Linkage Cable Broke!!!! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
911 Problems Forum Truck won't start or drive? Post here!

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 08:41 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
VAGITARIAN :)

Thumbs down Linkage Cable Broke!!!!

Hey guys,my gear selector cable is broken,now,I can shift the truck to park by hand[underneath].The lil bracket on the trans,I think,holds the snap retainer in place so that the right gear can be selected.It is broken at the last little bracket that holds the cable in place,right on/near bottom of trans.Will dealer have this,or how long will it take em to get??Man what a crock of shit,a cable that selects the gears,and PLASTIC snap w/2 lil tabs on them.This is broken??Anyone know what I am talking bout??I guess this is designed like so to save money,the dealer will replace under warr,but damn only 47,000 miles,and this clip fer the gear selector breaks,luckily my son held the brake,and I was able to get under truck and put in drive!!!!I did see a connection in the cable about half way up,anyone know if jus the lower portion needs changing,or the whole gear selector cable needs to be changed???
2006 GMC 4x4 CC/SB/sle1/LBZ**312,000 miles!!** PPE HOT+2 225 TUNE beeeyotch:-)AutoMeter egt/boost Suncoast 5 trans w/1056TC!,billet in/out shafts/MagHytec pan!!,M/A built T-Case,4 in.str8piped,5%tint all around......
2007 Chevrolet 4x4 cc\sb,lbz.......SOLD to blunova
Also, I speed and don't come to complete stops at stop signs.

''don't sweat the petty things,pet the sweaty things''
Click below/pictures of my junk!!
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/vb...do=hall&u=8415
daddysLBZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2008, 08:58 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

2006 GMC 4x4 CC/SB/sle1/LBZ**312,000 miles!!** PPE HOT+2 225 TUNE beeeyotch:-)AutoMeter egt/boost Suncoast 5 trans w/1056TC!,billet in/out shafts/MagHytec pan!!,M/A built T-Case,4 in.str8piped,5%tint all around......

Old 06-29-2008, 09:36 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

BUMP.....Bump

Old 06-29-2008, 10:23 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

Huh wow thats weird! I never heard of that happening. I have seen the setup before and it is kinda flimsy but usually holds. Is the cable itself broken or the plastic clip that holds the cable into the linkage broken?

I gotta ask.. How did you break it?
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2008, 10:31 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tow Master View Post
Huh wow thats weird! I never heard of that happening. I have seen the setup before and it is kinda flimsy but usually holds. Is the cable itself broken or the plastic clip that holds the cable into the linkage broken?

I gotta ask.. How did you break it?
It is the clip that holds the cable on,b fore the final hookup at the gear selector on the trans,I don't drop in gear hard,EVER,so it's a mystery!!I was STOPPED in park,looking at property I bought to build a home on,when I put it in gear it dropped all the way to 1 on the indicator[on dash],I shit too!!!I hooked the cable back on trans part that turns to select the gear,then after a mile or so,I could not understand how it would go back alll the way down to 1??Then I further looked and saw that retainer clip BROKE,yep,only one locking tab left,so naturally not stout enough anymore to shift into gear as this PLASTIC piece flexes a bit!!!BUNK,dealer will have to fix,right,I only got 47,000 miles,thanks fer the reply!!Is this common or am I just rantin to rant????

Old 06-29-2008, 10:37 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

No thats not common at all. Thats actually strange! Has your tranny ever been out or anything? Id go to the dealer and ask the parts guys if you can buy the part you need. If its a clip you could be able to get it cheap and might be able to put it on yourself. They will tell you if you need a whole cable.
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
Old 06-29-2008, 11:02 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
No thats not common at all. Thats actually strange! Has your tranny ever been out or anything? Id go to the dealer and ask the parts guys if you can buy the part you need. If its a clip you could be able to get it cheap and might be able to put it on yourself. They will tell you if you need a whole cable.
I did not think it was common!!Trans is orig,never been out or anything..Clip meaning; the cable assembly looks like[but is not] a kickdown cable,ya know how ya push it through the bracket,it has a plastic tab on each side that holds this part of the cable steady in order to shift the trans,after the last bracket,where this snaps in place the tabs broke on the ''clip in'' part of the cable,then from there on,it's a flex boot[rubber] that the remainder of the cable attaches to the trans with,where is snapped in bracket,one tab broke off,I do not get it,all I did was put it in drive,,then it dropped all the way down to the lowest 1 on the dash indicator,hope my explaination helps ya visualize it a bit better,if ya look under ya LBZ,then ya can see exactly what I mean...Thanks!!:rockin

Old 06-29-2008, 11:27 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

Huh I'll have to look tomorrow before I go to work.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:37 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Huh I'll have to look tomorrow before I go to work.
Thanks for lookin,I WILL be reaming someone at the stealer a new ass!!I think they owe me a new one!!!I did after write a friggin check for my truck,paid it cash on the spot,if they don't replace,look out!!!I'll tell them I will make an already limp diesel truck market go down further,nothing wakes em like bad publicity,I'll post the outcome tom evening,I had to drive my SS today, But that think will not tow a dozer..I will let ya fellas know...It is NOT the money,just the fact that this thing failed early on[47,000 miles].I know it's small potatoes,but I have the res mod,true straight pipes on it,and a prog.So i will have to flash to stock and reinstall resonator,ya think they will be suspicious if I ask them please do not reflash,or jus makin attention fer myself????

Old 06-30-2008, 01:57 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Exclamation

Hey Kevin... What kind of programmer do you have? if you can just return it to stock and take it out... dont tell em not to reflash it. Just let them do their thing.I will get under mine tommorow to see what your talking bout and get a better understanding... I have been up for 35 hours now and I cant go no more.. :tease

later Kevin

06 Silverado 2500 cc/sb Silver 6.6 Duramax LBZ BABY! H2 Wheels // Tow Mirrors // EGR Blocked // Edge Evolution // Diablo sport predator // Cobra 29 CB Radio//PPE Air Box Mod // Straight Piped Missing Kitty... !
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1998 Dodge 3500 12 valve... ECLB Lariat w/ Fully skirted flatbed.. completely stock work truck... wait I think its missing the cat... wonder where it went to

Jackrabbit Services
"We Jump When you Call!"
06AFDmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.