Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

replacement tank 07 Chevy

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Jacob02 
#1 · (Edited)
I am so tired of this 26 gal tank. I have the long bed.

Are there any brands or web links to replacement units for my truck?

#3 ·
When I got my truck a buddy of mine gave me a nice toolbox and Back Rack, and I upgraded the Bose sound system immediately. Then I got the Titan 56 gal replacement tank.

#6 ·
Subd. I thought the shirt beds have a 20 gal tank. I would like to upgrade as well

#8 · (Edited)
original owner of a 2002 CCSB with 363k miles. I've filled this thing up thousands of times (literally). It is a 26 gallon tank. I actually put 26.5 gallons in it once and 25.8 in another time. Mine doesn't have a mileage computer but has a low fuel light, When that light comes on, there's 3 gallons left. Most of my fill-ups run between 16 & 22 gallons. You have to actually drive it with the gauge on empty and the low fuel light on for a while to get more than 22 gallons into it.

#9 · (Edited)
Note-- The short bed tanks are 26 gallons. and the long beds are 34 gallons. I believe both short bed and long bed LML have the same size tank-- at 36 gallons. There is usually a label on the side of the tank that shows the tank size-

Yes, as noted, the low fuel light will come on early with anywhere from 6-10 gallons of fuel left. If you ever ran out of fuel on the highway, without a optional lift pump- you would spend a lot of time getting it restarted after you add fuel. Another reason for the GM setting- the tank is long, so fuel can move away from the pick-up tube if low on fuel and climbing/turning or stopping.

The fuel gauge can be re-calibrated with EFI. You can download the EFI program for free to play with it, but you cannot up/down load any vehicles, You need a license to save anything.

http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

#14 ·
How much is the bigger tank replacement for my truck. Is it a pain n the ass to install?

#15 ·
The fuel range does not seem to reflect a 26 gallon tank on the CCSB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.