HELP dtc p11cb??? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011+ LML Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '11 and up LML Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 01:04 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Exclamation HELP dtc p11cb???

I read another thread on here but the guy got banned before anyone could answer. He said he had just installed a aFe CAI and now he is getting a p11cb DTC. I didnt think about the two being connected but i put on a aFe stage 2 pro dry about 1000 miles ago, we went on a 400 mile run today and we dropped to 8 mpg's loaded and 16 mpg's empty when we usually get 12 and 20, on the way home tonight the trucks CEL came on and my insight is saying the code is p11cb, i hit the onstar button and they say it has something to do with the nox sensor and gave a mile long technical description. Anyone know whats going on???
Cayenne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 02:14 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Couldn't find it on the Edge list of DTC or the PPE list... Just clear it and wait for it to pop back? Even searched the web, found a couple sites where it was asked, but it was never answered. Sorry for the non help.

Edit: On a side note, for BMW it stands for Barometric Pressure Too High
Insalled: Amp Research, Amsoil, ATS, Autometer, B&W, Back Rack, Bushwacker, Code Alarm, Cognito, DRP, FASS, Goodyear, H&S, Hypertech, Mayhem, MBRP, Plasti Dip, Precision, Ranch Hand, Rearview Saftey, Rhino Linings, Rigid Industries, Rough Country, S&B, Snow Performance, Titan, Warn, Weather Guard

Need the Guts to Install: Frost Fighter.

Last edited by FireRescue; 01-31-2013 at 02:16 AM.
FireRescue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 04:41 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

This is from AllData

Conditions for Running the DTCs

P11CB or P11CC
* DTCs P0101, P0234, P0299, P0401, P0402, P140B, P140C, P2228, or P2229 are not set.
* The DPF Regeneration is not active.
* The BARO is between 75-106 kPa (11-15 psi).
* The ambient air temperature is between -7 to +38C (19-100F).
* The engine run time is greater than 30 s.
* The engine coolant temperature is between -7 to +123C (19-253F).
* The engine speed is greater than 600 RPM.
* The battery voltage is greater than 11 V.
* The NOx sensor is at operating temperature.
* The DTCs run once per drive cycle when the above conditions are met.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

P11CB or P11CC

The ECM receives a serial data message from the NOx Sensor Module that the NOx concentration disagrees with the calculated NOx concentration for greater than 5 s.

Circuit/System Verification

1. Ignition ON, observe the DTC information with a scan tool. DTC UXXXX should not be set.

◊If a DTC is set
Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle See: A L L Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC ) > Diagnostic Trouble Code Descriptions > Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle for further diagnosis.

◊If no DTC is set

2. Verify the following conditions do not exist with the exhaust system:

* Leaks - Refer to Exhaust Leakage See: Exhaust System > Symptom Related Diagnostic Procedures > Exhaust Leakage
* Physical damage
* Soot plugged B195 NOx sensor
* Loose or missing hardware
* Loose B195 NOx sensors or B131 exhaust temperature sensors

◊If a condition is found
Repair the exhaust system.

◊If no condition is found

3. Verify NOx 1 NOx Concentration and NOx 2 NOx Concentration are greater than 0 ppm.
4. Accelerate vehicle to 80 km/h (50 mph) then decel 48 km/h (30 mph).
5. Perform a hard accel to 80 km/h (50 mph.) Continue accel and decel procedure until the DTC passes or fails on this key cycle.

◊If the DTC fails
Replace the B195 NOx sensor - position 2.

◊If the DTC passes

6. All OK.
2003 2500HD LT CCLB, EFILive by Idaho Rob, 4" MBRP, Diamond Eye Down Pipe, Ported Intake Horn, S&B Intake, PPE Boost Valve, ADII, Nicktane CAT Adapter, CTS Insight, Cognito UCA, Rare Parts Tie Rods, Cognito Brace kit, Bilsteins, Gear Alloy wheels, Hankook RF10 285's, All on Mod, DDM 5k Low's & 4300 Fogs, air horn, on board air, limo tint, blue led interior
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 04:43 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Bad NOX sensor, had one replaced 2 months ago with the same code. Mechanic said he had changed around 10 in the last 2 months, he was blaming it on winter blend fuel. GM is replacing them with the same part, not an updated or better sensor so....... I am getting the same code again along with the transmission getting stuck in gear.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

thanks guys, i guess its off to the dealership AGAIN. ill report back
Old 01-31-2013, 09:18 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Dealership cant look at it til monday, is it safe to take off on a long haul with it?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayenne View Post
most people i have talked to have had good luck with aFe on the lml, it helped us for a few hundred miles then this crap, before the CEL came i knew something was wrong because yesterday my mpg's dropped to 8 loaded 16 empty
Did you remove the reducer that comes with the AFe kit by any chance? The reason I ask is because we took the reducer out on a friends truck and the cel light would come on I don't remember which code it was.

I think its one of the reasons the banks intake moves the Mass air flow meter location.
rflow306 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 11:48 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflow306 View Post
Did you remove the reducer that comes with the AFe kit by any chance? The reason I ask is because we took the reducer out on a friends truck and the cel light would come on I don't remember which code it was.

I think its one of the reasons the banks intake moves the Mass air flow meter location.
No its all there.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:09 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade
Lifetime Supporting Member

might have to put your oem intake back in if the dealer's picky, since that affects the emissions sometimes.
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 03:39 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensAuto View Post
might have to put your oem intake back in if the dealer's picky, since that affects the emissions sometimes.
I was afraid of that. Dealers around here are picky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.