Cheveron Delo 400 LE - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Alternative Fuels - Diesel - Additives - Lubricants Discussion of diesel, its various additives, oils, lubricants and alternative fuels IE: Bio-Diesel ect...

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 12:15 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Cheveron Delo 400 LE

Is this oil any good?
B&W Goosneck Hitch & Airbags
285/75/16's
20% Tint all around with 40% Full Windshield
All stock for now, an staying that way, all emissions equipment still in tact.
155k an rollin
02Duramaxdually is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 07:48 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DF Sponsors

There are hundreds if not thousands of threads about oil here on DF. Delo and Rotella have been around a long time and are tried and true. Every has an opinion on what is "best". For me its synthetics from AMSOIL. For the next guy it might be Schaeffers or Mobil1. My recommendation is do some searching around on here and do some fact finding. Then try out what you think is best from that and see how things go.

If I can answer any questions about AMSOIL synthetics, please let me know.
mrmanners is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 07:51 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I use Delvac. Used Rotella in my motorcycle with no issues. Heard Rotella makes the duramax engine a little noisy on a few occasions. I use Mobil products in all my vehicles except BMW's (BMW oil only). Even my 270k miles Accord. Mobil conventional 5w-30. After 5000 miles black stone said it looks perfect.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
*EFI DSP5 By: PPEI *DE Downpipe & 5" Dump *ARP Studded *Pro-Fab Deleted *Custom Re-Routed *Alligator FPRV Plugged *DHD Braced & MA Sleeved *20x12 -44's *305/55/20 Terra Graps *LBZ MP, Intake & FPR *Kleinn Horns & On-Board Air *Paramount Restyling Grill *MA Pump Rub & M1 5w-30 *All-On Mod *Maintained

Willie @ Synthetic Motorsports
Kory @ PPEI
Eric @ Merchant Automotive
Jason @ Alligator Performance
e46_330i is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 05:26 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Delo is a great oil. I use it in all of my diesel engines. I have also used Mobil Delvac 1300 in this truck a few times, But always seem to go back to Delo.
EFILive V2, Tuned by Rob, Edge CTS Insight, Titan 52 gal. Tank, AirDog Lift Pump, Nicktane Fuel Filter, PPE Intake Mod, Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back, EGR Blocked, PCV Reroute, Trans Go Jr. w/ Deep Trans Pan, Fuel Mavericks 18x9, GoodYear Duratracs, Rite Air Bags, B&W Hitches. 280K miles.
IDAMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 07:46 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

YES! Oil brands are all personal preference.

2009 GMC 2500HD SLE CC/SB 4x4 LMM
EFI Live, Edge Insight CTS, Resonator delete plug, EGR disabled, Flo~Pro 4" DP back exhaust w/ muffler & stock trumpet tip, Pacer LED NBS cab lights, GM under tailgate dually light bar, Footwell lights, Cobra 29 WXNWST CB radio, Kenwood speakers, Tinted windows, GM chrome oval running boards, Alum. bleeder screw, WIF sensor delete plug, Fumoto oil drain valve, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Michelin M/S2, PY0 wheels, Rubber mud flaps, Curt class IV hitch, Wilson 2000 CB antenna

2000 Silverado 1500 LS RC/LB 4x2 4.8L (Whoopty/Work Truck)
HD Dmax Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 08:46 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAMAX View Post
Delo is a great oil. I use it in all of my diesel engines. I have also used Mobil Delvac 1300 in this truck a few times, But always seem to go back to Delo.
I agree, Delo is a great oil.

As I understand it, Delo was developed as a marine diesel oil back around the beginning of World War II or thereabouts. The story goes that, at the time, submarine engines would require frequent overhauls due to the ineffective oils then available. The old Standard Oil Company of California formulated Delo to address that very serious problem.

By the way, anybody ever wonder what Delo stands for? Diesel Engine Lubricating Oil.

Nicktane OEM adapter w/Donaldson fuel filter

Planned mods:
1) Banks Speedbrake?
2) EGT gauge

I need all the I can get!
Rade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 09:10 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
rms
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

I'm hoping it's good as well. There's a case of it waiting in my garage.
It's been Rotella for most of the time - this 3 gallon batch was on sale for $29.99 at Costco.

2007 LBZ 4x4 regular cab
S & B Intake - Diablo Predator
285/75/16 Cooper ATP's - 8' Bedslide
Amp Steps - Bilsteins - Fumoto

The Arizona Diesel Club
rms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 09:41 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

x3, oil is mostly preference. but if your looking to venture, delo is neat because its cheap, but it also depends on your driving habits, style, mileage, and what your truck responds to. for example, if you drive a ton, or lay on the throttle like some of us do, i would highly recommend a synthetic. if you use your truck for nothing special and are consistant on maintenance delo or rotella would be just fine.
K&N intake, FASS 150gph, BD wastegate, banks monster exhaust, Flowmaster DP, DRP horn, Built trans, t-case rub kit, custom sleeves/ trac bars, autometer boost & pyrometer guages, SSBC front brakes, Amsoil front to back.....amsoil dealer
Injectors and EFI Live By Wade Boyd @ Diesel Day Dreams....Ill get 600rwhp with an IHI or blow up trying....maybe ill just get a turbo.
willmonte72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 09:42 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

not sure how it is for our trucks but i run it in the trans on my 4 stroke dirtbike and so far so good

http://madjacksynthetics.com/index.php
http://www.gotshocker.com/home.php
http://performancetruckproducts.com/
SHEET METAL WORKERS LOCAL 105
SoCal06DMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 09:57 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

I agree that it made mine run quieter than rotela. And we use rotela in our tractors at home and all our excavators at work. But everyone has thier own opinions and every engine is different
2004 Chevy DRW 4X4 crew cab LB7, Nicktane with Cat filter, Silverline 5" exhaust straight pipe dumped with 6" tip, ported turbo horn, PPE Boost Valve, Ranch hand bumper on the front and custom hauler bed on the back with 108 gallon transfer tank, Edge CTS, EFI live, FASS sittin on Ultra phantom's

DRW CLUB MEMBER #118

3rd Coast Diesels founder

"I'd rather be a fence post in Texas than the king of Tennessee" - Chris Wall
Dboonetx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.