|2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|01-31-2013, 12:04 AM||eBay Motors #1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2012
HELP dtc p11cb???
I read another thread on here but the guy got banned before anyone could answer. He said he had just installed a aFe CAI and now he is getting a p11cb DTC. I didnt think about the two being connected but i put on a aFe stage 2 pro dry about 1000 miles ago, we went on a 400 mile run today and we dropped to 8 mpg's loaded and 16 mpg's empty when we usually get 12 and 20, on the way home tonight the trucks CEL came on and my insight is saying the code is p11cb, i hit the onstar button and they say it has something to do with the nox sensor and gave a mile long technical description. Anyone know whats going on???
|01-31-2013, 01:14 AM||eBay Motors #2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zanesville, Ohio
Couldn't find it on the Edge list of DTC or the PPE list... Just clear it and wait for it to pop back? Even searched the web, found a couple sites where it was asked, but it was never answered. Sorry for the non help.
Edit: On a side note, for BMW it stands for Barometric Pressure Too High
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD WT, Victory Red, 4x4, ECLB, Duramax(LML)/Allison, Heavy Duty Towing Package
Insalled: Amp Research, Amsoil, ATS, Autometer, B&W, Back Rack, Bushwacker, Code Alarm, Cognito, DRP, FASS, Goodyear, H&S, Hypertech, Mayhem, MBRP, Plasti Dip, Precision, Ranch Hand, Rearview Saftey, Rhino Linings, Rigid Industries, Rough Country, S&B, Snow Performance, Titan, Warn, Weather Guard
Need the Guts to Install: Frost Fighter.
Last edited by FireRescue; 01-31-2013 at 01:16 AM.
|01-31-2013, 03:41 AM||eBay Motors #3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern VA
This is from AllData
Conditions for Running the DTCs
P11CB or P11CC
* DTCs P0101, P0234, P0299, P0401, P0402, P140B, P140C, P2228, or P2229 are not set.
* The DPF Regeneration is not active.
* The BARO is between 75-106 kPa (11-15 psi).
* The ambient air temperature is between -7 to +38°C (19-100°F).
* The engine run time is greater than 30 s.
* The engine coolant temperature is between -7 to +123°C (19-253°F).
* The engine speed is greater than 600 RPM.
* The battery voltage is greater than 11 V.
* The NOx sensor is at operating temperature.
* The DTCs run once per drive cycle when the above conditions are met.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
P11CB or P11CC
The ECM receives a serial data message from the NOx Sensor Module that the NOx concentration disagrees with the calculated NOx concentration for greater than 5 s.
1. Ignition ON, observe the DTC information with a scan tool. DTC UXXXX should not be set.
◊If a DTC is set
Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle See: A L L Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC ) > Diagnostic Trouble Code Descriptions > Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle for further diagnosis.
◊If no DTC is set
2. Verify the following conditions do not exist with the exhaust system:
* Leaks - Refer to Exhaust Leakage See: Exhaust System > Symptom Related Diagnostic Procedures > Exhaust Leakage
* Physical damage
* Soot plugged B195 NOx sensor
* Loose or missing hardware
* Loose B195 NOx sensors or B131 exhaust temperature sensors
◊If a condition is found
Repair the exhaust system.
◊If no condition is found
3. Verify NOx 1 NOx Concentration and NOx 2 NOx Concentration are greater than 0 ppm.
4. Accelerate vehicle to 80 km/h (50 mph) then decel 48 km/h (30 mph).
5. Perform a hard accel to 80 km/h (50 mph.) Continue accel and decel procedure until the DTC passes or fails on this key cycle.
◊If the DTC fails
Replace the B195 NOx sensor - position 2.
◊If the DTC passes
6. All OK.
2003 2500HD LT CCLB, EFILive by Idaho Rob, 4" MBRP, Diamond Eye Down Pipe, Ported Intake Horn, S&B Intake, PPE Boost Valve, ADII, Nicktane CAT Adapter, CTS Insight, Cognito UCA, Rare Parts Tie Rods, Cognito Brace kit, Bilsteins, Gear Alloy wheels, Hankook RF10 285's, All on Mod, DDM 5k Low's & 4300 Fogs, air horn, on board air, limo tint, blue led interior
|01-31-2013, 03:43 AM||eBay Motors #4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Benton Louisiana
Bad NOX sensor, had one replaced 2 months ago with the same code. Mechanic said he had changed around 10 in the last 2 months, he was blaming it on winter blend fuel. GM is replacing them with the same part, not an updated or better sensor so....... I am getting the same code again along with the transmission getting stuck in gear.
2015 Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab SLE, Standard Box 4x4; LML 6.6L Bone Stock for now!
|01-31-2013, 10:44 AM||eBay Motors #7 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South FLA
I think its one of the reasons the banks intake moves the Mass air flow meter location.
|01-31-2013, 10:48 AM||eBay Motors #8 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2012
|01-31-2013, 12:09 PM||eBay Motors #9 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Casa Grande, Az
might have to put your oem intake back in if the dealer's picky, since that affects the emissions sometimes.
2012 GMC 2500 SLT 4x4
Kory's Tunes in route....finally
Mini Maxx race version will be for sale shortly
---Arizona Diesel Club---
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
|01-31-2013, 02:39 PM||eBay Motors #10 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2012