Remote start - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011 and up (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2011+ topics not related to powertrain

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

Is there an antenna or module you can add to increase the distance the remote works from. Aftermarket gmc product. And yes, I have heard of the guys holding it to your chin with your mouth open and so on. Maybe an actual add on module though?
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 06:59 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

Hey guys... Just installed a viper 5904 (alarm / remote start) on Thursday.. everything seemed to be working great, except for a 12 second delay with the remote start, but recently (saturday, and sunday) the "door open" will be activated, when all doors are closed. As you can imagine this is a PIA because first time it happened i actually thought somebody was trying to mess with the truck, so I ran out and nothing. Any tips on whats wrong with both remote start delay and or door open malfunction?
Also today just noticed remote start works, then turn off after 20 - 30 seconds.. then starts up again.... whats going on?
Thanks,
BB2500HD
BlackBeast2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 07:45 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

Go OE equipement or put up with cheap aftermaket crap
PPE Hot Race tuner / TransGo Jr. / Pillar gauges
JVC - DVD/Nav system & Back up camera/2500w inverter/ 55w reverse lamps/Amber strobe lights X4 corners
front hidden hitch/rear hitch/turn over ball 5th wheel hitch/custom grille
DRW # 101
bubblebutt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 04:02 AM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Just a heads up there is an app for Onstar that I downloaded to my android phone that will remote start my truck from anywhere. It is 2-way so it tells me when it is running. It also gives information like fuel, avg mpg, mileage, tire pressure, and other stuff. I have oem remote start, but maybe onstar app would work as your key fob. Not sure if possible, but worth a try.
Joegovette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 04:08 AM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

What's the app called?
Tugboat856 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 04:30 AM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

Sub'd

Sent from my JD7830
Sick at the moment soon for sale

07 LBZ Red cc/sb on wore out 285s
and cheap wheels all stock for now
tq01lb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 04:44 AM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat856 View Post
What's the app called?
Just do a search for Onstar. It should be the only one. It starts my truck in an enclosed 3 story garage at work with no issues. It doesn't seem to need line of sight to work. I am suprised that Chevrolet or Onstar doesn't promote the app. It works really well.
Joegovette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 05:42 AM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

Just put in an astrostart remote start last week and love it. I was very weary about having an aftermarket key fob in my pocket just bc im anal about it looking stock. From the short time if had it, I can def say I wont own another vehicle without haveing it.
If you go aftermarket you can do anything you want along with a combination of things.
For example, I have remote start with a 5 second delay. I can turn my heated seats on, turn defrost on, roll windows down, and vechile locater. It can be set up to roll all four windows down, 2, or 1 or whatever youd like. A two way remote is definately the best, bc without you never know if the remote actually made the connection from the signal for the vehicle to do exactly what you want it to do. With a two way it will chime at you if the truck started, stopped, turbo timer, if the seats were activated. Plus I have just under a mile of range. You can get an app through a bunch of different remote starts to control your vehicle. You pay for installation and such and they tell you app is free, BUT catch is you have to pay a monthly or yearly fee for the program to be able to run it. That is your choice if it interested you or not. I wasnt that into it bc I dont want have to be trying to pull out my phone all of the time to start my truck keys just seemed easier to me.
just me .02
Edge Insight CTS w/ EGT Probe
4" MBRP Exhaust Turbo Back w/ 5" Rolled Tip
Resonater Plug
Transgo Jr.
Pump Rub Fix
High Beam All on Mod
Tie Rod Sleeves
More to Come....!!!
Cmart1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 03:19 PM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)

You must be subscribed to onstar while you use the apple phone is the only downfall I see, yes I currently use it and like it.

Traded 2011 GMC Sierra 2500 SLT 4wd with Duramax and Allison 6 speed.GMC Cargo Management toolbox and tonneau cover. Nitto Crossteks 275-70-18.
Daystar 2 '' Level in front.

CMS Toolbox is for sale in South Fla.
gregmp15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 04:06 PM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmart1989 View Post
Just put in an astrostart remote start last week and love it. I was very weary about having an aftermarket key fob in my pocket just bc im anal about it looking stock. From the short time if had it, I can def say I wont own another vehicle without haveing it.
If you go aftermarket you can do anything you want along with a combination of things.
For example, I have remote start with a 5 second delay. I can turn my heated seats on, turn defrost on, roll windows down, and vechile locater. It can be set up to roll all four windows down, 2, or 1 or whatever youd like. A two way remote is definately the best, bc without you never know if the remote actually made the connection from the signal for the vehicle to do exactly what you want it to do. With a two way it will chime at you if the truck started, stopped, turbo timer, if the seats were activated. Plus I have just under a mile of range. You can get an app through a bunch of different remote starts to control your vehicle. You pay for installation and such and they tell you app is free, BUT catch is you have to pay a monthly or yearly fee for the program to be able to run it. That is your choice if it interested you or not. I wasnt that into it bc I dont want have to be trying to pull out my phone all of the time to start my truck keys just seemed easier to me.
just me .02
Why the 5 second delay?
BlackBeast2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.