I've gone and done it.. Blew up my LML - Page 13 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 06:32 PM   eBay Motors  #121 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

A bad turbo seal wouldn't explain the misfire code
BD R850
80 over nozzles
duel fueler
stage 5 suncoast
Thanks to Kirk for intercooler piping and Motorhead Garage for all the work!
farmtrucklb7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 07:02 PM   eBay Motors  #122 (permalink)
AKA 01 D_Max

There is a ton of BS in this thread, and it started with the OP's opinion that GM needs to follow their warranty procedure, when He knowingly voided the warranty contract by modifying His tuning and deleting emmisions equiptment. This warranty no longer applies to your truck. It was your choice. They owe you nothing!

And as far as GM/Isuzu engines go, it doesnt matter who owns it (GM), Isuzu built/designed it, and Bosch made many of the hard-parts.

Or call us... 920-765-1615

SOLD
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD, CC,SB
EFI Live V2 w/dsp5 MAX EFFORT by Idaho Rob,
EGT's Never higher than 1150*
Cognito Braces, and ATP Sleeves, BD Manifold, ARP H.Studs, M.P. mod, MA Aluminum Bleeder, PPE Boost Valve, Banks Ram Air- Intercooler, FASS 150, LBZ FPR, Shimmed FPRV, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust w/6"tip, Corsa Muffler
@180,000-New injectors from Lincoln Diesel, CAT Adapter/filter/spacer

Air Lift, Bilstein Shocks, Leveling Kit, Recon LED tail lights & over cab lights, 20" Forged Aluminum WELD Racing Rims, 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Aaron@LDS is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 07:37 PM   eBay Motors  #123 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Could not agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiggids View Post
You mean isuzu and bosch?drink
"industry to back up the motor and trucks."

Did not say they built it, support it brother.
texastrendz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 AM   eBay Motors  #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax2006Hd View Post

A guy can't state what he would do if it was his own situation to deal with???
A guy sure can state whatever he wants and I can laugh at the statements. If a guy doesn't want to be laughed at or commented on then I might think that posting on a public forum may not be for them.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:33 PM   eBay Motors  #125 (permalink)

Thank you for your highly educated opinion, Biggie. I believe I stated from the start that I'm fine with "pay to play." That's part of life. You might want to read what I posted and what I was looking for from GM. As far as the previous problems, they were resolved and after I drove it for a while, I decided that any after effects had occurred and I should be good to go. I may have been wrong on that one.

I will state the issue once more for the slow people. By the wording of the warranty and the Magnuson-Moss act, the warranty is not automatically void. GM is breaking the law by voiding the warranty with no diagnosis of the problem. Simple, straight forward, black and white. No gray area there. They are banking on their customers not having enough money to take them to court and prove the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiggids View Post
Youre an idiot. If it had problems before why did you delete the dpf and tune it?

Bottom line...YOU knew what you did voided the warranty, so why are you crying about it? GM has the right to blow you off...you voided your warranty, period. That makes everything void they arent responsible for anything. No one to blame other than yourself...you pay to play.
Land Rover Defender 110 CSW 300Tdi
1969 Olds Vista Cruiser 455 Project
jputnins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 01:44 PM   eBay Motors  #126 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaxChevyTruck View Post
The problems were due to the driveshaft. What does that have to do with deleting the DPF and tuning it?

By the way, it's "You're".

The 6.6's are GM motors. Older diesel "GM" engines were designed by Isuzu, then it was Isuzu and GM together, then GM took over the joint venture (more than 10 years ago). They are GM engines now.
Because if you knew the truck had issues, why would you knowingly void the warranty? Thats my point.

If they are GMs motors how come Isuzu is stamped on the valve covers?

Thanks for correcting me...but if I was writing a paper you corrected me wrong. Would be "you are"

Big Thanks To Adrenaline Truck Performance, Alligator Diesel PerformanceSocal Diesel and Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Thebiggids is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 01:54 PM   eBay Motors  #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jputnins View Post
Thank you for your highly educated opinion, Biggie. I believe I stated from the start that I'm fine with "pay to play." That's part of life. You might want to read what I posted and what I was looking for from GM. As far as the previous problems, they were resolved and after I drove it for a while, I decided that any after effects had occurred and I should be good to go. I may have been wrong on that one.

I will state the issue once more for the slow people. By the wording of the warranty and the Magnuson-Moss act, the warranty is not automatically void. GM is breaking the law by voiding the warranty with no diagnosis of the problem. Simple, straight forward, black and white. No gray area there. They are banking on their customers not having enough money to take them to court and prove the point.
If it's so black and white and no grey areas involved then you should have no problem with your endeavor to get GM to investigate why your modified engine blew up. I'm sure that your proclamation about how deep your pockets are will surely scare them into submitting to your wishes if your legal prowess somehow fails. I'm also sure that if you are successful in this you will be more than willing to reimburse them for their costs when they determine it was your mods that caused the failure. Good luck! Sincerely, The Slow People

Last edited by qtrracer; 11-27-2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason: added sucessful
qtrracer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 02:05 PM   eBay Motors  #128 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jputnins View Post

I find it realllyyy not believable that GM wouldnt put in the warranty that if you delete emissions or alter the trucks performance your warranty isnt voided(I think this is a standard for ALL car makers)...they have tons of $ and lawyers. They aint that stupid...otherwise a ton of people would be sueing saying they didnt sign anything saying if I altered the truck performance wise it would void the warranty...GM aint going to miss something that big.

Big Thanks To Adrenaline Truck Performance, Alligator Diesel PerformanceSocal Diesel and Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Thebiggids is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 03:14 PM   eBay Motors  #129 (permalink)

a quick google of the M-M act and I do see where you have the idea the GM needs to diagnose. I still dont think you are going to get far with it, but here is some info that may help you.

"Overall, the laws governing warranties are very clear. The only time a new vehicle warranty can be voided is if an aftermarket part has been installed and it can be proven that it is responsible for an emission warranty claim. However, a vehicle manufacturer or dealership cannot void a warranty simply because an an aftermarket equipment has been installed on a vehicle.

If a dealership denies a warranty claim and you think the claim falls under the rules explained above concerning the clean air act (such as an emission part failure), obtain a written explanation of the dealers refusal. Then follow the steps outlined in the owners manual. However, if this fails, then phone your complaint in to the EPA at (202) 233-9040 or (202) 326-9100.

If a dealer denies a warranty claim involving an implied or expressed new car warranty and you would like help, you can contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop and avoid them. To file a complaint, you can call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357), or use the online complaint form. The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies worldwide. "

So, looks like your next stap is to call the EPA
bb_max is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 03:21 PM   eBay Motors  #130 (permalink)

DMAX Ltd. is a joint venture between GM and Isuzu. They produce the Duramax engine for GM. I have heard that it started as GM 40%, Isuzu 60%, but now it's the other way around. I have also heard the GM owns all of it now. Who knows.

And no, they missed nothing with the warranty. According to the law in the United States, they are not allowed to exclude aftermarket modifications without showing that the modification caused the failure. Most manufacturers expect that they can scare the little guy away. They just expect that nobody is going to spend the $ to push it. And no, I don't have the money to waste. Which is why I'm going to tear down the engine myself and document it. If I find an obvious manufacturer's defect instead of a failure caused by me tuning the engine, I will take them to court over it.
Land Rover Defender 110 CSW 300Tdi
1969 Olds Vista Cruiser 455 Project
jputnins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.