Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Help with some turbo add on parts?

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  GioBandy 
#1 ·
Well i got twin turbos and im not sure if i should get this Yes/No???
Because after i dropped off my girlfriend at the house and then as i was getting back on the highway and as i was taking the side road to get onto the highway i was going about 55-60MPH and the speed limit was 45MPH so i let my truck cost down to 45MPH and then after i got onto the highwat road i florid it and then my turbos winded up then all of a sudden i heard a loud POP!!!! and then i lost all turbo boost and my truck smokes like a coal train with no power really slow but roals coal like crazy though and well did i pop my turbo or did the hose just blow off because as your driving it you can still hear the turbo power up and it whistles just no Boost and heres a video my friend recorded from later today. Heres the video on how much my truck smokes right now Duramax Rowling Coal The Right Way!!!! - YouTube
Image/Name/Price/Details.

Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Automotive super charger part

Here is a Picture of my trucks Twin-Turbos

Product Auto part Sight glass Metal Rim

TurboGuard Blow-Off Valve-$646.00
Closing the throttle suddenly when the engine is under load can result in turbo damage. BD's TurboGuard blow-off valve protects your stock or aftermarket turbo from surging and possible compressor wheel explosions. This new advanced TurboGuard kit features adjustable valve opening pressure and a microprocessor with six different custom settings, including valve opening pressure, activation sensitivity, clutch cancellation, and more.

Features:
Steel Weld-On Adapter
Microprocessor W/ Six Custom Settings
Protects Turbocharger From Surging
Fits Many Applications - Fabrication Required
Additional Information
Install Sheet
-------------------------------------------------------
And i was wondering can someone tell me what this "IS" and "HOW IT WORKS" and "HOW WILL IT WORK ON MY TRUCK?"

Auto part Bangle Metal Piston ring Circle

Turbo Intake Flange-$44.98
The Empire Performance EPE-M1001MS Turbo Intake Flange for your 04.5-15 GM 6.6L Duramax allows you to custom build your own intake plumbing for a twin turbo setup or intake piece. Retains the use of stock clamps and accepts 3" pipe.

Features:
One Mild Steel Flange
Includes One O-Ring
Allows For Custom Fabrication

See less See more
#2 ·
Could easily be just a boot that popped...check out all the tubing and see if one of the boots popped off at the intercooler or possibly even popped the ends on the intercooler. But first place I would look is boots....just an initial guess

#5 ·
Where's the boot at? Can you give details step by step please?

#6 ·
Yes then after i heard the pop i got scared then pulled over and i checked all the underneath of my truck to see if anything was broken but it looked fine so then i went to drive off and thats when i noticed i had no turbo boost so would a turbo blow off valve help keep it from happening again once i fix it?

#7 ·
It's gonna be one of the "soft" connections. Where the tubing isn't metal. Or like dude said, check your intercooler. It's somewhere in the charge air system

#8 ·
Alright i sure will so what should i be suspecting to see like the hose came off or the hose got a split init? and if so where can i order a new hose?

#9 ·
Pretty much. I've only seen it once, and that was on one of my work trucks (semi). It blew a boot clean off. As far as finding replacement parts I have no idea. Just have to search once you find it

#10 ·
i blew a boot off after my egr delete. scared the hell out of me when it blew. check all the rubber connections one of them is off.

#11 ·
Okay well good news is i fixed the turbo it just came unhooked and well during the process of that i had to take a few stuff out of my truck in order to get to it and after i took my left side battery out the (-) and (+) ends of the battery wires hit each other and now my truck is :vviolinCompletely DEAD!!!gunner: no lights come on at all... and well im going today to auto zone to replace this one fuse that i hope will fix it, and well has this happen to any of you, or have any ideas on how to fix it??? and by the way the battery is still good i checked it it has to be something with the truckdeathing1 that got messed up.:cry

#13 ·
What you mean?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.