Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Is there a DMAX Manual out there???

21K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  renraf 
#1 ·
I've been to Napa and Autozone and there appears to be no repair manual out there like Haynes or Chiltons for my 05 Chevy DMAX..... WTF :box It's a 2005 and you'd think that there would be one out there??? Does chevy have one you could buy??? Where can I get a repair manual???:help

#2 ·
#10 ·
I've got a 2006 Savana 3500 D-max I'm using as a donor vehicle. The engine/trans are going in a 4x4 project. The van was involved in a front-end collision resulting in damage to some intake parts, as well as the fuse box under the hood. For the motor swap, I'll need a good service manual with electrical diagrams to thin out the electrical harness of anything not related to the engine electronics. Do these E-bay CD's have good elecrical diagrams, or am I better off shelling out the $130 for the Haynes?

#3 ·
You can get the GM manuals from Helm, Inc.
- Everything you could possibly want to know, and much more you won't. :D

2005 Silverado Sierra/Sierra Denali (CK8-Platform) Truck Service Manual Set - Helm Incorporated

Service and Owner Information
> Chevrolet & Geo > 2005 > Silverado
2005 Silverado Sierra/Sierra Denali (CK8-Platform) Truck Service Manual Set

Price: $135.00

Contains Factory Authorized Service information written by General Motors. It contains Diagnostic Information and Procedures, Schematics and Routing Diagrams, Component Locator, Repair Instructions, Description and Operation, Specifications, and Special Tools and equipment. Service information on HVAC, Body & Accessories, Restraints, Steering, Suspension, Driveline/Axle, Brakes, Engine and Transmission/Transaxle.

#4 ·
So is there a big difference between the one on ebay and the helm inc one?

#5 ·
Oh yeah. Like Hook'em said. Basically Helms > Ebay DVD. However, it is super cheap and enough for most...at least me.

#6 ·
there is alldatadiy.com as well.

#7 ·
i have a helms for my truck, its 5 phonebook sized manuals that cover every part of the truck, and the pages are even phonebook thickness, so imagine say.....7000+ pages about the 2005 Silverado/Sierra/Denali 1500/2500/3500 and every motor, trans, and option for that year

for $150 bucks its an investment but its a good one if youre a DIYer

#8 ·
The haynes manual for the silverado covers both the gas and diesel engine. it just doesnt say it on the cover.

#9 ·
Can you post the number of that Haynes manual? I've got a 99-06 Silverado, but it only covers up to 6.0L on the 2500+

#12 ·
I ordered both the Duramax supplement and the owners manual for my 08 Sierra from Helm Inc and was not too impressed. Helm did good at shipping them, but the content was pretty vague. the DIY's in this forum are great and i will rely mostly on advise from the veterans. But, that is me.

#18 ·
yeah, its for an 03 silverado, meaning 1500-3500 SCSB-CCLB and every engine, trans, interior you can get for 03

order the right year for your truck and youre in business

#20 ·
If paying by check rather than credit card, pay attention to special instructions. I admit it, didn't. Got distracted in the middle of things or whatever. The check processing fee is around $8 more than the on line order form shows. They sent my $181 check and order ('06 Silverado set) back for short payment and I had to start waiting all over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.