Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

04 lb7 low oil pressure

31K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  justinmc215 
#1 ·
The oil pressure gauge on my 04 LB7 is ready really low oil pressure. When it is started cold it reads 60 psi. At operating temp it reads about 30 psi at 70mph but will drop to ear 0 psi at idle and the DIC displays low oil pressure. I took it to my mechanic and his computer didn't get an oil pressure reading at all. He installed a new sending unit still no oil pressure tried a different cluster still no oil pressure. Manual oil pressure check shows oil pressure is at normal levels both cold and hot. Any ideas on the issue could it be the ecm or possibly a short in the system some where. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Help!!!!!!!!

I got almost the same scenario!! Lost oil pressure at a stop light, one night about a mile from my house. I Manually shifted and kept the RPMs up till I limped it home. In the morning I pulled my dip stick and the Level was all the way up the stick. Lots of Diesel. I scanned my truck and it said Open circuit, #7 injector or somthing like that. I replaced all my Odd injectors and everything was DISCO for 600 miles....(today) Driving back from lunch still Slightly paranoid, I looked at my oil pressure gauge while coasting down a hill and the NEEDLE WAS IN THE RED!!!!:gearjamin Checked my oil when I returned to work and no signs of diesel level was good. What the F
I already have a pillar gauge pod for Exhaust temp and Boost. I want a third for oil pressure. Does anyone know who sells a kit or who has what... Any suggestions would be appreciated. I pretty sure I have oil pressure but not sure haven't tested. Thanks Rick

#4 ·
hi i am new hear, but i do have a 2004 lb7 duramax and i had low oil pressure, when it was cold outside i would start it and it would run about 60 psi oil press, but when it got warm after driving it a while it would barely even come up on the guage, what had happened is my injectors were leaking diesel into my crankcase causing the oil to get thin thus causing low oil pressure, i never got any codes or anything, i replaced the injectors and now it never gets low again. hope this helps

#10 ·
Hello All...im new to the group, but i have a 03 Duramax...i believe it is a LB7...anyway ...my problem is my oil pressure has me worried...when i start it up its at like 50-60 PSI...but when it warms up to operating temp, it drops down to like 11-15 PSI...when im driving its at like 30PSI... i dont believe that it but so low ??? if anyone one could help me out on what to do ... i would greatly appreciate it.. i read on one of these groups things that some run low .. arpund 14-20 PSI but i dont wanna keep driving it like that and it cost me more money in the long run ???? Please HELP ???`i have a CS2 tuner where im getting my readings from ...n just did a 15-40 synthetic oil change as well yesterday...

#6 ·
i lot of the times the gauge on your cluster is not always right they can be way off....coolant, oil, speedo, rpm,

#9 ·
They tried a new gauge cluster and that didn't work so it's not the gauge. They can't even get a reading when they plug in there computer. No diesel in oil either. They are going to try the oil pressure regulator next. I truck has oil pressure it just won't read and display it. Thanks for the responses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.