banks or quadzilla - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 11:00 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

banks or quadzilla

i'm new to the idea of tuners and deletes so any advise from you guys would be very helpful. i have a 2011 lml and am very ready to increase my mpg and horsepower. i had originally planned to have a h and s tune on my truck but with the uncertain future of h and s it has me concerned that there may not be updates and or tech support in the future. i am curious about the quadzilla stealth 2, it is my understanding that it will delete as well, however is don't see alot of people running them why is this is ther a problem with them, i also see the banks auto mind is out as well. i know it does not delete and that is ok with me. i am really just looking for 60 -80 hp and better mpg with a safe tune for my engine, a beefy tone of a straight exhaust would be nice but not needed. this being said please any input would be greatly appreciated thank u. ps i want more power because the truck is lifted with skyjacker 7 inch kit with 37 inch nitto grapplers, if this makes a diff
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 11:25 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Last time I checked neither of those makes tuner for lmls. But someone may correct me

2011 Sierra 2500HD CCSB LML (Buisness vehicle) - 4" Fabtec w/ DirtLogics, 35" micky Thompsons, 20" fuel boost rims - color matched cut out style
DieselLuver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 11:27 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Never mind I'm wrong haha they don't remove emission stuff so it's a waste of time IMO

2011 Sierra 2500HD CCSB LML (Buisness vehicle) - 4" Fabtec w/ DirtLogics, 35" micky Thompsons, 20" fuel boost rims - color matched cut out style
DieselLuver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 11:34 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLuver View Post
Last time I checked neither of those makes tuner for lmls. But someone may correct me
Banks does make a Programmer for the LML and in my past experiences with Banks products they are on the conservative side. If I was in the market for a programmer and Banks wasn't such a GIANT pain in the butt to deal with due to their super high pressure sales tactics, I would buy a Banks. I don't know when Banks will make the LML Automind available to their dealers but I will never buy from them direct, ever again!!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:45 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

I agree with u about banks customer service very pushy. Is there any thing wrong with the quadzilla . They have a update that will delete
Old 11-27-2012, 11:47 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

I'm running the Quadzilla and yes it will do a full delete. The stock tune worked well prior to the delete, but I only ran for a few days like that. The Offroad tune has some problems. The 60HP tune won't load and the speed limiter removal isn't working. So, you only have the choice of stock power or 80HP. At least the tire size calibration works. I only gained about 1.3 MPG running the 80HP tune and a 4" downpipe back exhaust.

I also ran the Hypertech tuner for a while and was very disappointed as the fuel economy actually went down and the truck would regen every 120 miles. I think this will be the case with any tuner adding power with the DPF still in place.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:53 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
812-344-4421

I would go with H&S, they will be around for a long time I believe. We will most likely just see a change in their tuning offerings.
Meyerperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 12:52 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Was thinking h and s xrt and edge insight. Just worried about updates and customer service in future. Anyone know where to buy a xrt.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:58 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
812-344-4421

We have plenty or XRT Pro's in stock. H&S will stand behind all current products in the future.

http://meyerperformance.com/pd-hs-pe...67-cummins.cfm

Last edited by Meyerperformance; 11-27-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Meyerperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 01:23 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

does this come with the dpf delete code or "hot unlock" or is that something i get from h and s, and are they still releasing those
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.