Kleinn Train Horns Install HELP!!! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 04:42 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Kleinn Train Horns Install HELP!!!

Hey guys just got my kleiin train horns, HK7 kit. just wondering who has installed train horns on their trucks cause i dont know where i should put my compressor, my tank, and the horns??? any ideas? i have seen people put the compressor and tank under the bed somewhere mounted on the frame. was wondering if someone had some detailed pictures of this so i have some references. where did you mount the actual horns? also, is it hard to do the wiring to the switch in the cab?

also, the HK7 kit comes with a 3 gallon take. i got the big tank so i could hook up another air hose that i could use for some air tools. has anyone else done this with their set ups???

Thanks.
sven55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

Man thats the hardest part!! Seriously.. I put my tank and compressor on the passenger side rocker panel. As for the Horns mine fit under the driver seat next to the drove shaft. I was looking at putting my tank in the bed. I do know alot of people mount there horns where the rear tire is.

Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 05:21 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tow Master View Post
Man thats the hardest part!! Seriously.. I put my tank and compressor on the passenger side rocker panel. As for the Horns mine fit under the driver seat next to the drove shaft. I was looking at putting my tank in the bed. I do know alot of people mount there horns where the rear tire is.

so your saying hooking up another air hose for air tools is hard? also i like your set up how does it sound under the truck? i am gonna see if i have the room in the spots u mounted them.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:57 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

I'll try to find pics later but I mounted my horns in the front grille. Two directly to the radiator support bracket and two to a flat aluminum bar which I attached to the same bracket. I mounted the compressor to the frame rail and attached a piece of diamond plate of aluminum underneath the driver's side rear passenger seat. I bolted the tank to the plate. The compressor and tank should be mounted near each other if possible. If you don't have a spare tire underneath, some people will mount the horns in that cavity. Wiring the switches and valve is the hardest part of the job. The horns can be mounted facing in any direction but I would personally advise you to mount them facing down or to the rear. Facing down makes them very loud because you get a shockwave off the pavement. It also keeps water from getting into the horns. Any way you mount them will be loud though.
07.5 GMC LMM SLE2, Z71 ECSB, ReadyLift 2" Kit, EFI Live-Autocal DSP5 by Idaho Rob, Magnaflow 4" downpipe back stainless exhaust w/DPF delete, Banks Ram Air Intake w/Super Scoop, Airlift 5000 Airbags w/In-cabin controllers, Retrax Tonneau Cover, Shocker Train Horns with 5 gallon on-board air and Viar Compressor, Bilstein 5100's, Line-X Bedliner, Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's 285/70/17, Pulling Cedar Creek 36RE Touring Edition 5th Wheel, B&W Turnover Ball w/Companion Hitch
signal13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 05:59 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Setting up a connection for air tools is easy. Just screw in a female air hose connector to one of the tank's ports.
07.5 GMC LMM SLE2, Z71 ECSB, ReadyLift 2" Kit, EFI Live-Autocal DSP5 by Idaho Rob, Magnaflow 4" downpipe back stainless exhaust w/DPF delete, Banks Ram Air Intake w/Super Scoop, Airlift 5000 Airbags w/In-cabin controllers, Retrax Tonneau Cover, Shocker Train Horns with 5 gallon on-board air and Viar Compressor, Bilstein 5100's, Line-X Bedliner, Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's 285/70/17, Pulling Cedar Creek 36RE Touring Edition 5th Wheel, B&W Turnover Ball w/Companion Hitch
signal13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 06:45 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal13 View Post
I'll try to find pics later but I mounted my horns in the front grille. Two directly to the radiator support bracket and two to a flat aluminum bar which I attached to the same bracket. I mounted the compressor to the frame rail and attached a piece of diamond plate of aluminum underneath the driver's side rear passenger seat. I bolted the tank to the plate. The compressor and tank should be mounted near each other if possible. If you don't have a spare tire underneath, some people will mount the horns in that cavity. Wiring the switches and valve is the hardest part of the job. The horns can be mounted facing in any direction but I would personally advise you to mount them facing down or to the rear. Facing down makes them very loud because you get a shockwave off the pavement. It also keeps water from getting into the horns. Any way you mount them will be loud though.
Some pics of your set up would be great. or at least where u mounted the tank and compressor
Old 11-27-2012, 02:22 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

i put my 8.5 gallon tank in front of rear wheel well on passenger side

leslie rs3k on the same spot on driver side

dual air compressors at the head of my bed in front of my tool box aux tank combo

ran air up the side bulk head fitting through the floor in behind door jamb plastic .....under dash to graham train horn valve and back down the other side and back to the horn....

also ran a line to back for on board air....... air bags are on their own compressor

Train Horn drive by
Also at forums dogandtrailer & Moomba
clarkely is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 03:55 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkely View Post
i put my 8.5 gallon tank in front of rear wheel well on passenger side

leslie rs3k on the same spot on driver side

dual air compressors at the head of my bed in front of my tool box aux tank combo

ran air up the side bulk head fitting through the floor in behind door jamb plastic .....under dash to graham train horn valve and back down the other side and back to the horn....

also ran a line to back for on board air....... air bags are on their own compressor

thanks for the input. Just looked at the mods you have done to your truck. very nice.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:48 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks Man!! Appreciate it hope i helped give you some ideas.

Train Horn drive by
Also at forums dogandtrailer & Moomba
clarkely is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 02:53 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

@Tow Master, how do you drain water out of tank with your setup?

2006 Chevy 4x4, CCSB, LLY, 225s on forged alum 19.5 Ricksons, MIA muffler

Husker Diesel | 402-502-6961
Kst8er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.