Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

smoking on hot tune

4K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  jwcgmc1985 
#1 ·
anyone elses truck smoke quite a bit when "goosing" it, not really hard either, at high speeds (55-75)? I notice mine will roll it out if im not careful, and my bumper is changing from chrome to black lol. just wondering if i'm the only one, or if its because of the lift pump and tune.

#4 ·
Gotcha! Just did in hot and not any other tune makes since though.

#6 ·
My truck smokes a bit in the 100 and 125 tunes. But it's more of a puff puff pass then a fuck you I'm a diesel. I got robs tunes.
I didn't notice this was lml

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#9 ·
Gotcha! thanks! i feel stupid for asking now lol

#11 ·
mine will do that ^^

i just need to start washing it weekly, looks better anyway. I dont mind mud being on it but i hate the way it looks from the "dirt" running down a wet highway. call me OCD :rof

#13 ·
Man you have no idea

Ya my truck is lifted and blah blah blah but there was some road construction out by my house and I was with the wife and I took the right side of the truck off the road and into the "paved muddy dirt" and I remember getting home and the tires were just brown and I had some mud down the truck

Needless to say I went straight to the car wash and sprayed everything down and even laid down before doing the exterior to make sure I cleaned underneath pretty good

Pavement princess for sure! I'm OCD as well, its a curse

#16 ·
my truck rarely smokes... like at all haha. hot tune gives me a tiny puff if i rev it in park lol

#24 ·
:rofl

mine is blackish blue. my old truck did it too.

#29 ·
What are considering "quite a bit" of smoke. that means different things to different people. To me quite a bit means blacking out the cars behind you so they turn their windsheild wipers on hoping it helps them. while others could consider just a small haze a lot of smoke. But like Mike Diesel said. More then likely you just have a load on the engine and its smoking till it can boost out of it. My truck hazes on the street, but when loaded hard on the dyno it puts out a good amount of smoke.

#30 ·
Mine used to smoke a lot more with my old version on my mini maxx. I believe it was version 25 or 26. With the new update, the smoke is toned right down. When the converter is locked, it billows out until it downshifts and the boost climbs. Also gives a good little blast if you punch it from a dead stop. I also experience the blueish haze on a cold start. That's just cold fuel and residual oil that is hanging out in the intake.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#31 ·
If my trucks puffs at startup, I'm 99% sure its just leftover soot from the last time I drove the truck. It's like dust sitting in the exhaust and then it puffs out when its disturbed by the sudden rush of exhaust gas

The right corner of my rear bumper is black and there's no going back.... lol :rolleyes:

#32 ·
My truck gives a little puff on my 110hp tune if im on the freeway with the TC locked and goose it. It will give a decent little puff on the 150hp if i jump on it from a dead stop...but i stay away from the 150..i like my stock tranny!! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.