Kleinn Train Horns Install HELP!!! - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 07 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 02:56 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kst8er View Post
@Tow Master, how do you drain water out of tank with your setup?
Good catch - needs something!!

I have drain and i had put on a coalescent filter for about 6 months as well (a long with tank drain valve) ...... i would never get anything in the filter ......so that came off and i am sticking with simple drain valve..

Cant forget a tank drain valve......

Train Horn drive by
Also at forums dogandtrailer & Moomba
clarkely is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 08:40 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven55 View Post
so your saying hooking up another air hose for air tools is hard? also i like your set up how does it sound under the truck? i am gonna see if i have the room in the spots u mounted them.
No I ment trying to find a place to hide everything is the hard part... It sounds pretty good.. I wish I was able to mount it with the horns facing forward though

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkely View Post

Thats bad ass!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kst8er View Post
@Tow Master, how do you drain water out of tank with your setup?
I never had a problem with water in the tank.. But its only 2 bolts.. Unbolt and flip it to drain
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 04:55 AM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

I got everything up there. spent all Saturday trying to find a spot for everything. got everything mounted and wired on Sunday. when i turned the truck on, the compressor never turned on. so i have to check tonight to make sure all my wiring is dont correctly, and is properly connected. im bummed i spent my weekend installing these and got nothing in the end...
sven55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 08:35 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

Well post up the pics!!!!!
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 08:29 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

Name:  photo-6.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  49.7 KB
this is the compressor right in front of the spare tire.

Name:  photo-4.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  62.1 KB
here is the tank which is right next to the fuel tank. NOTE: i did not drill into the bed of the truck when i mounted the tank and compressor. there was a piece of metal, a heat shield i think, that was on the underside of the truck that i mounted everything to.
this picture also shows the smallest of the horns.

Name:  photo-2.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  35.2 KB
this is driver side. the tire shown is the rear tire. the horn is facing forward.

Name:  photo-5.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  49.6 KB
this is the biggest horn. passenger side. the hose runs from the tank, to this horn then to the other horns, but since the horns are spaced out, i do not think the other horns are getting enough air to fully go off. i will try to get a better picture of the hose running from the tank to the horn to show this. also, when i blow the horns, you can tell the only horn going off is the largest one.

you guys got questions ask. any solutions to my problem let me know.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:01 AM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

How are u regulating the air to the horns? Larger horn takes more air.....are lines stepped down or multiple regulators? ......not familiar with yours, but my horn has a manifold that distributes the air correctly.....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide App

Train Horn drive by
Old 12-09-2012, 11:55 AM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)

I have quarter inch NPT compression fitting which a small plastic hose attached. idk how big the hose is but its small. and there is only one hose. the hose comes off of the tank to the biggest horn, then to the smallest (which is in the middle next to the tank) then goes to the medium sized horn (which is on the drivers side). Maybe i could get another quarter inch NPT compression fitting and hook it up to the medium sized horn, that way i have two hoses, and the biggest one and medium sized one will defiantly go off.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:28 AM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

was asked a couple questions ... so i figured i would post some more photo's...

GW valve under dash under steering wheel

Bulk Head fitting is a 90' below floor ....straight up behind the plastic at the front door pillar.....

Pictures of the Horns tucked up in front of the rear wheel well .....angled down and back to the rear tires.

truck mod photo's 2011 Silverado Photos by clarkely | Photobucket

Train Horn drive by
Old 12-10-2012, 10:35 PM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)

Nathan Airchime K3LA, under my sled deck. I ran two #4AWG welding cables back into the box (so i can boost truck of generator under deck aswell (3000W Yami). 40A 12VDC Breaker.

2012 Chevy 3500HD LTZ, Crew Long, Z71, H&S Minimaxx, DE downpipe, 5" Flo~Pro DP back exhaust, 275/70/18 Mickey Thompson ATZ on Fuel Krank Blacks, White Line-x rocker panels, white line-x Bushwacker pocket flares, DDM Tuning HIDs 4500k, 35W/35W/55W, Custom JetCraft sled deck, Nathan K3LA, Onboard air, Viair 400c/444c compressors.
N49ATV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.