Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Anybody else notice these trucks are rock chip magnets?

11K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Cayenne 
#1 ·
My 2011 Denali seems like it gets more and more rock chips on the front bumper by the day... Anyone out there put a clear bra on your truck, or just go with the lak of paint on the front?

#2 ·
I seen a few people do like color matche line x. But I'm not a fan of that. I just use touch up paint every now and then.

#3 ·
Cheap factory paint jobs on paper thin metal. Have you pushed on the side or roof of one of these new trucks? Jeez, my Volvo S-40 has WAY more metal in it.

#6 ·
I got one put on, and I am thinking I need to do the rocker panels and lower doors done as they have a lot of chips as well.

#7 ·
Ya.. this pickup chips worse than any i've ever owned.. looks terrible.. Hope they sell the touch paint by the pint :D

#8 ·
Better 3M clear tape your whole truck. Thats the only benefit to the chrome front end instead of the painted. Morsno said it best. Had an extended cab prior to my crew cab...wind caught the door one day and did this:

Attachments

#9 ·
JRod1985 brings up a good point. 3M Clear film works wonders. I have my rocker panels, front fenders, hood, painted area between the bumper and grill, head lights, and driving lights done. The stuff is also self repairing with a little heat if you get a good rock ding in the film.

#10 ·
Ya I think they get worse by the year. I have a Impala that you could blow on ans scratch it. I dont know what the deal is :taunt

#11 ·
#13 ·
i hate clear bras, the fade and get a yellow tint to um and it just gets fugly

#14 ·
Makes me glad I didn't go with the painted front end now. My 2008 had a painted front bumper and it was awful too. Kept a bottle of the touchup paint handy at all times.

#17 ·
just put a front bumper replacement on it, our bull pusher doesnt have a chip on it. when our truck starts getting rock chip and paint peel we are going to take it to our buddy that owns the linex shop and have him linex the entire truck black, cheaper than a repaint job and it will last alot longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.