Question about dpf delete - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 05:24 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Question about dpf delete

Guys, getting ready to purchase an exhaust for my lml. Looking at the afe Mach force 49-44025. My question is, xdp's site says that it is a dpf delete system but doesn't say if its turbo back. On afe site it states "cat back" but a dpf delete. Kind of new to the diesel world, before I order this, does the lml have a cat and dpf, or is the "cat" that are referring to the dpf? Basically, does this system get rid of the dpf but still leave the cat, or does it get rid of everything? Thanks for any help!

Anthony
Dakmak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 05:40 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure the lml has a cat on it. The lmm and lbz came with cats and I don't see the lml being different and the cat is in addition to the dpf on the lmm and lml.
MHDMAX66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 08:25 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Retired DF contributer
Lifetime Supporting Member

From the drawing on the aFe website it looks like THIS kit is, as one would imagine, from the catalytic converter - back. That 4 bolt flange at the end will bolt up to the CAT.

Might help...

If I'm wrong, someone will step in shortly...I hope.

Are you aware of the tuning requirements to run this style exhaust? (Not being a dick, just making sure you are informed.)

Last edited by JOKER; 01-01-2013 at 08:28 PM.
JOKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 08:32 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the help so far guys. It looks like it has both. I guess if I'm going to pull the dpf off might as well do away with the cat too!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:39 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Retired DF contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakmak View Post
Thanks for the help so far guys. It looks like it has both. I guess if I'm going to pull the dpf off might as well do away with the cat too!
You are very welcome.

You are a quick learner and/or a good reader.

Any questions, feel free to ask, AFTER searching. Odds are, someone here has already asked the question you have on your mind.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:54 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Well, I am used to using standalone efi systems on my street/strip car. I have an h&s tuner on it now, but it regens a lot. After searching about it it looks as though you can't have your cake and eat it too, so looks like the stock exhaust has to go. Also looking at the cognito 4" lift also. I really like this truck, just needs a little aftermarket help.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Retired DF contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakmak View Post
Well, I am used to using standalone efi systems on my street/strip car. I have an h&s tuner on it now, but it regens a lot. After searching about it it looks as though you can't have your cake and eat it too, so looks like the stock exhaust has to go. Also looking at the cognito 4" lift also. I really like this truck, just needs a little aftermarket help.
Right on. You are on the right track. As for the lift, search if you haven't already. Nor Cal Truck deals with a lot of Cognito junk. They also have a couple account here on the forum. Ask them all the questions you want. They are very knowledgeable on the subject.

If you have questions about the exhaust/urea delete and tuning, feel free to PM me.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:21 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER View Post
Right on. You are on the right track. As for the lift, search if you haven't already. Nor Cal Truck deals with a lot of Cognito junk. They also have a couple account here on the forum. Ask them all the questions you want. They are very knowledgeable on the subject.

If you have questions about the exhaust/urea delete and tuning, feel free to PM me.
ouch...was joker joking? haha
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
Retired DF contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensAuto View Post
ouch...was joker joking? haha
I was waiting for someone to catch that. Figured it would be an upstanding member like yourself as well.

To be clear, Cognito Motorsports provides the aftermarket with top quality components and would be my first choice for a lift. From what I have heard/read, Nor Cal Truck does a great job of carrying, distributing and backing quality components.

Joker
Old 01-02-2013, 10:40 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade

Now that's more like it! I can personally attest to the higher quality of their lift/parts and also the higher premium for those parts
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.