Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Zone lift VS. Rough country lift

38K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  Sierraluva 
#1 ·
Wanting to know what your opinion is on both.
The cost of each one is about the same
Some like the NTD and some like the TD.

I guess it's just preference.

Thanks

#6 ·
I personally like the look of the NTBD setup

Hanging bars with a dropped torsion bar is just asking for trouble Downerrr

There's nothing wrong with the 7.5 inch kit, where people dog on it is its way of reaching the full height, and compare it to the BDS 6.5

Yes, they are pretty much the same but the RCX comes in with a taller front end

Like comparing apples to apples....in this case your just comparing different types of apples

But as for the zone vs rcx....now your talking apples to oranges

All NTBD kits within a given lift range amongst different brands all do the same thing

So one "might" be a 1/16" thicker than another, doesn't it make it bad? Another thing people forget is shocks, if you have a certain brand of lift pushing a certain brand of upgraded shocks you MUST automatically think the lift is better right?

:thinkk

Only advantage I see with the zone, and I say ONLY *(since the bars hang down), is that the bars to the LCA's is the same basically making sure whatever GM paired up is the same, unlike a NTBD lift that offers a fancy bracket that ALSO acts as the jounce platform and shock mount. And that same bracket is what the bar slides into, and iirc I don't think I've ever heard of a bar rolling inside of a stock or aftermarket torsion bar socket whether it be a bracket or oem LCA

For the RCX, entertain the thought of the 5", less harsher angles, smaller block, same drop brackets for the diff and LCA's

Just my .02

I'm able to cut through the BS within the industry of choosing a lift, I heart suspension :grinn

Especially air ride :stir

Besides, not like any of these lifted trucks run like a truck with long travel suspension anyways :rolleyes:

#7 ·
I have a Zone that replaced my FTS 12 inch with. other things to conder are whether you have to cut ears on the diff and how much the track width increases in the front. I dont have a problem with the TBD. JW crawls over really high curbs at the mall and the TBD might catch some mulch....

Reactions: jwcgmc1985
#9 ·
yeah my Zone rolls pretty solid on 5 - 5 1/2. Can't remember if my LB7 build thread is here or RMTW

Attachments

#10 ·
angles

Attachments

#33 ·
Revival!

Man those angles are much better looking than my stock height! I think I may need to come off the keys a little.

#11 ·
Crazy as it may sound, I was really leaning toward the RCX 7.5" but now I just purchased the zone 5" with fox 2.0s as of today for a great deal.
I will be running 22"x10" AFs with a -25 offset and 35-12.50-22 tires.

Will I be ok clearance wise or will I need to do some slight trimming mods?

Thanks

#13 ·
BadZ I think some trimming would be required. That's why I retired my weld evos when I lowered. The -25 offset along with increased track width is a challenge

Reactions: shotwhat
#15 ·
I have had no trouble from RCX.. I have had two of their lifts..

#16 ·
I have a 12" FTS for sale. You can probably turn it down to 11" rofl

#23 ·
I have RCX 5" great angles and great ride. have fox shocks with zero issues. and I clear 35x13r22 with just minor front fender plastic trimming. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another RCX lift especially for the price over other lifts.

#26 ·
well just in case it is and nobody will warranty it because of the lift, here is a write up on doing the job

mine was leaking and the dealer wouldn't touch it nono

Auto part Pipe Gas

so i replaced it myself :D

replacing pt 1
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2...wcs-lml-silverado-thread-264.html#post5590138

replacing pt 2
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2...wcs-lml-silverado-thread-268.html#post5603690

re-assembly pt 1
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2...wcs-lml-silverado-thread-283.html#post5645050

re-assembly pt 2
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2...wcs-lml-silverado-thread-394.html#post5848770

#28 ·
I know this thread is old... can one just pick up ntbd brackets from rcx 5" and throw it on with zone 5" if a guy gets a smoking deal on zone?

#30 ·
I thought I read on here somewhere that both kits had same size drop? It should work if the drop is the same. Just need guys with each brand 5" to measure drop on crossmembers lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.