front brakes locked down - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
911 Problems Forum Truck won't start or drive? Post here!

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 03:28 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

front brakes locked down

My truck had a bad tire bouncing issue and ended up being front caliper sticking. Got so bad that it wouldn't even let the truck get in od due to drag.Would stop without using brake pedal. Had both calipers replaced, lines, pads, rotors turned. Drove 10 miles, front brakes got so hot it warped rotors and smoked brakes as if on fire. What could be causing this? It has anti locks. Noticed electronic device on chassis rail with brake lines going through them. Assume this is part of anti lock. I'm assuming master cylinder sticking. Anything else.
2012 Chevy 3500 dually work truck Towing 2003 Teton Grand Freedom 5ther weighing 21,000 lbs. Traveling the USA welding pipe, repairing plants, building new ones & really enjoying God's beautiful country.
bpe1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2010, 03:54 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

pinched lines? leaking hydroboost pressure through valve to apply brakes maybe?

-Cole-
dmaxguy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2010, 04:02 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

No pinched lines. Hydroboost leaking? How to check?
2012 Chevy 3500 dually work truck Towing 2003 Teton Grand Freedom 5ther weighing 21,000 lbs. Traveling the USA welding pipe, repairing plants, building new ones & really enjoying God's beautiful country.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:18 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Since this has been brought up I realize my problem started as soon as I did the flush of the power steering pump. I realized I had no play in brake pedal after wards. Noticed mpg going down and tire bounce came into play. Tire bounce was actually rotors warped and brakes gripping rotors causing this. No play in pedal means brakes already applied. How could flushing system cause this?
Old 06-25-2010, 04:44 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Also it's just the front wheel brakes locking
Old 06-25-2010, 06:32 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I ordered a hb unit from Advance tonight. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.