Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

GMC bumper on Chevy?

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  StealthBoogie 
#1 ·
I am wanting to paint my bumper, or more so the bumper of the truck I am about to buy. Already picking out stuff for it and having ideas running through me head. Well the truck is white and I want to paint the bumper white and leave some chrome. I don't really like the look of the chevy bumper painted but love the look of the GMC bumper with just the bottom painted and chrome on top. So my question is will the brackets and the grill allow a GMC bumper on a Chevy?

#2 ·
By the way the truck is an 07 classic body.

#3 ·
The bumper will not fit properly under the Chevy grill. I'm not sure but I think you could do this but you would have to swap the bumper, grille, front clip, lights, front fenders and hood.

#5 ·
It will bolt up fine. The bottom of the headlights are nearly in the same place but the grille is deeper on the GMC so there is probably an extra 1/2" gap between the top of the bumper and bottom of the grille. Also the GMC grille is a little wider so there will be a little larger gap where the grille transitions to the lights.

#7 ·
Well atleast I know it would bolt up with no problem. I like how the GMC bumper is chrome on the top and plastic on bottom which i would paint. But a set back is the white truck I was going to buy already has three people in front of me wanting to buy it so I have to keep looking for a new truck and then can do the swap lol.

#8 ·
There will also be a gap between the ends of the fenders and the top of the bumper. That is what really kills the look.

#10 ·
A GMC bumper should have the proper gap between the fenders/ lights and the top of the bumper. The gap is under and to the sides of the GMC grill. You can kind of see this gap in the picture dirtymax posted. You could probably put something behind the gap to try and hide it better.

#11 ·
After a little more thought I realized there would be a gap between the bumper and fenders, a very large gap, if the bumper wasn't shifted up. On the chevy bumper the 2" of body lift the 2500 and 3500 trucks have over the 1500 is built into the bumper while it is built into the grille on the GMC. The bumper brackets would need to be modified to move the entire GMC bumper up on a Chev.

#12 ·
It's not hard to modify and lift your gmc bumper tho, I did mine and like it a lot more.

#13 ·
I choose GMC because of the better looking front end :thumb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.