Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

SC LML Build

192K views 1K replies 78 participants last post by  lutzjk913 
#1 · (Edited)
Sold my LB7 and figured I'd go ahead and start a build thread for my new truck to keep everything together instead of posting multiple threads on installs.

Bought this 2012 LML LTZ back in April 2014.

So far everything listed below is installed...

EXTERIOR
- Color matched front bumper, grille, and rear bumper caps
- Side moldings removed
- Tailgate de badged
- 5% tint over factory
- 35% tint on windshield with 5% strip
- PPE brushed rear differential cover filled with 5qts of Mobil 1 synthetic 75w-90
- Line-X bed liner: platinum with UV top coat
- Cam-Locker tool box: black powder coat
- Fumoto N series oil drain valve
- 2015 tow mirrors vinyl wrapped and smoked lens
- Stabilus EZ Down tailgate control device

WHEELS &TIRES
-American Force Independence 22x14 polished
-Toyo open country mud terrains 37x13.50R22
-Large fender mod

SUSPENSION/STEERING
- Cognito Motorsports 7-9
- Kryptonite control arms
- Aftermarket keys
- Cognito front shock extenders
- Fox 2.0 Reservoir front shocks
- Bilstein 5100 rear shocks
- Rancho RS5000 steering stabilizer

INTERIOR
- Edge insight CTS2
- Bully dog single pillar pod
- Edge EGT probe
- Weather Tech Digital fit floor liners (tan, front and rear)

LIGHTING
- DDM tuning 35 watt HIDs (4500k lows, 5k fogs)
- DDM tuning bed flood lights (3rd brake light)
- Sylvania (6k) led license plate bulbs
- AaronLED Q5 cree led reverse/backup bulbs (white)
- "Bully" super bright (white) led interior dome light bulbs
- Totron 20" led lightbar spot/flood: mounted in bumper (homemade braket)
- Rough Country LED rock lights (6)

PERFORMANCE
- PPEI tunes (Kory Willis)
- Fass 150 Titanium with Russell pressure gauge (9 psi)
- XDP fuel filter adapter with CAT filter
- S&B cold air intake (dry filter)
- 5" AFE Atlas exhaust
- 6" mbrp black tip
- MBRP 3" down pipe
- SDP EGR delete (modified up pipe)
- ARP up pipe bolts
- SDP PCV re route
- SDP resonator block
- SDP Hot/Cold side inter cooler pipes
- PTP oil cap

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Guess I'll go ahead and post some now!

Here she is with the front end and rear bumper done. I paid $500 to get the front end done and bought the rear bumper caps already painted off eBay for $100 shipped.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

#5 ·
yea it came out really good. Especially for what I paid. and it has a lifetime warranty on it. He said if it ever starts to peel or chip up bad he'll re do it for free. I looked into vinyl wrapping it but I knew it wouldn't come out as good as paint.

#12 · (Edited)
Also got the windows tinted with LLUMAR tint and added a cam locker tool box.
All windows are 4% over factory tint. I had a crack in my windshield so I went ahead and got that replaced but had them drop it off at the tint shop beforehand and had then tint it 35% with a 4% strip on top.

Attachments

#16 ·
I might have missed something. Did you paint the chrome on the front or buy new bumpers? If you bought them where from and what was the price? What did you do with the factory chrome setup?

#17 ·
I had the front chrome painted. And I bought the rear bumper caps already painted and sold the factory chrome. I priced buying all new WT front end parts since they already come paintable and it would've cost me $980 for parts and $500 for the paint job.

#18 ·
Any details on the paint? I'm sure you asked the painter. Did he scuff, what kind of primer? Just curious cause I can't find anyone to paint my chrome pieces. I think the bumper is metal and plastic chrome. Does the piece of the grill on the hood just pull off? Sorry for all the questions, just gonna paint mine myself and looking for as much info as possible.

#19 · (Edited)
It took me awhile to find a shop that would do it too. I must've went to 10 different paint shops in my city and no one would touch it. You're going to have to find someone who does custom paint and not just collision repair. I honestly think they just didn't want to mess with it. I finally found a guy who specialized in candy paint and he said he paints chrome all the time. I asked what the process is and he said he scuffs the chrome up really good, then he sprays this epoxy on it that sticks to it really good. Then primes, base coats and clears it twice..all ppg products. came out perfect and its holding up great. I dont have one chip on it yet.

Are you talking about the hood trim??

#23 ·
Maybe I read it wrong. It has compression clips but you can't squeeze them from the back. So you just pull out and hope for the best. Story of my life lol

Reactions: T8Rchip
#24 ·
Pretty much! There's a screw on each side. Take those out first. And what I did was start on one side and gently pulled til each clip popped out. It's not bad, just be gentle and try not to bend the plastic much...a soft plastic pry/wedge would help. You can pick one up where paint and body supplies are sold

#25 · (Edited)
Well I installed some DDM 55 watt 6K HIDs in my lows and fogs and they started to melt my housings! If you look closely at my headlight housing you'll see a discolored rainbow looking ring in the housing. That was not there before I installed them. My girlfriends 08 Tahoe with 35 watt ddm's did not have this problem either. And as you can see they also started to melt my fog light housings..took them out immediately and have some 35 watt 4500ks on the way! So beware of 55 watts!! I couldn't believe how hot my housings were getting. I could barely keep my hands on them. So when you hear people say stock bulbs burn at the same temperature, that is not true!

Attachments

#35 ·
Ordered my PPEI autocal today. Went with the hiss tunes. But will probably switch to rumble later down the road. (Just to try it out). I also ordered Screamin Diesel Performance Hot and Cold side intercooler pipes. I wanted to be different and go with an unusual color. I had originally wanted all white but thought it would be boring. So I got the pipes powder coated "tropical breeze" with clear vision top coat. You would have to live on the southern east coast near water to understand why I chose this color.:cool:

Still haven't decided on an intake though! Maybe keep it stock?!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.