dealer injection cleaner - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Alternative Fuels - Diesel - Additives - Lubricants Discussion of diesel, its various additives, oils, lubricants and alternative fuels IE: Bio-Diesel ect...

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 12:06 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

dealer injection cleaner

had a balance test and the dealer said they could fix it with thier injection cleaning chem for $200. do they have something that great or will amsoil injection cleaner or something else eventually do the trick?

05 lly 4" exhaust,fitch,fs2500,amsoil,pac brake,246k,mike l stage 3 trans, running 19.5 direct bolt ons,amsoil in everything
vegas jake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 12:18 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

I'd go buy a few bottles of diesel kleen and run 1 full bottle per tank for the next few tanks. (doesn't matter which size really)
Should be fine after that unless it is something really wrong.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:12 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Can't remember the link, but a service tech said instead of the injector cleaning gm recommends, he would remove the filter, empty it, then fill it back up with marvels mystery oil, run that for a while, and repeat, re test balance rates.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:16 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Banned

Or you can buy the dealer cleaner for 18$ and the hoses for 15$ and clean your injectors up for 33$

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
ferdkila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 05:18 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

marvels mystery oil = snake oil, it does absolutely nothing except ruin things. Please do a search on it on the internet. Don't use it! I'd be very wary of going to a place that had a service guy that said to use it

2008 GMC 2500 D-Max Crew Cab Long Bed Z71 100% Stock
Real trucks don't need stacks
RyanZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 07:40 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanZ71 View Post
marvels mystery oil = snake oil, it does absolutely nothing except ruin things. Please do a search on it on the internet. Don't use it! I'd be very wary of going to a place that had a service guy that said to use it
Well, after I read it, I tried it after having some bad coking issues from running wmo, after I did this, there was noticeable smoother idle, and less smoke, MMO claims to be a carbon/injector cleaner, it worked for me, don't know the active ingredient, but i'm betting one of them is either MEKP, or the ams oil cleaner, I forgot what is called, derived from ethanol, if i'm not mistaken. I thought it was a good thing to do, from it being "oily" it would be ok to use directly as fuel, as with atf. not sure if I would try this with diesel kleen, or power service. I did exactly what I wrote to my lb7 and it seemed to work, for me anyways.

ps, I did a search as you suggested, I found a bunch of good stuff. http://www..com/alternative-fuels-ad...stery-oil.html

Last edited by weldersd; 03-21-2012 at 07:53 PM.
weldersd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 07:47 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdkila View Post
Or you can buy the dealer cleaner for 18$ and the hoses for 15$ and clean your injectors up for 33$

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
do a search on gm injector service, it's on here I read it. it's very easy to do the oe injector cleaning procedure, get a 15 dollar line tool, (ebay sells a muti size tool) the cleaner from gm and some hose clamps and hoses, idle your truck on the stuff mixed with d#2 and I hear it works well, 200 bucks, guess if you got more money than time, I know i don't.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:42 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
rms
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Here ya' go:

How To: DIY - Injector cleaning

2007 LBZ 4x4 regular cab
S & B Intake - Diablo Predator
285/75/16 Cooper ATP's - 8' Bedslide
Amp Steps - Bilsteins - Fumoto

The Arizona Diesel Club
rms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.