Lml throttle body porting? Banks intake manifold? - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 05:48 AM   eBay Motors  #21 (permalink)

I will tackle this tomorrow most probably. At the min ill remove the throttle blade. I will prob wait to port it till I so the manifolds, ups, down, full egr delete ect.
2012 Denali HD:5"mbrp downpipe/exhaust w/6" tip, banks intake,hid's,limo tint,kW tunning,cts insight,rhino liner,intercooler pipes, cognito uca's,leds, antenna delete,Clifford alarm,dynomated,driver door handle keyless, dual stabilizer, cognito pitman kit,wc intake bridge&intercooler piping,ad2,pcv rerout,cold air piping, fab fours bumper,turbo ported w/bullseye batmo wheel. Ext diff drop,Fabtech spindles, fox 2.0 adj resivours,2"blocks,trans press mod,37" M/T. Sponsors: Air Dog, pro fab,wehrli customs,turbo pros. Coming-Mods in the process Shortly: system, gm lockpic, air horn,cp3 stroker pump , trac bars, steel braided lines
Camaroz2866 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 06:01 AM   eBay Motors  #22 (permalink)
Taking the Long Way Home
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMLFanatic View Post
I do believe that Don and Rick have/had discussed some of the intake plumbing. Perhaps we will see something from Rick in the near future.
The Last time I talked to Rick he was looking at it, I believe not only the Y Bridge but the Intakes themselves as well. As far as the Passenger side IC pipe, You can fab it up to the Butterfly and boot it on. The CAI probe has to be bunged in there as well. I may just get a LMM Y bridge from him and pull mine and see what is what.
FC5452 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 AM   eBay Motors  #23 (permalink)
I know nothing
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroz2866 View Post
So this would be called? Throttle opening?
A giant piece of garbage.

It cant be called anything throttle because diesels are throttled by fuel, not air. Its for emissions and the EGR system.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:14 AM   eBay Motors  #24 (permalink)
Taking the Long Way Home
Supporting Member

^^^
FC5452 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 07:53 AM   eBay Motors  #25 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAXchris View Post
A giant piece of garbage.

It cant be called anything throttle because diesels are throttled by fuel, not air. Its for emissions and the EGR system.
It's official name is 'intake air valve' altho I would call it a t-body or TAC because of the physical similarities, and it's used to maintain exhaust temps during regens by restricting airflow. The only physical difference between an IAC and a TAC is the plate is open at rest instead of closed. I haven't found any info related to it being part of egr operation
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 08:37 AM   eBay Motors  #26 (permalink)

Ok but back to my point. I wan to know if porting the tb/ intake opening would be beneficial or just removing the blade would be all that's needed
2012 Denali HD:5"mbrp downpipe/exhaust w/6" tip, banks intake,hid's,limo tint,kW tunning,cts insight,rhino liner,intercooler pipes, cognito uca's,leds, antenna delete,Clifford alarm,dynomated,driver door handle keyless, dual stabilizer, cognito pitman kit,wc intake bridge&intercooler piping,ad2,pcv rerout,cold air piping, fab fours bumper,turbo ported w/bullseye batmo wheel. Ext diff drop,Fabtech spindles, fox 2.0 adj resivours,2"blocks,trans press mod,37" M/T. Sponsors: Air Dog, pro fab,wehrli customs,turbo pros. Coming-Mods in the process Shortly: system, gm lockpic, air horn,cp3 stroker pump , trac bars, steel braided lines
Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 AM   eBay Motors  #27 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade

I don't think anyones tried it and i haven't taken measurements to see if there's enough restriction.By looking at pics, the y-bridge and the pipe that hooks to it have huge restrictions and angles. my only problem with modifying the exhaust/intake system on an LML is, the H&S guys built their tunes around a truck with all of the factory stuff in place....on the other hand FC5452 and Flyin6 noticed improvements w/some extra exhaust mods....Just try the plate if you want to do something, doubt porting it with 500 max hp will make any noticeable diff.
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 12:01 PM   eBay Motors  #28 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

subd for info
cleandirtymax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 08:36 PM   eBay Motors  #29 (permalink)

i took my intake off today the throttle body or whatever u want to call it is not near as restrictive as the intake heater that is directly behind it i took it out!!! Guys looking for sum whistle thats where its at if you take it out you can for sure hear hear it
Burt 2011 Lml is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 08:39 PM   eBay Motors  #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt 2011 Lml View Post
i took my intake off today the throttle body or whatever u want to call it is not near as restrictive as the intake heater that is directly behind it i took it out!!! Guys looking for sum whistle thats where its at if you take it out you can for sure hear hear it

Please elaborate or even post pics please as I'm doing the throttle blade removal tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.