Wix 33960 is also 4 micron, whats the difference Nate ?
If micron rating is all that really mattered, GM never would have had the design changed 3 times.
From our website:
This is the latest and greatest high efficiency, long life, "depth coalescing media" fuel filter by Racor. This is the EXACT same filter sold by GM dealerships (pn# 12633243) but at a fraction of the cost. The PFF50216 has been tested to OEM standards for life, efficiency, water removal, and is now standard and backward compatible on all GM Duramax engine applications. The Racor PFF50216 coalescing filter system inside has up to twice the life and improved water removal in all blends and types of diesel fuel when compared to other paper media filters. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Uses Racor developed Aquabloc II fuel filter media system solutions
- OEM tested and proven coalescing fuel filter, direct replacement
- Up to twice the life of standard media filters for reduced maintenance costs
- Backward compatible with all Duramax fuel filter applications
- Primary depth coalescer followed by a secondary polishing filter provides the highest water and particle removal efficiency available in a diesel fuel filter
- MADE IN THE USA HOW IT WORKS
Racor's PFF50216 is a genuine direct replacement coalescing fuel filter for the GM Duramax Engine. The Racor PFF50216 fuel filter system contains a primary coalescing and a secondary polishing stage. The coalescing stage has multiple layers of specialized media that traps dirt and extracts finely dispersed water out of diesel fuel. The secondary filter strips away remaining water and polishes the fuel. The Racor PFF50216 coalescer system provides up to twice the life when compared to standard pleated media filters. The unique can design is proven to resist impact and seal deformation, "will fit" reproductions may use a different, unproven design. Accept NO substitutes.