Wanna increase fuel range... - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 12:06 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Wanna increase fuel range...

Ok so I was wanting to increase fuel range in my truck for when we get our fifth wheel after this tour is done. I've done a lot of research and it looks like I plan to go with the Titan 57 gallon fuel tank, but I also want to add the transfer flow Tool Box and Fuel tank combo in the bed (50 Gallon) to increase fuel availability to 107 gallons. Here are my concerns. I plan on getting the zone 4" lift after this current set of tires are worn out, will the Titan cause any issues with the install of the Zone 4"? Also will the transfer tank in the back cause any issues with the compatibility of the 5th wheel? I assume it's going to be tight, will I even be able to have the 5th wheel with a transfer tank? I would like this combo to work out as I get roughly 20 MPG not pulling anything, giving me a 2000 mile range. Not sure what it will be with the camper, but I definitely won't have to fill up as much.

Thanks!
Charlie
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 03:35 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Something else you might want to think about is your GVWR. Your truck will have to carry 4 times the fuel, the weight of the tanks as well as the pin weight of your 5th wheel. Diesel weighs about 7.5 lbs/gal so in fuel alone you will be carrying 600lbs more than stock set up.

K&N CAI, Edelbrock Headers, 2.5" x-pipe, flowmaster super 44s, Diablo inTune (canned tune shame on me!)

Leveling kit, 20" black wheels, 33" AT's, LED tails, Halo/projection heads, black painted grill and bumpers

Future truck 2500 LMM
ApacheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 04:15 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

You want to pull a fifth wheel trailer with a 4" lift on the truck? That's not practricle.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:19 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Ya I don't suggest getting a lift if you want to pull a fifth wheel.
chippymiller49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 09:07 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade
Lifetime Supporting Member

no, the titan won't affect the lift.
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 11:58 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Oh crap you'r right about the lift. I didn't even think about the height and compatibility. I'm so used to the ball/hitch method. You may have just save me some coin there. From the sounds of it the Titan and 5th wheel without the transfer tank may be the best way to go.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.