Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Half injectors work

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  binks0678 
#1 ·
So long story short. My truck is over fueling bad. With a code for mis Fire #6. I replaced all 8 injectors. Still got a. Misfire #6. I have checked the wiring all good there. But one isssue it's over fueling bad. So I started checking into this. If I unplug any of these it stops smokeing runs a little ruff 1467 if I unplug 2358 it stalls and dies. I'm lost 'dunno;

#2 · (Edited)
Helps to know what you are working on-- and post the codes-- like P0206 and etc-

When the system senses and loose connection, it can shut down all the injectors in that group and set a P2146 or P2149

#3 ·
p0306 is misfire code for cylinder 6, if u replaced all 8 injectors, were they reman bosch? or some cheep after market ones? if cheep after market i would return and get reman's from bosch.
but its also possible u might not have cleaned the high side feed pipes properly and got dirty down inside the injector. or dirt inside the rail which now is in the injector.
might not have bin an injector issue in the first place, could have bin compression. jump the starter wires with key off and listen for an even crank, if there is a flare up or a spot it goes faster u have compression loss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.