Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Leaking Transmission Fluid

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  jc1843 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! So here's the deal. I discovered that my truck is leaking transmission fluid, so I had a certified transmission shop take apart the whole transmission and replace all the seals and everywhere it could possibly be leaking. Then they put the tranny back together and started up the truck and it starting leaking tranny fluid again! So the tranny shop has no idea what the problem is. So I am here to ask for some advice. Anyone got any ideas what to do now?

Thanks for the help in advance!

#5 ·
No they aren't charging me anything, thankfully or else I would have been pissed. So now I am just wondering what my next step should be? Thanks

#6 ·
ok, I don't mean to be a dick here....

but... the next step is to SEE WHERE IT IS LEAKING FROM....

i don't feel that's too difficult a task on a transmission especially.

#7 ·
No its ok I should have clarified myself, but yea that was my next step obviously. I was mainly just wondering if anyone has had this problem and an estimate of what's it gonna cost me

#8 ·
if it's leaking from the cooler lines, then yes.. everyone (well, okay, not everyone, but many) have had that problem.

you can either have GM replace them with the same crappy ones, or you can search around to see what else has worked.

#10 · (Edited)
Where it is leaking, side, top, front, rear -- these usually do not have a leaking problem, BUT many have had cooler lines leak--usually around the radiator area.

It is a Allison_?? If the leak in in the bell housing area, you may have a worn hub bushing or worn converter. The fix is to replac ethe converter and pump bushing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.