Had a round with the dealer this morning. - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 11:30 AM   eBay Motors  #31 (permalink)

Well I talked to hypertech this morning they are going to let me exchange this one for the inline unit. Haven't talked to the dealership yet work has been keeping me pretty busy. I'm probably just gonna put the inline unit on myself and not say anything else about it to the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 11:47 AM   eBay Motors  #32 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZ92 View Post
Well I talked to hypertech this morning they are going to let me exchange this one for the inline unit. Haven't talked to the dealership yet work has been keeping me pretty busy. I'm probably just gonna put the inline unit on myself and not say anything else about it to the dealer.

That sounds like the best plan !! The less the dealer knows the better !!
4'' lift
GEAR Double Pump wheels
Nitto Terra Grapplers
WHEN GUNS ARE OUTLAWED I'LL BE THE OUTLAW !!
DIRTEEMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 12:23 PM   eBay Motors  #33 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

WOW!

IMO i think that the admin folks on here should BAN HAMMER this GM rep and get another one! she is nothing but a bunch of ! real nice of her to open her mouth and offer her help, but yet she cant post her resopnse for the public to see! WHAT THE F*&^ EVER!

i have the same problem with my 06 regency edition, but then again that is probably why regency is no longer in business, just to name a problem or 2? if you bought that vehicle new from that stealership, they have to honor the warranty! i say that because all of these truck with pretty useless packages on them are paid for by the stealerships. they get the trucks new and then they send them off to get bling bling'd, and then they sell them!

i feel your pain bro, and the only way left is to flip shit out on the owner of the stealership and just by pass all of the mouthbreathers, oxygen thieves, pole smokers, or whatever you want to call them!

i would keep working with hypertech as well considering that they seem to be the only ones besides ALC that are willing to help

06 LBZ, CC SB
52 gal titan
edge juice w/ attitude

nmeyer414 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 01:35 PM   eBay Motors  #34 (permalink)

So here is the latest on this situation thought I would update everyone. So I got the calibrator from ALC mailed to the house. I then called Hypertech they provided excellent customer service I told them the situation they said no problem and they would switch out with me for the inline calibrator. I mailed the other one back to them and they sent me the inline model. I haven't got a chance to put it in yet but I'm going to when I get a day off. Yesterday I came home and had a message on my machine from the dealership calling to tell me that the hypertech calibrator had came in and that I could call to set up an appointment to get it installed. Let me remind you I haven't talked to the dealership since they told me if I got it and had it installed they would void my warranty and GM told me the sane thing. So now I'm pissed I've pretty much taken care of the issue myself now all of a sudden they got the calibrator for me and I can come down and install it for me. I gotta take it down there anyhow pretty soon I'm gonna give then a piece of my mind when I go down and let them know I took care of it myself. I'm gonna try and get some free oil changes out of them at least for this big stupid mess they have cost. The calibrator is about 200 bucks so I figure at least 4 free oil changes would be nice.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:15 PM   eBay Motors  #35 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

wow

2011 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LML
BDS/BMF/Toyo/Pioneer/Alpine/Edge and some more
My Build Thread
2011 Chevy Tahoe
WildChevys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 05:04 PM   eBay Motors  #36 (permalink)
backwoods legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZ92 View Post
So here is the latest on this situation thought I would update everyone. So I got the calibrator from ALC mailed to the house. I then called Hypertech they provided excellent customer service I told them the situation they said no problem and they would switch out with me for the inline calibrator. I mailed the other one back to them and they sent me the inline model. I haven't got a chance to put it in yet but I'm going to when I get a day off. Yesterday I came home and had a message on my machine from the dealership calling to tell me that the hypertech calibrator had came in and that I could call to set up an appointment to get it installed. Let me remind you I haven't talked to the dealership since they told me if I got it and had it installed they would void my warranty and GM told me the sane thing. So now I'm pissed I've pretty much taken care of the issue myself now all of a sudden they got the calibrator for me and I can come down and install it for me. I gotta take it down there anyhow pretty soon I'm gonna give then a piece of my mind when I go down and let them know I took care of it myself. I'm gonna try and get some free oil changes out of them at least for this big stupid mess they have cost. The calibrator is about 200 bucks so I figure at least 4 free oil changes would be nice.

that, my friend, is what you call a clusterfuck
Old 01-17-2013, 05:40 PM   eBay Motors  #37 (permalink)

Dam right it is and all I wanted was my speedometer corrected.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:07 PM   eBay Motors  #38 (permalink)

Well...amidst all of the troubles, remember, you have a bad@$$ looking rig.
MBRP 4 Inch Turbo Back w/ 7 Inch Tip
Autometer Factory Match Gauges
Airaid MXP CAI
Look Good:
Ready Lift Leveling Kit
20" XD Spy's w/ Nitto Terra Grapllers
Fender Flares
Blacked out Symbols & Tails
MDDuramaxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 06:08 PM   eBay Motors  #39 (permalink)

Thanks man only problem I have is keeping it clean. It's pretty much impossible.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:13 PM   eBay Motors  #40 (permalink)
backwoods legit

clean is overrated
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.