Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Error Messages on DIC

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  011_Silverado 
#1 ·
This morning my uncle had these messages flash across the DIC in his truck. 2011 Sierra 2500HD Duramax.

Service Park Assist
Service Traction Control
Service Stabilitrak

All three flashed across back to back he said and the truck had reduced power as if the traction control was kicked in. any ideas? truck is long out of warranty

#2 ·
Got to get those code(s) pulled.

#3 ·
pulled the code with my insight and i get a U0101 code, which is pointing towards a TCM issue

#4 ·
I think TCM issue is a common things on the early year LMLs. I recall a thread on something just like this.

#5 · (Edited)
Yep! That's TCM issue. If you can wait, order the part through Rock Auto and then take it to either a dealer or a mechanic that has a Tech II to program it. The dealer wants over $600 for the module and for the same item R/A only wants $300. Mine went out on a Friday afternoon and cost me over $1000 to get it done that afternoon. I'd try a private diesel mechanic that you trust first for the programming, if you don't have one go to the dealer. They shouldn't charge you more than $200 to program it.

Good luck.

#6 ·
Had the codes pulled at a shop

P0571

U0101

P2610

P0880

U0184

what exactly do these all mean???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.