? For Dustin - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 07:15 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

? For Dustin

Dustin I just bought an 04 lly I think the truck was tuned at one time since it had a ppe boost controller on it. But I have no way of knowing if it still is since I bought it from a dealer and they didn't even know what the boost controller was. Is there a way to tell if it still has a tune installed or not? I know I could have the ECM reflashed by the dealer but that is money I would rather save for efi live. My biggest question is if I were to order a pretuned ECM from you guys would it be any problem that I have no idea if my current ECM is stock or not? Also I didn't know if you guys had ecms there or would I have to send you mine and have the truck sit until I get it back?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 11:02 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
ATPTRUCKS

Hey bud,

That would be no problem at all as we can simply erase that ECM very easily

Thanks
Dustin

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Special thanks to: Mike L, Gtrippin, IdahoRob, Dmaxstore, HSP, ISSPRO, Yukon, Airdog

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Adrenaline Truck Performance IDAHO ROB 208.685.1000
sickdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerbill View Post
dustin i just bought an 04 lly i think the truck was tuned at one time since it had a ppe boost controller on it. But i have no way of knowing if it still is since i bought it from a dealer and they didn't even know what the boost controller was. Is there a way to tell if it still has a tune installed or not? I know i could have the ecm reflashed by the dealer but that is money i would rather save for efi live. My biggest question is if i were to order a pretuned ecm from you guys would it be any problem that i have no idea if my current ecm is stock or not? Also i didn't know if you guys had ecms there or would i have to send you mine and have the truck sit until i get it back?

Thanks in advance for your help.
sorry please remove post
2005 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Duramax Allison Denali Headlights 285/55R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on Black/Machined XD Hoss -12 Offset MBRP 4" Stainless Turbo Back Diamond Eye Turbo Direct Pipe LBZ Mouthpiece EGR Blocked & Cooler Bypassed PPE Standard Level 4 Autometer Cobalt Boost Gauge EDGE Insight CTS w/ EGT Probe Head Gaskets & Studs @ 145,000 MILES

Check out some pics HERE
HERE
js05sierrahd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.