Towing mirrors - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Aftermarket Mods. Discuss what Mods are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 01:53 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Towing mirrors

Looking at these mirrors,2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 Mirror - AM Autoparts

Just wondering if my factory will connect to them. I have power signal but not sure if I have heated or not. I turn the defroster on and they warm up but no icon in the mirrors like other mirrors I see. Any input?
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 01:58 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Sub'd. Good price.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
*EFI DSP5 By: PPEI *DE Downpipe & 5" Dump *ARP Studded *Pro-Fab Deleted *Custom Re-Routed *Alligator FPRV Plugged *DHD Braced & MA Sleeved *20x12 -44's *305/55/20 Terra Graps *LBZ MP, Intake & FPR *Kleinn Horns & On-Board Air *Paramount Restyling Grill *MA Pump Rub & M1 5w-30 *All-On Mod *Maintained

Willie @ Synthetic Motorsports
Kory @ PPEI
Eric @ Merchant Automotive
Jason @ Alligator Performance
e46_330i is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 02:08 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Take a look at the ones atp truck have good deal
Old 11-27-2012, 02:15 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Was wondering how they would fit my truck. Like if I needed all those features for them to work properly
Old 11-27-2012, 02:19 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
This space for rent!
Supporting Member

Mine didn't have the little picture either but they were indeed heated. The factory connection should work w/those. That is a great price, think I paid about $50 more for my that are esentially the same ones. Only bummer is that the signals aren't "Marker" lights. Apparently someone on here has a mod to change that though.
Of course all kinds of other stupid "Sh*t"
------ Yes Koho is a fish, but atleast I don't have Walleye vision ---------
Koho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 02:45 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

The one ATP has say power extending which would be sweet but I don't know how it would work. I emailed Rob about it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
*EFI DSP5 By: PPEI *DE Downpipe & 5" Dump *ARP Studded *Pro-Fab Deleted *Custom Re-Routed *Alligator FPRV Plugged *DHD Braced & MA Sleeved *20x12 -44's *305/55/20 Terra Graps *LBZ MP, Intake & FPR *Kleinn Horns & On-Board Air *Paramount Restyling Grill *MA Pump Rub & M1 5w-30 *All-On Mod *Maintained

Willie @ Synthetic Motorsports
Kory @ PPEI
Eric @ Merchant Automotive
Jason @ Alligator Performance
e46_330i is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 12:04 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

I have AM Auto Parts towing mirrors on my LMM.Great mirrors at a great price.
Aftermarket DSP5 calibration by Danville Performance, Blocked and re-routed, Nicktane with Baldwin BF7587, PPE lift pump with Baldwin BF1212 water separator, 285/75/17 Dura Grapplers on H2s, CTS Insight with pyro, Large fender mod.
Proud Member U/A Local 693 Plumbers/Pipefitters.
poosniffer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 12:38 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

I am not sure which plug you have in your door right now, however I would go check that first. My 2002 Lb7 the plug didnt match however I expected that, I just cut the plugs and rewired it, I have the drawing for the 2002 Mirror plug and the Wiring for the 2003 so I made it work.

I also have the way to add Blinker & parking lights feature. Couple .99 Resistors and 10 feet of 22 Gauge wire and you are set for parking lights. I just haven't had the time to do the "How To - DIY" but I can walk you thru it.

I would say go for it, they ship fast and are great lights, I just put a little extra bead of clear silicone around the side marker cause water likes to jump inside. but after that you have a awesome set of lights!!!!

Also Check Ebay they sell also on there, it might only be 10 bucks cheaper but with that you can do the Signal & Parking light mod.
2002 2500HD LB7 Duramax 170K +|Spyder Front End Conversion (ALL LED & 6k HID)|Royalty Core Custom Grill|20" LED Light Bar (Hidden Grill)|EFI LIVE W/DSP5 from Bob Olsen aka "BOBO"|ARP Studs|LDS Injectors|Ported Turbo Horn|PPE Boost Valve|3" Leveling Kit|18" Pro Comp Mulisha Wheels w/Hankook ATM 285/65/18|Rancho XL9000 w/Shock Extensions|MOOG Idler/Pitman w/ Cognito Support Braces Kit|Edge Insight CS mounted above head console|4" MBRP Turbo Back with 6" Mulisha Tip
MMulisha_LB7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 01:20 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

So order them anyways and you could shoot me the schematic if something isn't right?
Old 12-08-2012, 02:56 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Take a look at your door clips and double check what you have first. So you know what you will need exactly.

Pop open the triangle piece on each door and see if you can see the plug and ask vendor if it will work. On the 02 it wasn't plug and play. However I have heard the 03 are. Just double check your harness first that is the for sure way to know what you need.

I can upload the diagram or email it to you.

First pic is of my 02 factory plug. Second pic of of the 03 mirrors with two plugs, as you can see I had to cut, however look to see if you have the same plug as the 03 I just posted.

ImageUploadedByAutoguide1355007195.766160.jpgImageUploadedByAutoguide1355007257.445931.jpg

Hope this helps you.
2002 2500HD LB7 Duramax 170K +|Spyder Front End Conversion (ALL LED & 6k HID)|Royalty Core Custom Grill|20" LED Light Bar (Hidden Grill)|EFI LIVE W/DSP5 from Bob Olsen aka "BOBO"|ARP Studs|LDS Injectors|Ported Turbo Horn|PPE Boost Valve|3" Leveling Kit|18" Pro Comp Mulisha Wheels w/Hankook ATM 285/65/18|Rancho XL9000 w/Shock Extensions|MOOG Idler/Pitman w/ Cognito Support Braces Kit|Edge Insight CS mounted above head console|4" MBRP Turbo Back with 6" Mulisha Tip
MMulisha_LB7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.