights. 110 gal aux. tank "for those long trips to dumont dunes." everything that's not chrome color matched. stereo with 3 dvd screens for the wife and kids.`:shots
GM DRW club member #95

15' srw ccsb 3500 Denali debadged, 35% tint on the front half glass and 5% over stock tint on the back half glass, line-x bed, leveled with stock keys, 20x12 fuel throttle wheels, 285/55/20 Mickey Thompson atz p3 tires
YAMAHA1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.