LML Fuel System Upgrade? - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 12:26 PM   eBay Motors  #21 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Just stick a cat a filter on there. 2 micron absolute.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AutoGuide.Com Free App
EFI live by Kory Willis, Suspension Maxx 2.5" Leveling Kit, 2" Readylift Rear blocks, 35x12.5r20 Dick Cepek FC-II's, Eagle Alloys 20x9, Cognito UCAs, Cognito PISK, Kryptonite tie rod sleeves, H&S mini maxx, FASS titanium 150, 5" Flo Pro straight exhaust, Diamond Eye downpipe, XDP EGR delete, MA PCV reroute, AFE Stage 2 CAI, Autometer Cobalt pyro and boost gauges.
crossfire879 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 02:24 PM   eBay Motors  #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensAuto View Post
I chose the Fass because at the time, it was supposed to be more LML friendly. I also chose the dual filter setup because it has a water seperator and a 2 micron filter....5 times finer than the stock one.
Did you install it yourself? Im looking into getting one, wondering how difficult the install would be..
H&S Performance XRT Pro, Flo Pro 5" straight pipe exhaust- dpf/def/cat/muffler delete, AFE cold air intake with scoop, RBP black exhaust tip, N-Fab black cab steps, Nitto Terra Grappler 305/55/20s, BMF 20X9 REPRs in DMB, Cognito/CST 4" lift, Cognito upper control arms, Cognito steering braces, ReadyLift keys, Bilstein 5100 shocks, steering stabilizer, onboard air compressor and tank for bags, Smoked 55w HID headlights, Rigid Duallys in place of factory fog lights, full Kicker stereo all new speakers, subs, amps, Pioneer deck etc.. Auto Meter cobalt boost and pyro gauges on pillar, Recon LED smoked tail lights, window tint, RBP fuel door, painted bowties, moldings and badges removed. Probably more...
JsLMLdmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 03:21 PM   eBay Motors  #23 (permalink)

Im thinking of going with the Airdog because of where it mounts.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:54 PM   eBay Motors  #24 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

This is also gonna be my next mod leaning towards the Air dog II. How do you delete the stock fuel filter? where do you get the kit to do so?
H&S BLack Max
Turbo back exhaust
Recon Cab, HEad, and Tail Lights
mack42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 04:31 PM   eBay Motors  #25 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Hit up Tyler at MeyerPerformance. He is a vendor and can supply you with the FASS delete cup.
DE Downpipe|S&B Intake|AirDog II|FASS FF Delete|Amp Research Steps|Line-X|Bakflip G2
nfamus10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 05:39 PM   eBay Motors  #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duratys View Post
Im not sure the micron rating of the filters FASS or AirDog uses. If they're higher micron rated than the factory youd be fine changing it when the pumps filters were ready to be changed Im sure. I prefer to run a quieter lift pump and a Nicktane setup. The FASS and AirDog are annoying as hell as far as noise goes.
how loud are we talking here?
2012 GMC 2500HD Cognito leveling kit, 275/65 20 Toyo MT on 20x9 chrome Fuel Octane wheels, trex billet grills, 5" flow pro Custom Dual exhaust with down pipe, mini maxx, fass titanium 150, egr gone bye bye
Dmax Payne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 05:46 PM   eBay Motors  #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmax Payne View Post
how loud are we talking here?

Ive rode in 3 trucks that have had them and all 3 you could hear the pump running driving on the hwy.

I had a few different lift pump setups on my 04 and my favourite was the BD Flowmax. Ran about 10psi while the truck was idling and couldnt get it to drop below 3psi WOT on a tune that made over 500rwhp. I had a Nictane 2mic fitter and ran the factory filter as well. Fuel pressure was picked up off the factory filter head where the bleeder screw used to be. Highly recommended and very quiet.

EDIT: I had the 13# spring in the BD to get those pressure readings
Old 01-16-2013, 05:56 PM   eBay Motors  #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duratys View Post
Ive rode in 3 trucks that have had them and all 3 you could hear the pump running driving on the hwy.

I had a few different lift pump setups on my 04 and my favourite was the BD Flowmax. Ran about 10psi while the truck was idling and couldnt get it to drop below 3psi WOT on a tune that made over 500rwhp. I had a Nictane 2mic fitter and ran the factory filter as well. Fuel pressure was picked up off the factory filter head where the bleeder screw used to be. Highly recommended and very quiet.

EDIT: I had the 13# spring in the BD to get those pressure readings
i will check them out, a loud pump running is the last thing i want to listen to. do you got any pic of your setup you are running?
2012 GMC 2500HD Cognito leveling kit, 275/65 20 Toyo MT on 20x9 chrome Fuel Octane wheels, trex billet grills, 5" flow pro Custom Dual exhaust with down pipe, mini maxx, fass titanium 150, egr gone bye bye
Dmax Payne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 06:00 PM   eBay Motors  #29 (permalink)

The 11 is still stock. The BD i had was on my 04. I had it mounted in front of the fuel cooler that was on the previous model trucks. It could be mounted on the bracket that the cooler used to hang from on the NNBS trucks very easily.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 PM   eBay Motors  #30 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsLMLdmax View Post
Did you install it yourself? Im looking into getting one, wondering how difficult the install would be..
It took about 2 1/2 hours, wasn't bad at all.
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.