Cat filter - Page 6 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Alligator Diesel Alligator Diesel Performance

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 04:23 PM   eBay Motors  #51 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiggids View Post
Got mine same time. Zero problems its their newer batches
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossfam View Post
Ordered it the day before thanksgiving and it was the red one.
Thanks guys!
atptrucks.com
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 09:13 AM   eBay Motors  #52 (permalink)

Ok so I hdt got of the phone with adp and I was told that I could either get a refund or try a new adaptor because the 2nd bad batch was bad due to wrong threads?

I decided to have them send me one of their new ones and I'll be sending faulty one back(red). I honestly think they will give the new batch more extensive testing and if not I'll just give udp's adaptor a go.

Worst that can happen is I end up dropping a big coin on an ad2
Old 12-21-2012, 12:00 PM   eBay Motors  #53 (permalink)

I just got off the phone with Alligator for the third time. The first two guys said they would call me back and never did! I am not tryen to be an ass but this is my daily driver and I am kind of mad that I am going to have to go buy another $50 stock fuel filter to fix a problem that is not my fault. If my truck sits more than 2 hours I have to prime it. This isnt fun at 5 AM. Now I just got off the phone with Alligator and the guy said they are only sending out new adapters. And it will be at least another week atleast! So it looks like I am going to be out $50 for a stock filter and for a Cat filter because I am not wanting to put on a used filter. I hope they can make this right for me. Sorry for the rant, I know its not Alligators fault but I just want them to make this right ASAP.
Future Plans: built trans.,Trac Bars, injectors & Lift Pump... it never ends.
onthefritz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 12:18 PM   eBay Motors  #54 (permalink)

Ok. So if I buy an ADP adapter, then I will wait a couple weeks to see if the new stock of adapters works for everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didnít.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Reagan
It isnít so much that liberals are ignorant. Itís just that they know so many things that arenít so.
rkhodges21 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 05:05 PM   eBay Motors  #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhodges21 View Post
Ok. So if I buy an ADP adapter, then I will wait a couple weeks to see if the new stock of adapters works for everyone.
Honestly man just go with nicktane or a udp adaptor. I can't recommend alligator crap adapters to anyone at this time.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:13 PM   eBay Motors  #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthefritz View Post
\ I am going to have to go buy another $50 stock fuel filter to fix a problem that is not my fault.

YEP!!! I was pretty upset when I had to pull off the CAT adapter and put on a new stock filter also. I guess the one plus is that it confirmed the fact that the adaptor was the issue.

06 2500 LBZ 4X4
Old 12-25-2012, 09:49 PM   eBay Motors  #57 (permalink)
Go Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koho View Post
DOH!!! Think they need to rethink the machine shop they are using. Bring it back to the U.S. maybe lol... Thanks for the info- Time to go back and pick up the oem one again.
Didnt know that Utah was outside the USA..

At this time we have suspended all adapter sales. We have had hundreds that work without a problem, then a handful that have prime issues. some loosing prime, some have been leaking. I pressurized one of the "leaking" ones up to 160psi (which is 140-150psi higher then they will ever see, dumped it in a bucket of water and found no leaks at all. Due to not being able to duplicate the problems we felt it prudent to pull the product until they can be 100% fool proof.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 AM   eBay Motors  #58 (permalink)

Thanks for the update Jason. If we have already contacted Alligator about the problem, do we just wait to hear from you guys about a replacement?

Hopefully you guys can find the solution. It is very mysterious that the truck will run fine without any leaks, but lose prime after sitting for awhile.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:35 AM   eBay Motors  #59 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Jason took care of the cat adp I had sent the old one back and they sent out the new cat adp. They ll take care of the problem.
2006 2500 HD SLT ECLB, LBZ, LED tailights, black turn signals , black aftermarket headlights,265/75/16s uniroyal larados,Bilstein shocks,Banks 4inch exhaust, Cat adp and 2 micron cat filter , amsoil oil, pcv Re-route from alligator performance,And S&B air intake good to be driving a diesel again.

2002 Chevy silverado 2500 HD, LB7, traded it on a gasser and then traded it in for LBZ.
bigjohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 11:42 AM   eBay Motors  #60 (permalink)
Go Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300Hz View Post
It is very mysterious that the truck will run fine without any leaks, but lose prime after sitting for awhile.
Yeah.. this is the part that blows my mind.

but whatever problems come up, ill get them fixed for people

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.