Build Thread... needz moar fuelz - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Aftermarket Mods. Discuss what Mods are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 07:54 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Build Thread... needz moar fuelz

Well i have been on here for a while now, almost a year i think. I have done alot to my truck already but there is alot more to come in the future. So i figured i should start this now. I'll try to catch up and talk about the stuff so far and put in whatever pics i have of the process along the way

Here is the day i brought her home It already had aftermarket tires/wheels, keys, steps and line-x..... but not for long
2008 LMM 2500HD, MA-700, MBRP 4'', K&N cold air intake, EFI Live from Diesel Addiction, edge insight, PPE lift pump, egr blocked, 33'' Goodyear duratracs on 20" XD Misfits, de-debadged,smoked tail lights and cab lights, halo headlights, black grille, leveled with keys, B&M gooseneck hitch, air ride air bags with compressor, Alligator tie rod sleeves, PPE shim kit,Rough Country 6'' Lift Powdercoated Orange, 35w 5000k HIDs highs, lows and fogs
WAITING TO BE INSTALLED - PCV reroute, Ppe rear diff cover, inline filter kit
>>>build thread<<<
BorderlineReckless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 08:13 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

first mods i did were just the basics. 4'' MBRP, K&N CAI, and A Quadzilla stelth II. Loved the mods at first, thought it was so fast. Untill labor day i was at a party at my buddies parents house with a bunch of people. Everyone was shooting skeet and targets and had a hog roast. Well that got boring so we decided to line up the trucks in their field of soybean stubble. There was 4 diesels, and 4 gasers (one was an ecoboost). We line up and spool up and im thinking to myself "i got this all day" as im lined up with my buddies lly with a bullydog and a lbz with a superchip. and i knew my dads 6.4 with the Edge wasn't even turned up all the way. The rest were stock 5.3s and the ecoboost. So we take off and i blast the line and pull ahead (for like 40 ft) and then there goes the other 3 diesels and the ecoboost... I raced a few more times and then just got pissed off. I tried it on the next setting down and all that. I got so much shit from everyone (especially my friend with the stock ecoboost lol) So later on, after joining the forum, i learned about rail pressure So i got my lift pump and damn!!! Now I had something!!! i didnt know what i was missing.
2008 LMM 2500HD, MA-700, MBRP 4'', K&N cold air intake, EFI Live from Diesel Addiction, edge insight, PPE lift pump, egr blocked, 33'' Goodyear duratracs on 20" XD Misfits, de-debadged,smoked tail lights and cab lights, halo headlights, black grille, leveled with keys, B&M gooseneck hitch, air ride air bags with compressor, Alligator tie rod sleeves, PPE shim kit,Rough Country 6'' Lift Powdercoated Orange, 35w 5000k HIDs highs, lows and fogs
>>>build thread<<<
Old 11-20-2012, 08:17 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

A pic of just me and the lly. bad reaction time lol. it didnt help the starting line guy was drunk
>>>build thread<<<
Old 11-20-2012, 08:26 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

After a few performance mods i needed to do some exterior work.
First thing was to shave the badges. I love the clean look!

then i ordered new halo projector lights and a black billet grille overlay. At this point i knew i was going to go with the black look. Really changed the truck.

Before

After

They look even better after i get rid of some moar chrome
>>>build thread<<<
Old 11-20-2012, 08:53 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

so at this point, i have had my truck for about 8 months and the time when i notice my tranny isn't going to last to much longer, it was still very driveable, i was just noticing some bad shifts and i was ready for something more. I tow around 26k in cattle at least once a week and with my quadzilla it took so long to switch tunes i just left it on whatever tune it was on (i know, i'm a dumbass ) probably the main reason for my tranny problems. So i decided to order EFI live. I went with some built tranny tunes from Diesel Addiction ( i know alot of people don't like them but i have had a great experience with this tuning) The same day i ordered the EFI i called Merchants and got an appointment to get a MA-700 installed the only problem was the appointment was a week after the local shop was having its dyno days My efi arrived on wednesday and i didnt get a chance to install it till the next day. took it out for a test drive on the tow tune and instantly noticed and difference in drivability compared to the stealth II. Switched it onto the economy 125hp tune and i was SOLD! that 125hp tune was faster than my 140HP tune on my quad all day, or at least it felt like it. Knowing that i had my stock worn out tranny i didnt even think about toughing the hot/street and acid tunes. So saturday comes and its dyno day and i say it! Im just gunna let it rip, im getiing a new tranny anyways lol. I went into it thinking i was just gunna have fun and see what it could do. i ended up running 553rwhp and i won the damn thing lol
>>>build thread<<<
Old 11-20-2012, 08:57 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

The day i had been waiting for finally was here! my wheels came in!

they were on back order for like 2 months, but i'm glad i waited.

>>>build thread<<<
Old 11-20-2012, 09:06 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

After getting the bigger tires and cranking my torsion bars more to fit the 33.5"s i had such a bad ride. i rode around like this all summer, finally one day i got sick of it, decided i was gunna lift it, called the local parts guy and he said he had a 6'' some kid ordered and never picked up that he would give me a deal on it. i said perfect ill be there in an hour lol. So i picked it up and already had the plans in my head. i didn't want to just put it on the way it was, so i sent it in for powdercoating Orange of course! i like to stand out but not to much, i thought it would accent the plain black and silver of my truck and give it a distinct characteristic
It looks a little different in the pic, but trust me, its sweet!
>>>build thread<<<
Old 11-20-2012, 09:21 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

and this is the way it sits as of tonight
>>>build thread<<<
Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

sweet, looking forward to the pics!
*35" Toyo AT II's
*and a few other small mods...
duramaxt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 12:46 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Sweet, BorderlineReckless!!!!! From the picture of them on the truck, I would say they are well worth the wait.

From my family to yours, we hope you have an awesome holiday weekend.

Michelle, GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.