HELP!! LB7 Low Oil Pressure, - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
911 Problems Forum Truck won't start or drive? Post here!

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 07:41 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

HELP!! LB7 Low Oil Pressure,

hey guys, im in need of help. so driving from tampa to denver everything was going well. MPG was going fine and the ride was good, no issue with weather...all is well. left Witchita at 8pm last night headed to denver.

well about 60 miles from denver i stopped to get fuel, got back on the highway and i realized that my oil pressue was low, like on the second notch, in the red. i pulled over, stopped the truck(it had been on for about 8 hours) checked the oil and it had pluenty, when i tured the truck back on i had the normal oil pressure, well i kept a close eye on it because i was afraid that something had gone wrong. When i pulled onto my street it dropped again to practically zero. this morning i checked the oil, had pluenty, i took some out and put it in a can so i can take a closer look at it and smell it and im not sure what its supose to smell like. i mean it smells like a trucks oil. it still had what i think is the correct consinsticy a oil should have but not sure if there was fuel in it or not.

what do i do? i didnt have the engine light turn on, so no codes. is there a way i can check of all my injecters with the V2 scanner, and would that tell me if they are bad? if so how do i do it and whats good and whats bad? sorry what seems to be a stupid question but ive never done it and dont want to mess anything up:booboo. i need to be in cali by friday(driving) so i need to get this figured out, i was planning leaving Denver on wedensday morning and i need to know if i need to go get anything fixed. thanks for your help and let me know what i should do.

truck was running fine, no abnormal noises. it was night so i couldnt see if there was any gray/white smoke. i can go drive around today if i need too but i just dont know what im supose to do. please help
2003 lb7, Fab Tech 8in lift, Fox Shocks, 20s Moto Metal 37 X 13.5 Toyo M/T Open Country, Banks Intercooler,Banks Ram-Air Intake w/ Super Scoop, Banks Monster Exhaust, No Cats Straight Pipe, Banks Big Head Wastegate Actuator, Kennedy Diesel boost Valve, Autometer C2 Series Gauges, Horns from Hornblaster.com, Mag-Hytec Differential Cover, Mag-Hytec Transmission Pan, Tow Mirriors, Raptor 150,

www.centralfloridaduramax.com
EFI Live/ DSP5 with tunes by Justin at Blue Demon
Duramax_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2011, 07:59 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

How long since your last oil change? What was your oil pressure when cruising down the highway? Was their any diesel smell in the oil dip stick? When my injectors went bad it was hard to smell it at first. My oil levels also started rising above full, but my pressure down the highway was consistently getting lower.

Can't talk on the V2 because I don't have EFI Live yet, but I know some if the experienced guys will chime in to help.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

2006 HD Sportster 1200 Custom
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited

2xxx Dmax - loading ...

SOLD - 2003 Silverado CCSB LB7, stock (for now), PPE Boost Valve, Hypertech Power Programmer III, GN, 285/75R16E BFG A/T's.
03Duramax4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2011, 08:12 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

last oil change was probably 2500 miles ago(2 months), in the last week ive gone around 1500. i smelt the dip stick and it was hard to smell an diesel fuel but this is the first time ive ever smelt the dip stick in my life. oil pressure has always been normal, what the exact pressure is i couldnt tell ya. i have 81000ish miles. thanks for your help and i hope your questions makes it easier for even more help
2003 lb7, Fab Tech 8in lift, Fox Shocks, 20s Moto Metal 37 X 13.5 Toyo M/T Open Country, Banks Intercooler,Banks Ram-Air Intake w/ Super Scoop, Banks Monster Exhaust, No Cats Straight Pipe, Banks Big Head Wastegate Actuator, Kennedy Diesel boost Valve, Autometer C2 Series Gauges, Horns from Hornblaster.com, Mag-Hytec Differential Cover, Mag-Hytec Transmission Pan, Tow Mirriors, Raptor 150,

www.centralfloridaduramax.com
EFI Live/ DSP5 with tunes by Justin at Blue Demon
Duramax_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2011, 08:38 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

its probably the stepper motor or the sender for the gauge. Check your oil pressure with the v2.
BLACK H2's
BANKS BIGHEAD
SCIV
3/5 DROP
S&B intake with my own bumper scoop setup.
best 1/4 to date: 12.75@104.8
Quick6.6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.