Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Project TURBO 6.2

9K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  duramaxbd03 
#1 ·
Im going to turbo the motor that will be going into my old 6.2 chevy 1 ton 2wd dump truck.

I found a truck that was headed to the scrap yard that had a running motor with recent rebuild on the motor (only 30k on rebuild) and 150k total. I pulled the motor and swapped a junk 6.2 with the guy.

I have the following... more will follow with the project.
  • 6.5 turbo
  • Intake cover
  • Manifold
Im using the factory intake and customizing the cover to fit if I ever decide to pull the parts.

Here are a few pics from today when I pulled the motor and brough it home. The turbo is resting on the strap. Ill be power washing the motor so I didnt pull the manifold yet.

Here is a pic of the material that I took out to get it to fit on the stock 6.2 intake:

Here is a shot where I marked the outside edge of the intake where the 6.5 intake cover hangs over.... Ill build up some material then mill it off flat so it sits on the whole intake:

Ian

See less See more
#3 ·
Ill keep everyone posted :rockin

Just looking at the space I have available Im not sure if the turbo downpipe will fit or it will have to be on the outside of the frame:confused:

I power washed the motor as well so it looks a lot nicer!!!

#4 ·
Wow best of luck with that! should be a cool swap I wonder how much of a power differnce there will be?

Keep us posted and dont hesitate to ask any questions! :D

#8 ·
thats pretty cool
tell us how it goes....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.