OnStar phone app anyone ? - Page 6 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2011 and up (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2011+ topics not related to powertrain

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 02:54 PM   eBay Motors  #51 (permalink)

i didnt know everyone was worried but with a warrant and in some cases without you can be tracked using on star and beyond that they feds can reverse tap those on star goodies and listen to everything going on in the vehicle.

as for the app i have had it since we bought the truck in oct 2012 and i have never had a problem with it.
Cayenne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 07:44 PM   eBay Motors  #52 (permalink)

So onstar called, said try it now.

Still nothing, so now they said i have to change my hands free calling number? And wait a few days for them to call me back?

Seems ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 AM   eBay Motors  #53 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Has the app stopped working recently for anyone? I've never had an issue and all of a sudden yesterday I started getting a "unknown error" when trying to log in. This morning I got on and was able to start the car, then it kicked me back to the login screen and when I tried to log in, it said "Onstar app is not available for this vehicle"
Tv0307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 06:36 AM   eBay Motors  #54 (permalink)
most known unknown
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tv0307 View Post
Has the app stopped working recently for anyone? I've never had an issue and all of a sudden yesterday I started getting a "unknown error" when trying to log in. This morning I got on and was able to start the car, then it kicked me back to the login screen and when I tried to log in, it said "Onstar app is not available for this vehicle"
not yet for me anyway

i did however notice (after reading your question) that mine doesnt have the remote start feature on the APP anymore, since the the delete last night....but it works fine with the keys!

weird
Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 AM   eBay Motors  #55 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Mine quit working yesterday. Tried again this morning and it works fine. Wierd that you don't have the remote start function anymore since you deleted. Anybody else notice this?

When are you going to post some vids of how that thing sounds now jwcgmc?

2012 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Z71
Interior:
LT w/ leather/Weather Tech floor mats/more to come

Exterior: Rear wheel well liners from ebay/Bushwacker bed rail caps/Kobalt toolbox/Westin window vents/Zone Leveling Kit/Added Tow Mirrors/Painted front and rear bowties/15% tint on front windows/Nitto Trail Grapplers 305-55-R20 (33.5"x12.5")/Access Bed Cover/Cognito Idler & Pitman Arm Braces.
Performance
: H&S XRT PRO/5" FloPro.
JRod1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 AM   eBay Motors  #56 (permalink)
most known unknown

i'll take one here in a bit and post it in all those Minimaxx, 5" exhaust, threads we are all on together!!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:16 AM   eBay Motors  #57 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

I called customer support cause my app didn't work yesterday and we were -20 and I didn't want to wait in the cold while it warmed up outside work. They had some server issue (could hardly understand the person speaking to me) and it would be fixed in 24 hours. It appears to be working now.

I'm deleted and still have the remote start function. Thats odd you that you don't suddenly.
DE Downpipe|S&B Intake|AirDog II|FASS FF Delete|Amp Research Steps|Line-X|Bakflip G2
nfamus10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 07:19 AM   eBay Motors  #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcgmc1985 View Post
not yet for me anyway

i did however notice (after reading your question) that mine doesnt have the remote start feature on the APP anymore, since the the delete last night....but it works fine with the keys!

weird

The EPA is on your ass...hurry run!

They're hoping your dumb enough to not figure out how to start your truck without the APP
Old 01-23-2013, 07:20 AM   eBay Motors  #59 (permalink)
most known unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfamus10 View Post
I called customer support cause my app didn't work yesterday and we were -20 and I didn't want to wait in the cold while it warmed up outside work. They had some server issue (could hardly understand the person speaking to me) and it would be fixed in 24 hours. It appears to be working now.

I'm deleted and still have the remote start function. Thats odd you that you don't suddenly.
im going to delete the app and reinstall it, see if that works!! its not a huge deal im just glad the lock/unlock buttons work because thats way important in case the dog ever locks my keys in the truck again, while it was running!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:25 AM   eBay Motors  #60 (permalink)
most known unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duratys View Post
The EPA is on your ass...hurry run!

They're hoping your dumb enough to not figure out how to start your truck without the APP

NEVER!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.