Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2016 HID's : Anyone make changes to stock?

4K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Super B 
#1 ·
I just traded in my '15 for a '16 GMC 2500HD. Delivery Feb 1st.
On my '15 I had installed HID's all around.
While test driving the '16 I noticed a big difference with the lights; much dimmer than my '15.
I already purchased some Putco LED fogs.
Has anyone upgraded or changed the HID bulbs on the '16?

Thanks in advance,
Ron

#2 ·
Funny I was planning to have the dealer install the 2016 HIDs. How did you like he new steering and wireless tailgate lock feature?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
The steering is a lot lighter, especially when parking. I'm sure when backing up the trailer; the lighter steering will be much appreciated.

I have an ARE tonneau cap which locks/unlocks with the door remote; so I won't appreciate the feature as much as others.

Can't wait for Monday to pick her up at the dealer :smile2:

#5 ·
That is weird. My 2016 headlights are much, much brighter than the 2015 we had with the stock halogen projectors. I am very happy with the 2016 HIDs.

#6 ·
Remember, I had installed 55w 6000k HID's on my '15. So my reference was not to the stock halogen.

#7 ·
I was wondering the same thing because I'm trading in my 2015 2500 for a 2016 3500 Dually and I want to change my headlights. I've been waiting since November 4 for my truck and gmc will building my truck on February 2 so hopefully I have it by the middle of February.

#8 ·
So I received my '16 Denali yesterday and after driving last night with the new for 2016 HID headlights, I'm impressed.
I will not be changing them.
However, the fog lights remain the same; using halogen bulbs.
So, I'll be installing Putco LED foglights at the same time the AMP Power Steps are installed (taken from my traded in 2015)

#12 ·
TRS - the retrofit source has an excellent kit for our trucks, slightly different for sierra/silverado. Choice of K rating and either 35w or 55w. Comes with double relay and resistor, totally plug and play. They are bright as hell in my stock '15 projectors and put my Touareg's stock bi-xenon's to shame except that they don't turn when cornering.

Fast headlights, who offers the same kit as TRS, also makes a sweet adapter that will allow you to replace your stock projectors with Morimoto FX-R Bi-xenon projectors. These projectors really put to shame almost all OEM projectors as far as clarity/cutoff, and since they are bi-xenon you can change your high's to any number of other/brighter options.

I am 100% satisfied with the TRS HID kit for silverado spec, 55w/6000k. I do not feel the need to spend more money on "better" projectors.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/h...d-system-silverado-low-beam.html#.VrpGMFgrKhc

#13 ·
These are for pre 2016 GMC trucks; the 2016's have HID's already installed in the headlights

#22 ·
Pictures of the Putco LED Fog lights.
They are very bright.

Ron

Attachments

Reactions: Super B
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.