Installed mini max and 5" dp back today - Page 7 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 01:47 PM   eBay Motors  #61 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade
Lifetime Supporting Member

You're supposed to do it on hot right from the getgo, show the trans the highest amount of power it will ever see, and it adjusts the settings accordingly....then you can 'detune' to whatever you want and never look back. i personally did not do a relearn....i did'nt approve of the process on a new truck/trans. It has learned on it's own but only time will tell if I should have listened to the boys that designed the software.......but so far so good, trans has been flawless.
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 01:53 PM   eBay Motors  #62 (permalink)

if you don't reset the taps it will flare on the shifts pretty bad (if running on hot) lower settings wont be as bad. it will still learn the added power but not as fast.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM   eBay Motors  #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensAuto View Post
You're supposed to do it on hot right from the getgo, show the trans the highest amount of power it will ever see, and it adjusts the settings accordingly....then you can 'detune' to whatever you want and never look back. i personally did not do a relearn....i did'nt approve of the process on a new truck/trans. It has learned on it's own but only time will tell if I should have listened to the boys that designed the software.......but so far so good, trans has been flawless.
Yah but no way I'm throwing it on HOT and going WOT to 80 and draining the fuel rail/filter and having that issue without a lift pump.. I'm with you and so far so good with the shifts in wild and letting it relearn, but its only been a day or so. I'll see how it adapts over the enxt few days as well. Hell, I don't eve have anywhere around me I can do those runs in S. Florida near the ocean! I'd have to go out west somewhere!

Ken (or anyone), whats your take on this. Have you noticed (when stock) that when you put the truck in drive the transmission revs really high for a while and then drops down after you've accerlated for a while. Is that just an Allison thing? And with this DPF delete and tune, does that go away or is it still there? I havent been able to tell yet but I've been wondering what thats all about.Almost like an overdrive...
H&S XRT Pro w/ Edge Insight CTS and EGT | 4" MBRP T409 Stainless Downpipe Back | Diamond Eye Downpipe | DRP Intercooler Pipe | aFe Stage 2 CAI- dry | Duramax Billet Resonator Delete | Roll-n-Lock | Debadged

Last edited by PaperChaser; 01-23-2013 at 02:07 PM.
PaperChaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 02:06 PM   eBay Motors  #64 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade

Mine never raises rpm in drive. Haven't heard of that before.
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

Member #19
Old 01-23-2013, 02:09 PM   eBay Motors  #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Mine never raises rpm in drive. Haven't heard of that before.
Just when you go from park to drive for a little bit. It rev's really high and then you feel it settle in. Never noticed that? Anyone?
H&S XRT Pro w/ Edge Insight CTS and EGT | 4" MBRP T409 Stainless Downpipe Back | Diamond Eye Downpipe | DRP Intercooler Pipe | aFe Stage 2 CAI- dry | Duramax Billet Resonator Delete | Roll-n-Lock | Debadged
PaperChaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 02:27 PM   eBay Motors  #66 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

I have been deleted for 5 days and am already used to the added power I have 4 questions for guys running the delete.
1.)How much boost is your H&S moniter showing at wot on performance aka HOT?
2.)Have you tried the 0-60 or 1/4 mile test available on the black maxx and mini maxx? If so what are your times?
3.)Has anybody done full throttle acceleration from 0 with the TC off? Does your truck limp trying to shift from 2nd-3rd or 3rd-4th to where you have to let off and get back on it to get it to go?
4.) This is my first tuned duramax, always been a gas guy before this. How are these LML's with an h&s on hot compared to lmm,lbz,lly,lb7 also tuned with stock turbo with ppe or efi live? I already know stock the lml's have more power.
daniel12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 02:56 PM   eBay Motors  #67 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel12 View Post
I have been deleted for 5 days and am already used to the added power I have 4 questions for guys running the delete.
1.)How much boost is your H&S moniter showing at wot on performance aka HOT?
2.)Have you tried the 0-60 or 1/4 mile test available on the black maxx and mini maxx? If so what are your times?
3.)Has anybody done full throttle acceleration from 0 with the TC off? Does your truck limp trying to shift from 2nd-3rd or 3rd-4th to where you have to let off and get back on it to get it to go?
4.) This is my first tuned duramax, always been a gas guy before this. How are these LML's with an h&s on hot compared to lmm,lbz,lly,lb7 also tuned with stock turbo with ppe or efi live? I already know stock the lml's have more power.
#1- I can see 30-32, but it's hard to get there.
#2- Haven't tried that.
#3- Truck only 'limped' before adding a lift pump.
#4- Only diesel I've had, but i have driven a tuned LBZ and it felt different because it weighed about a 1000 lbs less....it felt more nimble and quicker.

Member #19
Old 01-23-2013, 03:22 PM   eBay Motors  #68 (permalink)
most known unknown

Think ill opt out on the procedure by h&s too

It's recommended but not required and ya I don't want to limp or drain fuel rails soooo ill continue to drive normal and let it take its time. I don't have any hard up/down shifting when I get on the pedal a little bit

As far as I'm concerned unless someone can prove our ideals of tranny learning are crap!!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:56 PM   eBay Motors  #69 (permalink)

Does H&S state that the tranny needs to be relearned? I didn't see it, or did I just miss it in the mini maxx manual?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Leveled on 33x12.50 Toyo MT on factory 20's, Mini Maxx Tuner, 5 inch Flo-Pro exhaust with muffler, FASS 150, FabTech steering stabilizer, Cognito Pitman Idler Arm kit, Tie Rod Sleeves, FabFours Front and rear premium bumpers, Fumoto Drain Valve, Nicktane adapter

2009 LTZ CCLB LMM DRW 4 wheel drive
Leveled on 255/75/17 Hankook MT on 17'' Ultra wheels, Retrax Bed Cover, Gooseneck, LML front end Conversion, Nicktane adapter
amrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 04:04 PM   eBay Motors  #70 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
#1- I can see 30-32, but it's hard to get there.
#2- Haven't tried that.
#3- Truck only 'limped' before adding a lift pump.
#4- Only diesel I've had, but i have driven a tuned LBZ and it felt different because it weighed about a 1000 lbs less....it felt more nimble and quicker.
When your truck 'limped' before you added the pump did your truck show any codes for fuel rail pressure or anything like that?
daniel12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.