Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Air Dog Question

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Kyle@XDP 
#1 ·
I installed my air dog fuel system last night, and it cured my problem of running out of fuel of course....but it now makes my truck lope quite badly, it's loping as if it has a cam in it.....any ideas what could cause this?

#2 ·
your pressure is turned up too high. You have the one with the adjustable pressure regulator right? In the installation instructions there is a way to calibrate the pressure based on turns from full lock.

you want it at 9-11 max.

#4 ·
Ok, makes perfect sense, should have though of that before lol. Thanks for the input guys, i appreciate it!

#6 ·
Ok so just realized the std AD doesn't have an option to adjust fuel pressure? I don't have the AD II, i wish i did now though lol....Could the lope be caused by my EFI tune?? or installation error? I'm stumped because i know the std AD runs at 10 psi which shouldn't be causing it to lope.

#9 ·
if it didnt before the air dog and i does now after and thats ALL you changed i would say its the airdog. or did you change your tune also?

#10 ·
my truck has a loping sounds when i decelerate. what that be from the pressure set to high??

#11 ·
check your return line, if it has a kink in it that will cause the pressure to spike. If it's not kinked then you have the wrong sping in the pump.

#14 ·
yes, they make different pressure springs and you could possibly have the wrong one. Loose idk, then you might have a leak or be sucking air. Usually if the spring is right and the pressure is still high it's caused by a restriction in the return line.

#17 ·
not a problem mon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.