(G7T) Deep Garnet Metallic
(GMU) Pepperdust Metallic
(IO3) 4.2" diagonal color display AM/FM stereo
(UQ5) 4-speaker audio system

New Features

(G2X) Deep Mahogany Metallic
(GPJ) Red Quartz Tintcoat

Changes

(IOB) GMC Infotainment System with 7" diagonal color touch-screen is now standard on 1SA models
(UQ3) 6-speaker sound system is now standard on 1SA Regular Cab models
(UVC) Rear Vision Camera is now standard on all models (was available on 1SA models 17MY)
(UJM) Tire Pressure Monitor now includes Tire Fill Alert
(PDD) Sierra Convenience Package no longer includes (UVC) Rear Vision Camera
(PEF) Sierra Convenience Plus Package no longer includes (IOB) IntelliLink Radio with 7" diagonal color touch-screen or(UVC) Rear Vision Camera
(GAT) All Terrain HD Package has additional content

2018 Chevrolet Truck Silverado 2500HD

Deletions

(G1E) Siren Red Tintcoat
(G7T) Butte Red Metallic
(GMU) Pepperdust Metallic
(UQ5) 4-speaker audio system
(IO3) 4.2" diagonal color display AM/FM stereo

New Features

(G2X) Havana Metallic
(GPJ) Cajun Red Tintcoat
(Z71) Package has new Black grille mesh with 2 bar dark chrome insert
(GAJ) High Country has new Black grille mesh with 2 bar chrome insert
New box side decals on "Z71" and "4x4" models

Changes

(IOB) Chevrolet MyLink Radio with 7" diagonal color touch-screen is now standard on 1WT models
(UQ3) 6-speaker sound system is now standard on 1WT Regular Cab models
(UVC) Rear Vision Camera is standard on all models (was available on 1WT 17MY)
(UJM) Tire Pressure Monitor now includes Tire Fill Alert
(PCM) WT Convenience Package no longer includes (UVC) Rear Vision Camera
(PCN) Silverado HD Custom no longer includes (UVC) Rear Vision Camera or (IOB) Chevrolet MyLink Radio with 7" diagonal color touch-screen

See less See more
#4 ·
I am surprised that they are getting rid of the dark garnet red. that is the color of truck that got me on the lot...had the dealer not pulled a bait and switch on me I would have bought it. They didn't have the extra for lift, rims and tires on the sticker or another sticker.

#122 ·
Same, I was going to get the Deep Garnett Metallic Denali before I seen the Midnight Edition. I'm not much of a flashy chrome guy but that metallic paint in the sun light clean looks beautiful. Especially if it had black rims. The one I test drove was in Cincinnati and apparently they let some dip shit test drive it before me and there was red sauce hand prints all over the interior including the ceiling. They said they would clean it for me and I was like nope. lol The other Denali I test dove was in Lexington and it looked like someones back had white paint on it and smeared the back seat. I looked at my fiancé and was like is this common for truck dealerships lol.

#5 ·
Wondering what shade was Butt Red....was it after a minor spanking to compare to, or was it more of a "you've been a bad girl" severe spanking shade?
haha:

#8 ·
The 2018 HDs start production the last week of July so they should start showing up on lots a week or two after that. Eager to see what the new Denali grille looks like.

#13 ·
GM is obsessed with having multiple shades of red but they never offer anything remotely close to dark green anymore. Pisses me off.

Reactions: Supreme
#18 ·
YES! I completely agree. I had a green (polo?) Suburban. I loved that color! I actually didn't care for it when I bought it (used) but then I grew to love it.

I despise burgundy/maroon/red cars and trucks, but clearly a lot of people love them.

I also do not like black or especially grey interior. I want a brown or beige color inside. (Dirt is brown, y'all. And what little dirt I get in a car makes it look un-new on black or grey.)

And why do they not do the HD trucks in pearl white (Summit White = PVC/"plumber's" white)? And while we're adding features to the HD line, let's do the 4wd "auto" so when I'm skidding out on wet pavement in traffic, the front end can stay ahead of the back end.

Are they fixing the high-rev shift points for 2018?

#15 ·
I was initially disappointed to see that red removed, however, I just checked something on Chevrolet's website as a random thought popped in my head. The new Equinox is using the Cajun Red, and I think, of course, my opinion, looks just as good.

#16 ·
GPJ 'red quartz tintcoat/cajun red tintcoat' looks very similar to G7T 'butte red metallic/deep garnet metallic' to my eye as well.

#19 ·
Surprised they still didn't change to the 2016 hafton grille. But with a new model coming 2019, I guess there was no point.

That's overall an underwhelming list. Really the only new feature is the tire fill alert. We'll have to wait even longer for heated rear seats and a 4wd dash indicator.

#20 ·
Yes as always ford and dodge lead the way with features like 360 degree cameras and rear heated seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nbomar
#88 ·
Reactions: Extrication
#27 ·
Yeah, I had the dark green on the '96 TD. It grew on me too.....but was a major hassle to keep clean, worse I think than black. But the bucket seats! Nice and roomy for a wide-glide rear end. :grinn

300k miles later, it was a major pain to sell. No one was interested in green. Downerrr

Finally convinced a landscaper that green was the best for the biz.
(plus $3k below market)

#28 ·
Another production year with no rear HVAC.......amazing

#30 ·
I wish they would go back to the good ole days, when they offered 10+ colors to choose from plus two tone. now day only have a few colors and they are all plain jane,nothing with real class. two tone brown&tan,green&green, blue&white, blue &blue,red&white,red&red,yellow&white.black&white,ETC

#31 ·
I think the main reason why they quit offering 2 tone is production cost and time the way the cars and trucks are painted nowadays it would add cost and add another step to the line or maybe 2 more steps to the production time and line

#41 ·
I have always wondered why GM would not offer White Diamond in the HD trucks. Would buy one in a heartbeat if they offered it.

#59 · (Edited)
Get your checkbook out... just added to the order guide (for Denali HDs only... not for any other GMC HD trim or any Chevy HD):

Effective 6/19/2017, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

Color and Trim section-(G1W) White Frost Tricoat, updated footnote 1 to read "Late availability for HD models. Ordering to begin September of 2017. Available at extra charge.".

#42 ·
The fact there is no HVAC, or heated seats still blows my mind. I just don't get why they won't step up to the plate on those. My 2014 F150 has rear HVAC and its so great. Sure will miss that once i get back into a Duramax.

Reactions: nbomar
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.