Re-Gear 2011LML 4:63 Rear / 4:56 Front - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 12:28 AM   eBay Motors  #21 (permalink)

Yea don't get a full locker in the rear it's no good for a DD makes turning rough and jerks you all over the road when you get into it I speak from experience drove a truck for a while with a Detroit ... Not fun

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
White,06,LBZ,GMC,CC,SB,SLT,82,***miles,17"XD Misfits,305/70-17 Terra Grapps,Leveled Cognito Balljoint UCA's,Alpine deck,Kicker ZX500.1,2-10" Kicker ,PCV reroute,Res. plugged,5"MBRP straight,S&B intake,pipe,6"MBRPTip,Gutted magnaflow cat,AFE MP,EGR blocker, slipyolk,Edge CTS, TransGo Jr,Pro Fab Performance downpipe,AFE IC pipe,Nicktane/donaldson ,FPR plug,Mhale LB7 pistons, LMM rods, clevet bearings and ARP head studs,DS max flow exhaust manifold,new#6 injector,Drilled FRF, Pump rub fix, new trans cooler lines,PPE deep tranny pan,new#6 injector,the motor getting installed By Adams HRC Thanks to him Hes the best in town has saved me lots of $$
http://adamshighrollincustoms.com/[/SIZE]
STEENOS428 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 10:20 AM   eBay Motors  #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEENOS428 View Post
Yea don't get a full locker in the rear it's no good for a DD makes turning rough and jerks you all over the road when you get into it I speak from experience drove a truck for a while with a Detroit ... Not fun

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
I have Detroit Lockers (front/rear) in my Jeep 1 ton CJ7. After driving the Jeep up in the mountains last weekend, and paying real close attention to how it handles, I will NOT go with a Detroit Locker in the 2011 DMAX. The rear end shifts and jerks and can be a hand-full on the road.

Now it's between: 1) ARB Front and Rear or....2) ARB Front and True-Trac rear. I want something that is not going to wear out.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?
2011 Dmax, CC 4WD SB. 6" ICON Lift & Shocks. BMF 20X9 Novakane 8 Stealth wheels. Nitto Trail Grappler 37" Tires.4:56 G2 Gears, ARB Air-Locker (rear), AMP Research Steps. Custom Firestone AirBags with Warn Compressor. RetroSolutions Hi-Beams and Fogs. Trailworthy Fab 42" LED Light Bar. AirDogII. 400W/120VAC PureSine Inverter.
BeechAV8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 AM   eBay Motors  #23 (permalink)
most known unknown
Lifetime Supporting Member

ha, yall thought i had some real input by posting?! no, no memes yet..

so.

SUBD! since i drive an LML N shit, but not really IN shit, but N Shit.....make sense?!

Currently Lower Than Stock Height On 35s and 22s...
jwcgmc1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 12:51 PM   eBay Motors  #24 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

i would NEVER run different ratios

2011 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LML
BDS/BMF/Toyo/Pioneer/Alpine/Edge and some more
My Build Thread
2011 Chevy Tahoe
WildChevys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 01:04 PM   eBay Motors  #25 (permalink)
Received a Hummer

I did a lot of research on lockers, and besides the guys who truly do nothing but use their trucks for towing extremely heavy loads in gravel, etc.. I haven't found one person who said they liked having a locker, or didn't remove it and sell it. Not saying those people don't exist, but everyone talked me out of one pretty quick.. and a couple guys selling them almost couldn't give them away.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:07 PM   eBay Motors  #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
I did a lot of research on lockers, and besides the guys who truly do nothing but use their trucks for towing extremely heavy loads in gravel, etc.. I haven't found one person who said they liked having a locker, or didn't remove it and sell it. Not saying those people don't exist, but everyone talked me out of one pretty quick.. and a couple guys selling them almost couldn't give them away.
Are running any aftermarket rear locker/limited slip or stock/G80?
2011 Dmax, CC 4WD SB. 6" ICON Lift & Shocks. BMF 20X9 Novakane 8 Stealth wheels. Nitto Trail Grappler 37" Tires.4:56 G2 Gears, ARB Air-Locker (rear), AMP Research Steps. Custom Firestone AirBags with Warn Compressor. RetroSolutions Hi-Beams and Fogs. Trailworthy Fab 42" LED Light Bar. AirDogII. 400W/120VAC PureSine Inverter.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:16 PM   eBay Motors  #27 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeechAV8R View Post
With a lift and 37" tall tires, it's time to re-gear. My gear guru recommends running OEM gears on trucks with single aluminum drive shafts because they are quieter than aftermarket gears such as Motive/G2.

Here's the catch: OEM only makes 4:63 rear and 4:56 front. He says that the slight difference won't hurt a thing and not to be concerned with the 1.5% gear ratio difference front to rear.

What do you all think?? What would you guys do? I appreciate any input from the board brotherhood.
How are you going to get your ABS not to go apeshit and leave your truck unable to move once you do this change in gear ratio?

And go same size Front/Rear on a DD.
Streamer handle mod
Saving for front basket
MudDoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 03:52 PM   eBay Motors  #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDoc View Post
How are you going to get your ABS not to go apeshit and leave your truck unable to move once you do this change in gear ratio?

And go same size Front/Rear on a DD.
I will blame it all on you MudDoc for not posting sooner because I just gave the Mobile Gear guy my deposit for the 4:56 & ARB Front / 4:56 True-Trac Rear.

Actually I don't anticipate any issues with ABS. I had no problems with ABS after installing 37" tires, my gear guru isn't concerned with it and I haven't read of any board members that have re-geared and had ABS issues.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:31 PM   eBay Motors  #29 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Just saying, I may be wrong but I believe since you can't mess with the tune with EFI Live (since there is no support) you can't correct the revs/mile to correct the speedo, the ABS also uses this revs/mile figure to see of you are losing trac and will go haywire... it may be only an issue on DRW LML's but idk... I know of a certain person who had to get special tuning for this type of situation.
Streamer handle mod
Saving for front basket
MudDoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 05:22 PM   eBay Motors  #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDoc View Post
Just saying, I may be wrong but I believe since you can't mess with the tune with EFI Live (since there is no support) you can't correct the revs/mile to correct the speedo, the ABS also uses this revs/mile figure to see of you are losing trac and will go haywire... it may be only an issue on DRW LML's but idk... I know of a certain person who had to get special tuning for this type of situation.
Check out the Flyin6 build thread. He re-geared to 4:56's and no mention of ABS issues. Just saying..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.