Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2011-2013 Stereo/Screen Question

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  RogueM3 
#1 ·
I'm usually pretty good at searching, but am a bit stumped as to what options ensure a truck has the center dash video screen as opposed to the standard radio option?

Screen:

"Standard" Radio:

It looks like all Denali's have the screen, but not all LTZ nor SLT trucks get them.

Second question: Is there much benefit to the screen? I assume the parking sensors show up there (as opposed to the rear view mirror), but am not sure what else I would be missing in not purchasing a truck with the screen.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Jack

See less See more
#2 ·
My last truck didn't have the screen, I personally kinda liked it for the reason of instant response. On the note of the nav, it's so so comparing it to the 3 others I use daily.
Is it worth passing up a good deal on? HELL NO. Also, you're going to pay a premium for the word sat/nav in the description. If it's something you want, there are much better aftermarket options.

#3 ·
Thanks guys...I hadn't correlated SatNav as the option to guarantee the screen but it does seem to be.

Its funny, I almost never use the Nav in my current car as its a little outdated and I prefer my GoogleMaps on my phone or Siri reading my directions. I do like that the rearview camera would be a bigger size with the Nav screen as opposed to appearing in the mirror, but to your point...that's probably not worth paying a bunch extra for.

Thanks again for the feedback.

#4 ·
If you get the nav you get the screen. To tell if your set-up will play DVDs, look at the lower right corner, if it says DVD it plays them, if it's blank like the one in your top picture it won't play them.

#6 ·
Not sure I would use the DVD function if I had it...but I'll check for that.

My ltz has the screen. I like having the big screen for the back up camera. I've gotten used to watching it when I'm backing up to a trailer. Probably not worth the money but it has its perks.
That does sound appealing. Not that I will be towing a ton, but it would make it easier.

From what I have seen, having Nav (and the screen) on SLTs or LTZs doesn't seem to increase the price of the trucks substantially over their counterparts without the screen. Mileage looks to be the only major factor in dealers asking premiums over other trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.